Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Introducing The Netweather 2011 Storm Chasing Teams

Paul Sherman

Posted

Well it is that time of year again, In just a little over 5 weeks time the Netweather Chase Team and lucky participants head Stateside to Chase down Severe Weather across the Great Plains of the USA. Like last year the following are Chase Biographies from everyone who will be involved in 2011. We will be out in the States for 47 days again from April 28th Until June 12th 2011. So here are some short Biographies on the Members who are making the trip across the Pond this year.

Please feel free to reply in this thread to wish friends good luck and "Please Pack Me In Your Suitcase" Posts are also accepted :rofl:

PAUL SHERMAN - TOUR LEADER & DRIVER TOURS 1,2,3 & 4

-------------------

Paul is 38 years old and lives in Essex at Leigh On Sea. I am married to Louise and have 3 Children named Chloe, Abbie & Sienna. This will be my 8th year out in the States and the more I go the more my hunger is for Severe weather. Last years Chase was a career best for me and the Netweather Teams and every tour saw Tornadoes and Huge Supercell Thunderstorms. Mother Nature seemed to be smiling down on us as everytime we changed a Tour over we seemed to get a Big risk day on Day 1! 2011 looks like being a La Nina Spring trending to Neutral as July comes around, this usually favours "Families of Tornadoes" meaning Big Outbreaks (See 2008 for last comparable La Nina). Once again we have a very Strong Team behind us with every single person in the Team knowing exactly what is required of them. Tom is back for 2 Tours as a Driver and Forecaster, Ian Cameron is also back as GPS Man on Tours 1 & 2. New Recruit Ian Michaelwaite slots in as the 3rd Driver and Technical Wizard on Tours 1 & 2 as well and is also a dab hand at Photography for all the Camera Newbies! We also welcome another new Team Member this year Arron Hiscox who will be taking on the GPS Role when Ian departs after Tour 2. Once again this year we will be Live Streaming for all you armchair chasers and I have been assured the technical difficulties should be fixed this year with less drop-outs. Getting on for 125,000 Chase Miles on the road now so hopefully I can be called a Vet soon and really want to get to a half century of Tornadoes this year (7 Needed) I say this every year but the Tornado is really the icing on the cake for me, but just seeing these incredible Statues in the Sky does it for me and being able to see Mother Nature at her most incredible Fury gives me my yearly fix. See you all at DFW Airport in April, May and June

TOM LYNCH - FORECASTER & DRIVER TOURS 1 & 2

-----------

Tom Lynch is 58 years old and was born in Manchester. I work as a Repairs Operations Manager for a Housing company in the Lake District where i have worked for 31 years. This will be Tom's 11th Season chasing Storms across the Alley. I have had an interest in the weather since I was 8 years. My dad took me for a day up to the lakes and the clouds were draping the mountains. That was a big deal for a young lad from Manchester. My interest became more intense during an 18 month stay in Arkansas, where I had my first brush with a tornadic storm. I have over the years seen some of the most amazing storms and some gob smacking sights. I want to help other people to experience the beauty of the plains and share the thrill of coming face to face with a mature supercell. Whilst I have a wicked sense of humour, when it comes to the chase I treat every storm with respect.

IAN CAMERON - GPS OPERATIVE TOURS 1 & 2

------------

Hi all my name is Ian cameron and I am 32 years old. I am currently a civil servent in Central London. My main hobbies are traveling the world when I can! Sport all types, cooking, going to the theatre, reading, oh and severe weather.

This will be my 5th year in the plains with Paul and I am on the first two tours, if we can get anything like what we experienced over the last 4 years I will be one very happy man indeed. You know theres nothing better than supping on a cold beer and eating some pizza after a really good chase day watching a lightning show from a squall line into the evening then planning to do it all again the next day so will see you all out there or online. And if anyone wants to take my Big Texan crown the challenge is there

IAN MICHAELWAITE - DRIVER & TECHNICAL WIZARD TOURS 1 & 2

------------

I am now staring middle age in the face at 43 years old, but still an adrenaline junkie.

If I'm not working at Netweather HQ, where I'm one of the Directors, then you'll find me discovering new ways to damage myself on two wheels, or the latest hobby of swiss ball wars with my kids. The middle age spread has forced me to rejoin the gym, so hopefully I'll be a slimmer version of myself by the time the tours come round.

Having popped my tornado cherry last year, I've signed up for the first two tours and will probably be there for either tour 3 or 4 this year as a driver. Once again, my previous life as a professional photographer will come in handy, and I'm happy to help with any questions and advice for anyone who'd like to hear me blather on.

