Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Sorry guys, forgot Met Eireann don't have stations in the North! No problems with using the the MO stations

Posted

Cloudy, dry and warm in Cork, 19.0C. Seems a far cry from yesterdays 24C and sunshine though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

another cloudy morning here in roscommon, some hints of the sky brightening up. I'm holding my breath. :rolleyes:

Posted

another cloudy morning here in roscommon, some hints of the sky brightening up. I'm holding my breath. :rolleyes:

Ditto. Damp and cool compared to Tuesday, 16.7 degrees at the moment.

Though we did fare well yesterday, 23 degrees IMBY and glorious sun, up until 6pm ish....

Posted

Ditto. Damp and cool compared to Tuesday, 16.7 degrees at the moment.

Though we did fare well yesterday, 23 degrees IMBY and glorious sun, up until 6pm ish....

another cloudy nothingness day here. :nonono:

I dunno is it just me, but its seems to be very hard for the sun to come out these days, even when its promised good. it actually turns out not so good. :whistling:

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

A cloudy day here aswell,

Max temp 19.6c,current temp 15.3c

Posted

At least its dry and warm I could live with that :drinks:

I'm sorry man, but I can't. it's either glorious sunshine or ferocious storms for me. :rolleyes:

Posted

Its all me me me with you :acute:

Only joking looking promising here this morning cloud starting to break up :drinks:

another cloudy morning here, but trying its best to brighten up, fingers crossed it does. at least its not raining. YET! :rolleyes:

Posted

Back in Tipp for a day or 2. Started off quite sunny this morning but is now cloudy and cool, just 17.1C.

Posted

Manky oul morning here, wet but very humid - yuck

looking like a dry cloudy warmish week - just your kind of weather stormforce :whistling:

Does anyone on here have chickens the wife is badgering me into getting a hen house so we can be more self sufficient :cc_confused:

Posted

yes pomeroy, what a wonderful week of weather to look forward to. :wallbash:

self suffiency is the way forward. been thinking of growing some fruit and veg in the garden. didn't think of owning hens and chickens though but it's a great idea. :)

overcast drizzly and windy. :rolleyes:

Posted

yes pomeroy, what a wonderful week of weather to look forward to. :wallbash:

self suffiency is the way forward. been thinking of growing some fruit and veg in the garden. didn't think of owning hens and chickens though but it's a great idea. :)

overcast drizzly and windy. :rolleyes:

I have a small veg patch and the stuff is doing brilliant this year - at least the plants like this type of weather :pardon:

Posted

Hey Weatherlovers,

I just read this article, I wonder is it true Ireland had the coldest june, july in 50 years. Over here in the Netherlands often the newspapers give the readers false information about the weather.

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Global-cooling-as-Ireland-records-coldest-June-and-July-in-50-years-126569913.html

Posted

Hi Sebastian,

Might be true, our Met Office says July in Northern Ireland was the coldest since 1980.

I am a bit surprised at this as I would have thought last July was Cooler - I have more sunburn this year than I had last year!!

I am still convinced that this summer has been better than the previous 2 maybe thats a IMBY perspective :mellow:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

I heard that we had the coldest june in about 40 years and the coldest july in 46 yrs. Also in july the second coldest temp in Ireland for july was recorded,around 4c i think it was.

Posted

I am a bit surprised at this as I would have thought last July was Cooler - I have more sunburn this year than I had last year!!

I am still convinced that this summer has been better than the previous 2 maybe thats a IMBY perspective :mellow:

You have a better suntan because we had above average sunshine in July even though it was colder. The nights were particularly below average.

Posted

You have a better suntan because we had above average sunshine in July even though it was colder. The nights were particularly below average.

really?

lack of sunshine is the only way I can sum this summer up.

did July get above 21c at any stage?