Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Paul

Posted

Things looking pretty active over the next few days, so please use this thread for general chat and discussion surrounding the upcoming storm / convective risk.

The thread for more detailed discussion, forecasts and analysis can be found here:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

ITS GOONNNA RAIN, sorry had to say it love Family guy :L

12z rolling out in about 30 minutes hopefully it will look interesting and hope the storm potential will still be there :)

Posted

I'm liking the look of Saturday late afternoon and into the night for us here in the South East!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

I'll be in Southeast England on Saturday...hows it looking?

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

I'll be in sussex on saturday night doing a paranormal investigation :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Just been out for a nice walk and it's feeling very humid with spots of rain every now and then. Can't wait to follow the storms in the next few days.:)

Posted

Is there a chance of seeing something up here in Central Scotland? : )

Not today or tomorrow probably but does look good for saturday and beyond I think

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Alot of high cloud around here today,after a bright start, looks to be clearer over France allowing more heating to get convection going, more sunshine needed for the U.K. tmmrw .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Wow Smokers and Non Smokers :whistling:

I guess i need a fag.........

anyway the `Will it thunder` Looks good for me but more important, it looks and feels like the real thing out of my window :drinks:

Edited by windypants

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Very humid here, the air feels very heavy, but the sky overcast yet very bright. Strange.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Very humid here, the air feels very heavy, but the sky overcast yet very bright. Strange.

its the higher humidity and warmth making its way over from france

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Well hoping for something decent over the weekend, maybe a chance to get the camera out :)

Feeling very muggy out there allready and the skys looking dark.

Edited by john2006

Posted

Really interested in what may happen late tomorrow afternoon into the evening.

Some of my best storms have come after warm/hot/humid and sunny days with cloud increasing from the S/SW from

around mid afternoon onwards with storms developing to the S/SW and affecting Wiltshire from around 17.00 to 22.00!

There will be a lot of heating taking place tomorrow with widespread sunshine until that mid afternoon time, whether

the cloud increase from the S/SW will develop into a thundery outcome is yet to be seen!

I'd expect tomorrow morning to have scattered AltCas quite widely across the country along with plenty of clear sky.

Hopefully any storms which do move up from the S/SW will be mid-high based and therefore more likely to 1. survive their

trip across the English Channel and 2. be quite likely to develop once said cloud moves onto the South coast around Dorset

and Hampshire etc.

(I am however also awaiting the usual posts on here moaning about no convection when the time is only mid pm and the

best time for storms to develop is yet to arrive!)

Posted

Keeping my fingers crossed for something here this weekend, the 12z has more potential than the 06z for tommorow night and Saturday Night but at the same time tommorows front is further east so it may well stay rather cloudy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I'm liking the look of Saturday late afternoon and into the night for us here in the South East!

Where you looking Coast? GFS has some very heavy precip breaking out during this period, but very little in the way of CAPE/LI to indicate thunderstorms...the best I can make out is thundery rain, which the majority of the time tends to be sporadic flashes and a very messy sky :cray:

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Wish the weather would make up it's mind around here.It has tried to rain-BIG rain drops for all of a minute with warm humid ffeel, and then bright warm sunshine then back to grey angry skies. I love i t.

Certainly does judging by that informative video! It reminds me of when proper storm outbreaks (ie overnight multicells) were more common, back in the day! I think if the outlook still looks good for nighttime lightning storms I might chase. Only problem is I'm in Scarborough studying at the moment so it's quite a commitment!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Tomorrow evening looks interesting. Looks like showers hopefully Thundery will move into the SW Quarter in the UK. Hopefully these will push into Wales and the Midlands. :)

Not guaranteed for sure but like the way those Lightning symbols move from the South to Central areas tomorrow. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

I'm not too hopeful for my area now. My storm risk has been downgraded again. I guess it's going to be a wait and see game ! apart from following GFS there are many other charts that I may check later. There's always a chance of an upgrade by tomorrow though.:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Some big drops falling over Shotton near Peterlee; feels muggy now.