I'll be looking to take my tornado count to double figures and enjoy the banter that seems to follow us around the plains each year. A couple of core punches, some towering supercells and some serious lightning will keep me amused along with some of the most spectacular scenery if we venture into the hills at any time.

On a personal level, I'm going to try to avoid annoying the local smokies this year, they might not be as nice as Officer Darling and the thought of sharing a cell overnight with Bubba is frankly terrifying, so strictly keeping to the speed limit this year (ish)...

See you all there

AINE CUDWORTH - TOUR 1 GUEST

--------------

"Hi, I'm Ãine, aged 33, from Northampton, currently working in data analysis for local government.

Despite having loved thunderstorms since my teens, I seem to somehow have landed up in one of the more storm-starved parts of the country!

This will be my third trip with NetWeather, and while I've seen some fantastic storms and structure on the previous trips, I'm hoping this year will be my third-time-lucky as far as tornadoes go.

But that would be be the icing on the cake, and I'd be very happy indeed with just more picturesque storm-structure, plenty of anvil-crawler lightning, beautiful landscape - and my first decent steak since the last trip!"

-Ãine-

CLAIRE HUDSON - TOUR 1 GUEST

-------------

I’m a not yet qualified management accounts analyst for a Hertfordshire based IS Company, supporting the various teams in our Global Ops Division .

I’ve always loved T-Storms and was even more awestruck after watching a Tropical storm roll in from the sea whilst on a beach holiday :crazy: . After reading people actually chased storms for a living and you could join them, I drunkenly added it to a list of things to do before I die, never actually thinking I’d go....the rest as they say is history!

It was pretty inevitable I’d return in 2011 as I had such great fun with the guys last year and would love to see a Tornado along the lines of a Dumas or Bowdle otherwise just point me in the directon of a US size T-Storm and it would all be worth the torture of the 11 month wait :drinks:

CRAIG HOUGH - TOUR 1 GUEST

-----------

Craig is a 33 year old BMW technician from Milton Keynes.

This will be my second year out in tornado alley with the netweather chase group and I can't wait to get back over there. I was very lucky to witness the things I did last year and I know there are countless other things I haven’t seen yet, the anticipation has been building since I landed back at Heathrow at the end of May !

I hope I am better prepared for the trip this year, having taken a basic photography course and learnt a little more about the way the weather works in the plains, only time will tell I guess?

Aside from extreme weather I also enjoy following sport as much as possible (normally from the comfort of a sofa),football, golf and NFL keep me fairly busy, I like the odd round of golf as well, but I am to golf what Tiger Woods is to marriage guidance!

This year I'd really like to be able to do more lightning photography, as well as see a few more tornados, and maybe understand the forecasting and targeting a bit better.

The people make this holiday what it is though, and that aspect was spot on last year, very glad to be meeting up with most of my tour again this year and meeting some new chasers.

I wish everyone on the netweather tours all the best this year, I'll be following online when I get back, lets hope there is plenty of mayhem to go round!

JO FULCHER - TOUR 1 GUEST

----------

Once upon a time...

a long time ago...

in a county far far away (or not depending where you live)....

when I was a tiny Jo my mum put on The Wizard of Oz........ I watched it nearly every day.....

Then I went Storm Chasing and now I must go again.

Where else can I go to stay in motels everynight, spend hours and hours in a car, grab lifesavers in a gas station and sample stupidly big steaks (by sample I mean devour!), Oh and catch a rather amazing storm or two (and maybe even a tornado??

Besides you guys need me. Who else has 2 pairs of Dorothy shoes, can coreograph dance routines in the back of a car (Red Gold and Green), yell at people as loud as I can (in a constructive and proactive manner) and entertain with an i-pod like me (Dave & Mark you know what I'm talking about!).

Can't Wait.

MARK PRITCHARD - TOUR 1 GUEST

--------------

Mark Pritchard, 23, from County Durham. I work as Logistics Administrator for a food production company.

This will be my third year out in the States chasing with Netweather.

I have always had an interest in severe or interesting weather from a very young age, and ever since I knew it was possible to chase tornadoes and storms in the States I knew it was something I had to do one day.

2009 was my first year, and although it was a poor season by normal standards, it was such an amazing experience and I witnessed storms far greater and more intense than anything I had seen in the North East. We managed to see a storm every day, 10 out of 10, which was an excellent achievement in a ‘quiet’ season.

