Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Futurology

SP1986

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I thought it was high time we had a topic on the future, much of the stuff that is being found out, technologies things like theoretical physics, the biotech revolution all being grounded in science, it's quite apt.

stuff like;

- Biotechnology: Organ Growth, Life Longevity, Immortality, Disease Eradication

- Technology development (Mobile, Internet, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality

- Space technology: Future Missions, Planet Colonisation, Space Travel

- Scientific theories: Parallel Universes, M-Theory, String Theory etc

Posted

i always wonder about the stuff they already know and dont tell joe public untill years after they found out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I find purely academic scientists to be an excitable lot, I feel in general they're like little kids when they make a discovery, they want to tell the world about it, so if there are new things coming out, they generally tell us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

The future of robots

post-11361-0-86672100-1303077388_thumb.j

Robots

Not to far into the future robots are likely to be doing many things for people, computers and technology is incredibly advanced its hard to keep up with whats on offer, i can only imagine being served in a supermarket by a robot! of couse we can put our products through self scan, but that is not entertaining like some staff... so a robot please!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

The future of robots

post-11361-0-86672100-1303077388_thumb.j

Robots

Not to far into the future robots are likely to be doing many things for people, computers and technology is incredibly advanced its hard to keep up with whats on offer, i can only imagine being served in a supermarket by a robot! of couse we can put our products through self scan, but that is not entertaining like some staff... so a robot please!!

You can imagine that no longer...Most supermarkets have been employing robots with no emotions for many years now, they are called 'Checkout Assistants'....lol......Anyhoos a good read on future technologies, both in the near future and the realms of the distant future is 'Physics of the Impossible' by the renowned Theoretical Physicist Michio Kaku

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

What does anyone think about air motorways, thats us lot driving around in our own little craft in and organized manner up in the sky, i had to my suprise read somewhere about its a thought some people are taking up for real, that we could use airspace in a way that we do using cars for example, now that would not be anything to risky would it..:lazy:

Posted

What does anyone think about air motorways, thats us lot driving around in our own little craft in and organized manner up in the sky, i had to my suprise read somewhere about its a thought some people are taking up for real, that we could use airspace in a way that we do using cars for example, now that would not be anything to risky would it..:lazy:

Until someone cut's you up in their new Audi or Beemer :-)

Posted

Airway roads are probably a fair way off, maybe 100 years or so, however I imagine automatic driving where no driver control is needed, may be into the realm of possibility in 2050. Futurologists generally suggest that automated roads, using chips, and chips in cars that can sense the road, well be in place in 50 years. This technology would be extremely safe, and cheap (with the advancement of Moores Law) so governments would be idiotic not to accept it.

Of course if the nano technological revolution takes off then energy, and electrical goods are going to become extremely cheap.

The most exciting is the adoption of quantum computers, if these can be perfected then no job will be too big for a computer.. the power in a computer chip will be essentially infinite.

As for risks, with the advancement of computer technologies, and the future incorporation of AI, then crashes, even in air motorways, would be virtually none existent.

My prediction is not for Audi to make the first automated car, but I reckon it'll be google ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

i waiting for someone to invent the machine that you can download your memories to...then i can find my bloody car keys! :diablo:

Posted

As for risks, with the advancement of computer technologies, and the future incorporation of AI, then crashes, even in air motorways, would be virtually none existent.

i did not even think of that! great point and of course traffic on air motorways would be controlled by computers! what was i thinking about when i thought we would all be driving crafts about in and out to air pubs! :rofl: Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

i did not even think of that! great point and of course traffic on air motorways would be controlled by computers! what was i thinking about when i thought we would all be driving crafts about in and out to air pubs! :rofl:

Pubs will not exist by then, a combination of punitive taxes and enforcable limits (using RFID style sensors implanted in every person) will mean that a trip out anywhere will be monitored by "Big Brother" to make sure you don't exceed your "Air Mile Allowance"

Posted

post-11361-0-96432700-1303262045_thumb.j

One day robots would have a personality and feelings

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

I cant argue with that, in fact as robots become more biologically intelligent, humans will have more artificial intelligence in us, so where do you draw the line of what is what?

We really have to entertain the notion we may not be human in the future (as we know it, at least)

Posted

its a good point, and i think that the new space age would require robots, which could be sent into space to land on planets and explore. of course we has robotic equipment, but we need one to do what we would if we where there, but without the risk, and if its habital then we humans would take the journey ourselfs.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

An interesting new series on tomorrow night on the discovery channel at 9pm 520 if you have SKY that is.

An 8 part,looks different.

Through the wormhole with Morgan freeman

Posted

An interesting new series on tomorrow night on the discovery channel at 9pm 520 if you have SKY that is.

An 8 part,looks different.

Through the wormhole with Morgan freeman

Is it a documentary, if so itll be fairly interesting!

Posted

Is it a documentary, if so itll be fairly interesting!

Yes it is and it`s on tonight at 9pm not last night,thinking holiday friday was saturday. :oops:

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

take one robot.....

post-11361-0-30429300-1305861673_thumb.j

add a few images...splash it together...and we have the future .. 2020

post-11361-0-81619500-1305862017_thumb.j

photo editing by me!8)