Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

another soggy wet, filthy day. 10mm of rain has fallen so far today. back garden starting to flood.mad.gif

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Some rain about first thing this morning,one or 2 showers during the late morning but dry after that with some good sunny spells especially this evening.

Max temp 18.4c

Current temp under clear skies 12.1c,coolish for this time of night at this time of year imo.

Edited by sundog

Posted

a lovely day here, dry with broken cloud and sunny spells.

a pleasant evening too, quite cool now.

got loads done in the garden today.smile.png

temps forecast to get down as low as 4c tomorrow night.

just as i predicted, mid to late august we would get a first taste of a cold autumn night.

keep me posted people, as i am heading of for a few days.smile.png

does anyone know if temps have reached over 21c so far this month?

Edited by stormforce 10

Posted

In Clare for a few days, it was 15 here today max, but was 17 when I left Dublin at lunchtime.... Horrible heavy drizzle all day!

Saw this earlier and I chuckled...

"I love Irish summertime, it's my favourite day of the year!" :-)

Posted

Morning all,

I am taking the family upto Dunfanaghy next weekend anybody got any encouraging news on the weather front for me as in yes its going to be fantastic weather sunny warm days......................................

Edited by Pomeroysnow

Posted

Anybody see the article in the Irish News today about the Hurricane which hit Ireland 50 years ago, interesting wee side piece about a 2 year old not far from where I live who was blown away only to be found 24 hours later sleeping in a potatoe field unharmed!!

Sadly though a lot of other people where not so fortunate

Edited by Pomeroysnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Just had a close to torrential shower here in Cork. No thunder and lightening that I noticed unfortunately. Still, plenty more streaming through on the radar!

Posted

Sharp and short thundery downpours here in Dublin, then beautifully sunny, but only 16.5 degrees!!!

Posted

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/70837-your-highest-snow-depths/page__pid__2126078#entry2126078

Here's a page for posting your highest snow depths from last winter on the day the first snow of the winter arrived on the Scottish Mountains. Hopefully yet another eventful and record breaking winter ahead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

A cool day here for late Aug,max temp 16.5c,last nights low 7.6c, today certainly felt autumnal.

Edited by sundog

Posted

definately a feel of autumn around. cool breezy and wet.

outside temp 13.3c

outside humidity 87%

atmospheric pressure 1001.8 hpa rising

rainfall last 24hrs-4.6mm

overnight low 8.1c

Posted

Hi All.

Whats everyones thoughts on the storm forcast for Monday.Will it have much impact on my location? I have my driving test help.gif on Monday morning so any input would be apreciated.

Posted

Hi sweepykat.

Current projections are looking like you may be in for a very windy day with lots of rain. Maybe some localised flooding and some structural damage. Whether this has any effect on your test, is very much down to your route I guess. If you're driving through any areas prone to flooding, anywhere there are significant numbers of old larger tress etc...

Hope this helps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Turning into a beautiful Septembers day, up to 22.0C now with blue skies! Where did this come from?

Posted

Turning into a beautiful Septembers day, up to 22.0C now with blue skies! Where did this come from?

jeepers, I think im gonna move down to cork void. no blue skies here for months.cray.gif