2010 was even better, I think it was 9 days out of 10 for Tour 2, so I’ve been lucky enough to have had storms on 19 out of 20 chase days I’ve been there, but even the down day driving to Amarillo and relaxing in the hot sunshine was a great day, even without storms it’s an amazing place to be and with great company. 2010 was a far more active season, and we were treated to tornadoes, hail, spectacular lightning shows, amazing structure and much much more, and I’ve got some brilliant memories, videos and photos to look back on.

I’m feeling storm starved so I’m really hoping for more of the same in 2011!

Not long now!

QUENTIN HORDLE - TOUR 1 GUEST

--------------

Hi, I am a business analyst in a financial services company in Bournemouth, and I am a Dorset lad through and through.

My first real interest in extreme storms was inspired by the storms I'd watch every afternoon during a South African Highveld summer some 34 years ago.

Last year was my first tornado chasing season and a good ice-breaker, this year i'm really seeking more. As much as down days are pleasant, more on-storm chasing is my hope for this year (fingers crossed).

This year I look forward to taking some decent photo's of touch-downs compared to last year, over to you oh weather godz.

Here's hoping we scoop them all before Dog32 makes it in to town...

MAXINE HORDLE - TOUR 1 GUEST

-------------

Hi I am a part time shop worker and part-time granny looking after our grandchildren.

Last year was my first chasing season and I just had a great time, wanting to come back for more. I'm hoping to see more than last year, this time I want big hail and some RFD.

I love lightning it is so amazing to watch, there's something about the power and beauty of a lightning storm that is so different. I'm hoping for some night time storms.

My hubbies hobby has made me interested in weather and in storms in particular. I watch StormChasers and go "OMG, that'll be us soon!"

I am really looking forward to it even though all my friends go "Your doing what, are you mad".

I want to come back in one piece, after seeing the TIV, and maybe Reed, so maybe the answer is yes!

Meeting either Tornadovideos.net or the TIV on the scene would be the icing on the cake.

TREVOR MITCHELL - TOUR 1 GUEST

---------------

My name is Trevor Mitchell, and i'm a 28 year old mature :rofl: student at Reading University. I used to live in Norwich, but quit work last year to go to uni. I'm currently doing a foundation year, leading to Meteorology and Climate with a year in Oklahoma :yahoo: ! I was on tour 1 last year and had an absolute blast. I'm hoping that his year I will be a bit more camera savvy, as the point and shoot wasn't quite up to the standards of most! If I see storms as good as last year I will be a happy man, but a daytime tornado would top it off.

STEWART (AUDMUN) - TOUR 1 GUEST

--------------

Hi.

I'm Stewart, 33 years old and this will be my 4th time chasing with these mad fools! Who goes on a storm chasing holiday to relax?! Why would you do that?! I live in Northampton which is 'No storms or anything remotely interesting' central.

As I said, this is my 4th time out there with NetWeather and I just keep wanting to come back. Whether it's the crazy fools that keep coming year after year (you know who you are), or the unbelievably stunning things that Mother Nature puts up for us to savour, it doesn't matter but both are equally enjoyable.

For those going for the first time........ start saving for next year as you are so going to be hooked and it will only take a few decent days! One thing you can absolutely guarantee is that you will never look at British weather the same again! :D

WILL - TOUR 1 GUEST

----

My name’s Will and I’m a 22 year old IT Support Assistant. I enjoy participating in, and watching, a wide variety of sports and adventure activities. I love being pushed to limit and tested both physically and mentally. So sport very much covers the physical side. As for the mental side of things, I love all things weather. I’ve been interested since I was around 12 years old. I used to have a fear of the wind. Hated the howling sound it made as it whipped around buildings. But by making weather one of my main interests, the fear soon disappeared. And now I find all the extremes to be nothing short of thoroughly enjoyable. From a very young age, I’ve always been inquisitive. Wanting to make sense of everything. And that led me to discover astronomy (my other main interest). It keeps me thinking.

For some time now, I have wanted to do something very different to the typical week away in the sun. And I knew that this Storm Chase trip is exactly what I’m after. I get enjoyment from the single IC flashes of lightning associated with small thundershowers and unexpected sugar coatings of snow from slack northerlies. So I am bound to be nothing short of over the moon with my experience.

Very much looking forward to meeting all the people that are going on this trip too. Can’t say I know of anyone around my neck of the woods that enjoys the weather like I do. It’ll be wonderful to share stories with like-minded head cases. See you all soon.

