Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

DAILY PICS 13/05/04

Guest ChaserUK

Guest ChaserUK

OK so no tornadoes today but we did see a few very severe storms and VERY large hail. In fact at one point we had to park underneath the trees to avoid the hail from damaging the windscreen. You will see just how green these storms appeared.

This is the first wallcloud we saw with a brief period of rotation.

TEXAS%20002.jpg

This was another very nice wall cloud - not the colour of the core to the right!

TEXAS%20WALLCLOUD.jpg

This was one of the best gustfronts I have ever seen - very circular and the speed at which it came over head was amazing. This was the storm we escaped underneath a tree to avoid the large hail.

TEXAS%20GUSTFRONT.jpg

Another shot of the gust front as it was ready to pass overhead.

TEXAS%20008.jpg

As the gust front passed overhead we had the most impressive example of a 'Whales Mouth'. Superb.

TEXAS%20010.jpg

A distant view of another Severe Storm that pummelled us with large hail and the heaviest rain I have seen.

TEXAS%20012.jpg

Just another view of some awesome cloud structure with this storm.

TEXAS%20015.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I wish I was there! :Fade-color

Brilliant 'photos, mate. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Again, although I've seen smaller scale versions of those clouds in the UK- we just don't seem to get storms of quite that sort of severity!

Personally, I think those photos are the most impressive so far (and that's no mean feat)