Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

As if beating England at cricket and rugby wasn't enough, here's a brand new thread for you to discuss anything weather related specific to the island of Ireland over the course of the spring and summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Possible warm spell just creeping into the reliable timeframe now. Seems a good shot that somewhere may hit the 20C mark from next Tuesday onwards.

WarmSpell.png

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Possible warm spell just creeping into the reliable timeframe now. Seems a good shot that somewhere may hit the 20C mark from next Tuesday onwards.

WarmSpell.png

Looks like we have a good chance of seeing the warmest temps so far this year next week. April is a lovely time of year to get nice weather as its never too warm. April 2007 was a great month. Im not a fan of heat in summer,especially the humid muggy stuff.

• 1 month later...
Posted

Very quiet in here!

Some amount of rain in Dublin in the last 12 hours, and very needed too. Are we on the cusp of another lengthy dry and warm spell though? And will we see thunderstorms tomorrow? Please God to both!

Posted

The south has had a pretty impressive amount of rain so far this month. For just the first 5 days of May, Cork has already had more than the combined rainfall of April and March!

Posted

Anybody catch any of the thunderstorms last night? Missed out here in Cork, just the usual heavy rain...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

Anybody catch any of the thunderstorms last night? Missed out here in Cork, just the usual heavy rain...

Yes, had some thunderstorms here last night and torrential downpours,its been a while since ive seen rain that heavy. The most interesting weather we've had in the last few months.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Horrendous here today, trees down all over the shop.

The weather has been awful for pver two weeks and it may be another two before we get some dry calm weather.

Posted

telephone box - I hope not

Afraid so, however the models do show the Atlantic train slowing as pressure builds over the continent bringing some real warmth.

Posted

Hows it going folks. Haven't been in here in a few months. That storm today was mental. Don't think i have ever seen weather so bad in May. Actually kind of glad that we are getting all the rain now and maybe we will have a good summer for a change. I see that NW have their summer forecast out and they are comparing it to 1976. Would be great if we could have a BBQ summer! Heres a video from todays storm! Really was bad! Good luck and i'll drop in again sometime soon for a nosey!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-13500042

Posted

Hey Ronan!

All quiet here but not during that storm. Had a fence panel blew down serious wind.

Had some great hail today Very heavy and lasted about 15-20 minutes. It was around 7pm and we still have some pockets of hail sitting about in the back garden. Heard someone say it was a positive sign for the summer.

Things set to get warmer and drier for through the week. If only I knew where my prescription sunglasses were!

Edited by Baltic Regions

Posted

Enjoy later this week and Satuday as its downhill from there.

Dare I say the Netweather Summer forecast of Hot and Dry is on a sticky wicket?

Posted

Enjoy your one FULL day of summer today, who knows when it will return!

Yeah Ireally enjoyed looking at the wall to wall sunshine stuck behind my desk!

Fingers crossed we may see an improvement in 2 weeks time, maybe I am putting to much faith in GP but in the past he hasn't been so far of the mark!

Posted

What a depressing day.

I have had a maximum of 8.9C today, surely deserve better than that for June?

It hasn't stopped chucking it down here all day - went for a jog got soaked, went to the match got soaked - even the placeson my body where I was soaked got soaked, still as we are such nice people I am sure Karma will bring us some nice weather soon :whistling:

Posted

Cloudy in Ballyporeen for much of the day, began clearing up around 5pm and the temperature crept up to almost 16C, so not a complete loss. Skies are mostly clear now and the temp is down to 11.1C, chilly night ahead!

Posted

Weirdly the temp is at it's highest now at 9.9oC. Awful, awful day. Looks like we have at least two weeks of dross ahead too.

Posted

Minimum of just 3.6C this morning and a DP of 1.6C, very cool for the time of year. Max today of 14.8C. Some frost during the week maybe?