ARRON HISCOX - TOUR 2 GUEST AND GPS OPERATIVE TOURS 3 & 4

------------

My name is Arron Hiscox, I'm 29 years old and live in storm starved Aberystwyth, West Wales. I'm a self employed sports trader, having previously worked in IT.

This will be my third year out in the US chasing with Paul and the Netweather team. Every year has been better than the last so hopefully this pattern can follow!

This year I will be out for three of the four tours thanks both to a wonderful fiancé for letting me pursue my passion (thought I'd get that in quick), and also for being asked to come back and be a member of staff by Paul S. This I'm very proud of and look forward to the challenge of safely negotiating the team around the Plains!

Last years tour was out of this world and we had pretty much everything, from the highs of chasing night time tornadoes to the lows of tyre failure! But, surrounded by an awesome group of like minded people, I had an amazing time and can't wait for this season to begin.

I've been into storms since I can remember and always watched any documentary on tornadoes. I never really understood how Supercells and Tornadoes formed until I went on my first tour with Netweather. It didn't take long for me to understand the mechanics behind this severe weather thanks to Netweather team and their vast knowledge. I can't wait to get back out there and learn even more!

Other hobbies I have are Cars, Music (Trance mainly) and Drinking! I have two cars and still own my "chav" era motor from 10 years ago :D This car I drive around various race tracks as and when I can. I used to DJ too but have since stopped playing out, I still make my own mix cd's though which I'll bring along to keep you amused.

This year I've upgraded the camcorder and also the camera. Looking for that one awesome photo of an elephant trunk tornado in an open field so I can get it printed on to canvas. I must also remember to keep the camcorder as still as possible this year as last year I was terrible for camera shake!

I think I've rambled on enough now, look forward to meeting everybody on the other side! :D

CLARE HODGSON - TOUR 2 GUEST

-------------

Awaiting Biography

RICHARD MOTT - TOUR 2 GUEST

------------

Awaiting Biography

ED O'TOOLE - TOUR 2 GUEST

----------

Going storm chasing is a dream come true and something that I have wanted to do for a number of years. I am a forty year old married man with two young daughters, Amelia,8 and Katie,6. I live in Burgess Hill, West Sussex and I was lucky enough to be given the green light, by my lovely wife, Donna, to go chasing as a present to myself for my fortieth birthday. I work in a health care profession and invited my friend and business partner, Chris Roberts, and another friend Martyn Hooton, to join me. Crazily they both accepted, with very limited knowledge in the way of weather experience or forecasting behind them - but they are both excited to see what weather geeks like myself get upto. ( I am sure we can turn them into fellow geeks by the end!)

On the forum I am known as chionomaniac - literally mania for snow - as it is not just storms that I have a passion for. I hope that by the end of my chase that I will have far more technical knowledge and ability in predicting the target zones for supercells to form. What I really want from the chase is to be able to see a supercell form from a fledging cloud as the cap gets broken. To see a tornado would be the icing on the cake, but not a necessity, in my eyes. I really can't wait to go now and meet up with the other chasers on tour 2 and also watch Martyn buy back some credibility by completing the 72oz steak challenge!!!

CHRIS ROBERTS - TOUR 2 GUEST

-------------

Awaiting Biography

MARTYN HOOTON - TOUR 2 GUEST

-------------

Martyn (41) is a doctor...but not a medical one. So his fellow storm-chasers can keep their itchy crevices and oozing pustules to themselves! He is an applied mathematician living and working in London – with such works as “Explosion bubble dynamics†and “Collapsing cavities, toroidal bubbles and jet impact†to his name. Fascinating stuff, huh?

Martyn is a complete weather novice. He has a spotters guide to clouds, but hasn’t quite got it sown up yet. They all look the same to him (except the mammatus’ – he’d like to see some of those!). He’s hoping not to show up weather aficionado Ed with his limited knowledge; but then again he does see himself more in it for the “après-stormâ€, where he hopes to buy back some credibility. Most of his spare time is taken up with being a part of the City of London Round Table, essentially a social club for guys from all professions. Back in 2009, Paul Sherman and Nick Finnis were guest speakers at a Round Table evening, which came about from a bizarre sequence of coincidences which started with Martyn’s wife, Vicki, describing a necklace she wanted for Christmas. All she could remember was she seen it somewhere in the Oxo Tower and it looked like a satellite dish. If it wasn’t for that and Ed’s 40th birthday, he probably wouldn’t be going storm chasing this year.

Later this year his Round Table are organising the Nuns Run for a charity called Children’s Wish, where over 1000 fun runners will dress up as nuns and run along the Thames. So if any Netweather subscribers fancy a laugh in London, check out

http://www.209events.com/event.php?events

PETER HULBERT - TOUR 2 GUEST

-------------

This will be my 2nd year stormchasing and I didn't bother with a winter sports holiday this year first time in 14 years to be able to go this time, stormchasing is addictive help needed more supercells, lightning, tornados and hail needed to satisfy craving.

In the meantime i have been chasing the Severn Bore similar that you pick a location video a bit get in the car race up the road amongst lots of yahoos and old ladies on there way to church yes we have em in this country also LOL . plus those who want to ride the bore some more the odd news crew etc. get in front of the bore video a bit more do it again video a bit more if you can find a parking spot amongst the crowd.

Pete

PAT "TIMMER" CARTER - TOUR 2 & 3 GUEST

-------------------

Hi I am 44 years old, I am a Qualified Music Teacher with the London College of Music of guitar,Bass,Piano and song writing. I am now learning the Drums at present. I live on the outskirts of Cheltenham Hatherley area of town. My hobbies are mainly music , Storms and Photography. But I do love plants and flowers and Astronomy.

Why am I doing this? Every year I travel accross Greece,Spain,South France chasing ThunderStorms to video

This obsession started since my father sat me down on a window ledge at 5 years of age(1972) to watch a thunderstorm ever since then I have been hooked.

Through the 80s and 90s I would listen out for the Sferics on the radio in the summer months for any storms.

I have collected sooooo many video tapes over the years of Lightning and Tornado chasers but I never thought of going because of the financial side. I am obsessed with Storms and to see a Tornado is one of my lifes dreams...

Even if I dont see one I will enjoy myself with the scenery and the company..

This will be my 6th time to the States...This is my 3rd year Tornado Chasing.Im am completely addicted to it.

The Storms I have witnessed make the Euro storms like teddy bears..no joke!

Truly a awesome experience wich I hoipe to do to the day I die...

All the best..and my seats not for sale!! :lol:

RICHARD COOKE - TOUR 2 GUEST

-------------

Hi my name is Richard Cooke and I am 23 years old. I live on the Isle of Lewis. This is just off the far northwest coast of Scotland

Job – I currently work in the local Co-op supermarket up here and have done since end of 2004. I mainly work in the chilled section of the store.

Interests and hobbies – my main hobbies and interests included anything to do with the weather; I enjoy tracking and watching hurricanes online aswell as the storms that frequently batter the island which I live on. My football team is Blackpool fc, I love Playing squash and going to the cinema with my friends.

What I want from this trip – I want to make some new friends who share a same interest in the weather, I want to see a tornado from a safe distance, and experience a proper thunderstorm at first hand. This going to be a once in a life time experience which I can’t wait for.

JOHN HANRAHAN - DRIVER & TECHNICAL WIZARD TOUR 3

-------------

Hi all,

I’m a 32 year old I.T Manager living in Midleton Co. Cork. This will be my 4th year chasing with the Paul and the Netweather team. I’m married to Deirdre and we have one little daughter called Caoimhe who is 16 months old. My main hobbies are staying up to date and playing about with technology, watching documentaries and movies, a bit of cooking and severe weather of course. I’ve also been known to enjoy the odd pint of Heineken. This will be my first time as staff later on in the chase season as I’ve normally been on Tour 1, so it’ll be my birthday while over there. I couldn’t possibly think of a better birthday present than a white, photogenic elephant trunk tornado crossing the road a half mile in front of me, followed by a night time lightning show with a few beers, oh and world peace. No pressure then Paul!

I’m looking forward to chasing with the gang again and meeting some new faces. I'm also looking forward to seesing how my "I Shot J.R" T-Shirt goes down in Texas.

ROSS BLAND - GUEST TOUR 3

----------

Awaiting Biography

ALISON - GUEST TOUR 3

------

Awaiting Biography

IAN CARRUTHERS - GUEST TOUR 3

--------------

Hi my names Ian and Im 21 and from Dublin.

I studied Climate and Earth System Science In UCD for 2 years, unfortunately , i had to exit from the course and now im In DIT studying Maths part-time, hope to get back into meteorology after i obtain my degree, and would love to move to Canada to study/work over there.

For me , my interest in Meteorology Started (probably like many) when i seen the film twister, no matter how many times ive seen it id always watch it again whenever it is on.

I remember well the Stephen's day storm of 98 ( i think it was that year! ) , we wer at the usual family get together , i was watching the film on the tv in the room and just by looking out the full-length windows it was like i was IN the film... then the power went and we all got to light candles for the rest of the night.

I work In Tesco part-time , descent place to work, ill be there 5 years this autum.

For my first chase tour ( and visit ) to the US this May , id love to witness some epic lightning, some crazy hail, a windstorm that seems to come from nowhere and of course, a tornado would be amazing! None of that would be memorable without a bunch of pictures and videos to relive it all. So i hope i can capture some descent shots too.

Other than that i hope everyone just has a good laugh, and enjoy the whole trip as a whole.

DAVE VICARY - GUEST TOUR 3

-----------

Hey everyone, for those of you who I have yet to meet me I’m Dave, 24, living in South West London and working in the city as a Catastrophe Risk Analyst. I have a passion for travelling and an endless list of places to go and things to see and do. I was lucky enough to tick the Northern Lights off the list in January with a trip to Iceland!

Following on from my first of storm chasing experience last year I fear I may be hooked. I witnessed and experienced more than I could have possibly hoped for: Tornadoes, multicell clusters, squall lines, supercells in all their forms from LP’s to classic and HP storms, hail, lightning, gustnados and that was just the weather!

The banter between those on the trip is great and Tornado Alley is full of interesting people to meet and places to explore. So why am I going back? I feel that I only scratched the surface in terms of my understanding of the complexities of the weather over there. I leant more than any book or TV documentary could teach me. I can’t wait to get out there with my cameras and capture some more great shots of some of the most beautiful things in nature!

What I would like to see this year is some insane night time lightning and some car denting hail and some more of the Amarillo night life! Until then I wish those on tours 1 & 2 some great chase days and I look forward to seeing you in Dallas

KIM ANDERSON - GUEST TOUR 3

------------

I’m 40 years old and live in Suffolk, currently pursuing an ambition to further my photography after being made redundant from office work. This trip is ‘life begins at 40’ birthday gift/ambition and I hope to do it justice by capturing some great images and moments.

My hobbies/interests are photography/video, learning languages, travel, staring at most things in the sky, aviation, F1, surfing/shopping, gadgets, going to the gym, reading, listening to music. My interest in the skies comes from a young age. When using my first camera I proceeded to take pictures of clouds, which didn’t amuse my parents as they thought it a waste of film. Thankfully now they don’t mind so much…

Though petrified of storms at night when younger, I have managed to form an interest in the weather, and also began to take notice of storm chasing a few years back when it was very first featured on TV. But it wasn’t until I saw a forming funnel cloud a very short distance from me that I got rather more obsessed. I vowed to take a camera with me everywhere, and spend a lot of time looking up at the sky and tracking weather on Netweather. On different occasions I have seen a dust devil, rotation, mammatus, fallstreak holes, lenticulars as well as other optical phenomena. Still, I don’t know much at all about weather so I also would welcome the chance to learn more during the tour. But I’m still really waiting to see a tornado and a supercell over in USA. Well, maybe more than one!

Best wishes

Kim

TERRY PRICE - GUEST TOUR 3

--------------

I am Terry from Southampton, Hants, joining Tour 3 for fun, fotos and fear (probably in that order). No weather expert, I am happy to be told where to look just to get a rare picture.

I have traveled to over 45 countries in the world, watched volcanoes in the Med, felt 2 earthquakes, faced a 70 ft wave in the North Atlantic, 100mph+ winds on my face, been frightened by lightning in Texas and seen the destruction of a hurricane in Louisiana. Just monster hail and a tornado to see first hand.

Professionally, I am ex military engineer with a Masters Degree in explosives and I now work as a consultant safety engineer for the UK and overseas military sector. It actually keeps me out of trouble.

I am reasonably fit, an ex-international athlete who spends a lot of time coaching youngsters. Dont expect a lecture from me about it though - I have been keeping in shape and lost over a stone in the last 2 months for the sole reason of being able to eat as much Texas steak as I can on the Tour (though I will probably side step the steak challenge as I prefer to taste it just the first time of eating).

Hoping to have a relaxed time with new friends and see where the journey takes us.

PAUL MICHAELWAITE - DRIVER TOUR 4

-----------------

Awaiting Biography

MICHAEL FISH - GUEST AND FORECASTER TOUR 4

------------

Awaiting Biography

KRIS TUCKER - GUEST TOUR 4

-----------

I am an easy-going 30 year old chap living in Wallington, Surrey earning a living by day as a civil servant (specifically the UK Border Agency) - that's the boring stuff out of the way..... :lazy: but by night I love catching up on the latest trance tunes, playing pool/snooker, drinking with mates, clubbing and I'm a big Chelsea fan (and that means supporting before 2003 - pre-Abramovich!). I'm quite partial to an 80s night too - our local haunt is known as Reflex. :drunk:

I have only been to the USA once (New York in 2003) and that was an amazing holiday so I am pretty excited to be visiting the States again this Summer, for something a bit different. I think I have surprised a few people with my choice of holiday! :shok:

I am looking forward to experiencing amazing cloud structures, mental lightning, ear-busting thunder, huge downpours, monster hail, and of course, a majestic twister (or two) - but most of all, to have a fun and memorable holiday with easy-going, like-minded people, making new friends, drinking beer and pigging out on nachos/steaks/fajitas/burgers/chips* (*delete as appropriate). Meeting a certain Mr Fish will be pretty cool too. :hi:

Like many of you fellow chasers, I am also hoping to improve my photography skills and capture plenty of decent shots to take back with me (hopefully some that are good enough to enlarge and mount on the wall!). :good:

Don't hold me to it but I might even have a go at the 72oz Steak Challenge! I have seen your videos on You Tube and it looks like a beast..... :help:

MICHAEL RIDDLE - GUEST TOUR 4

--------------

Hi everyone, I’m a 22 year old student studying Computer Science. This is my 3rd chase, (2nd with Netweather) and every year I can’t help myself getting drawn back into chasing Supercells. The adrenaline rush, the beauty of the storm, the eerie hum of the transformers before a lightning strike, the tornado sirens and Paul’s music selection are what it’s all about.

My love of storms came from spending part of my childhood in Italy. With the humidity from the Mediterranean and the dry Alpine air mixing, in the right conditions you can get some big old storms in the northern plains. The lightning on show from these are the next best thing I've seen after Tornado Alley.

As some of you know, the other love in my life is following my team Barnet FC, but the less said about that at the moment the better.

I look forward to having a great time with everybody on Tour 4. Roll on June 1st !

ASHLEY NELIS - GUEST TOUR 4

------------

Hello all, my name is Ashley. This is my second year of going out to the plains (2010 being my first) and I can't wait to get back out there.

I went out to the plains last year for the first time and it was an amazing experience and it was what I dreamt it would be and more. It was so surreal to be close to those big storms on the plains, after years of watching the documentaries on TV. I never thought I'd get to see eight states and three tornadoes from one storm, on the first day! I had withdrawal symptoms when I came home.

I'm really looking forward to the trip and seeing all the different kinds of weather mother nature can throw at us and i'm hoping it'll be so darn good that my withdrawal symptoms are even worse when i come home. I am also looking forward to meeting some new faces Including Mr Fish and of course, seeing some big motherflipping twisters!

JIM FORD - GUEST TOUR 4

--------

I'm 47, married with 2 kids, born and lived in Dorking Surrey. Been working in IT for last 26 years, mainly in the IBM mainframe and storage management arena. Currently working for IBM and based at Kingswood.

My interests are mainly football and golf and support Chelsea FC for my sins.

I've been interested in the weather since i was a kid and would always await the farmers forecast each week on a Sunday morning. Ever since the October 87 storm, have always had a keen interest in extreme weather across the world, following it on the net and on TV, although technically, i'm very much an amateur.

What i hope to get out of this years tour? Just would love to see these supercells in action with all the weather that comes with them and to get as close as possible to a tornado. Also hoping to learn more about forecasting, cause and affect from the experts on the tour.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there you have it so far, lots of Interesting people that make these trips so special, once the other Bio's come in to me I will edit and update this thread.

But as I said at the top if you want to pass on your good wishes please feel free to reply to this thread over the next 5 weeks.

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Cool.

So Pat is going on two tours (greedy :lol: )

Who won the eBay auction?

Edited by Backtrack

Posted

Cool.

So Pat is going on two tours (greedy :lol: )

Who won the eBay auction?

:rofl::whistling:

THE HINT..lol

BT I wont go on one Tour...to much to see so I always go for the 2..

BUT TO BE HONEST THIS ISNT AS GOOD AS 3..loL..GET THE HINT :lol:

BT..You want to come along one day when you can..your see real storms... :hi:

I WISH lol

Good luck to all new comers on seeing there first Tornado and Supercells...

May T1 see awesome storms :drinks:

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Updated to Include Audmun and Amarillo Dave

Come on the remaining bunch dont be shy..........We dont bite....Well Not Yet :crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

Updated to Include Audmun and Amarillo Dave

Come on the remaining bunch dont be shy..........We dont bite....Well Not Yet :crazy:

OOPS , this so easily forgotten :pardon:. Will have something to you by the end of the week ....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

I'll do mine over the coming weekend too. Work has been demanding a little too much of my time of late !

Posted

Updated to Include Ashley, Pete, Mark & Michael.

Just need the Following

Tour 2

------

Danny

Richard

Clare

Chris Roberts

Tour 3

------

Ross Bland

Alison

Tour 4

------

Paul M

Mr Fish

Cheers

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...
:girl_devil: ooh I'm on the naughty list Edited by duckeyh

Posted

Ok like last year here are the predictions....

T1 3 Twisters 8 Supercells

T2 5 Twisters 8 Supercells

T3 well mayhem tornado outbreak....cant say more than that

T4 Holy xxxx...dont look back...another outbreak

EF5 T1 AND T3

Edited by dogs32

Posted

I am not fibbing when I say this...but I have had at least 10 dreams now ...last nights were grapefruit hail :lol:

I have a scary feeling about this year that im going to wet my pants :lol:

any chance of Corpus Christie for the Bikini girls then my dream would come true :lol:

Posted

Ok like last year here are the predictions....

T1 3 Twisters 8 Supercells

T2 5 Twisters 8 Supercells

T3 well mayhem tornado outbreak....cant say more than that

T4 Holy xxxx...dont look back...another outbreak

EF5 T1 AND T3

Pat wrong thread Mate - Try to Use the Stormchase Chat for Banter Lol

Just moved my post

Posted

Pat wrong thread Mate - Try to Use the Stormchase Chat for Banter Lol

Just moved my post

Paul move this one if you want..I get carried away as we all know :drinks:

or delete :good:

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

someone take me with them, i can sit in the boot?

Posted

someone take me with them, i can sit in the boot?

They are pretty strict with the weight allowances now on TransAtlantic Flights :pardon:

Updated to Include Claire Hudson and Terry Price, Just Will (Supercell) To go for Tour 1 Now and a splattering of others on the other tours, maybe they are soooo secretive they just dont want us to know about them ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

They are pretty strict with the weight allowances now on TransAtlantic Flights :pardon:

Updated to Include Claire Hudson, Just Will (Supercell) To go for Tour 1 Now and a splattering of others on the other tours, maybe they are soooo secretive they just dont want us to know about them ?

Sorry. It's been a very busy week. And now i'm being a lazy git. I'll send it across to you later tonight.

Posted

Updated to Include Will on Tour 1 so now that Tour is Complete.

If the others could get something to me soonish would be appreciated and that includes Paul and Michael Fish :whistling::acute:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

Updated to Include Claire Hudson and Terry Price, Just Will (Supercell) To go for Tour 1 Now and a splattering of others on the other tours, maybe they are soooo secretive they just dont want us to know about them ?

I'll pay the excess?

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

:rofl::whistling:

THE HINT..lol

BT I wont go on one Tour...to much to see so I always go for the 2..

BUT TO BE HONEST THIS ISNT AS GOOD AS 3..loL..GET THE HINT :lol:

BT..You want to come along one day when you can..your see real storms... :hi:

I WISH lol

Good luck to all new comers on seeing there first Tornado and Supercells...

May T1 see awesome storms :drinks:

I will come along some day. Just not this year, or the next. Or the next. And probably not the next either.

Unless you're paying?!

Would love to go to the USA, both to see the storms, and the country. :D

Posted

I will come along some day. Just not this year, or the next. Or the next. And probably not the next either.

Unless you're paying?!

Would love to go to the USA, both to see the storms, and the country. :D

Good luck mate,

I hope u can come along one day u wont regret it.

:drinks:

u never know i might end up living in Tornado Alley.. :lol:

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Good luck mate,

Yeah maybe one day. :p

By the time I have the money to come along Net Weather won't even be doing the trip anymore. :rofl:

Living in tornado alley? I'd like to like in LA. :)

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Good luck mate,

Hope all tours get a tornado and no death ridges to be seen for the entire season..!!

Me too Pat, Ive already started making enquiries for jobs in Kansas, Dakota's and Oklahoma..!!

Oh, and my daughter said she'd love to come out and live there too even though she's absolutely petrified by storms, but she knows what to expect as I show her vids and the likes of tornadoes, all she asks is that we'd better have a storm shelter..!!!

Edited by NL