Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Paul

Posted

andy can you see any lightning towards cardiff?

cheers

nope just had rain today up here - had someone report lightning and thunder over Rhoose way near the airport earlier mind you

Posted

Distant lightning to my west and a few heavy drops of rain some 10 minutes ago.

Now watching to the south and see if this still electrified with its PPN can hold its own.

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

OK folks, be gentle with me!

I know I haven't been on this forum since the snow of last winter - very sorry about that.:blush:

I also imagine that this question has already been answered earlier in the thread, but can anyone make a prediction as to when and if I am likely to get storms overnight tonight, please? My location should be visible; if not, then I'm in South Norfolk.

Thanks!

Anybody? Please! :whistling::lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yep, and plenty more of it as well me thinks, haven't checked the models since this morning (haven't been home from work long) but I believe there's plenty more expected tonight, a possible MCS, and potential tomorrow and overnight

Yep, basically anytime even overnight tonight has a chance of more. Tomorrow holds more showers and potential Thunderstorms (Surfaced based) and it seems more elevated, bigger thunderstorms tomorrow evening over pretty much the same areas yet again. :D

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

absolutely torrential rain now.occasional flashes of lightning -but two very nervous dogs.

Posted

Strikes to the south from the stuff over the w.mids at the minute. Being the head of the cell I can't tell if its IC or CG. Hoping for the latter though to test out the new camera kit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

What frequency number are you listening to? :)

1548 MW , its a local radio station , but i think any frequency on MW would do , and im constanlty getting pops and crackles (sferics) every so often. :D

Edited by Calum

Posted

looks like you may dip out this time chrissy

Cheers. If I do, I can't say I mind - storms at night aren't something I particularly relish!:wacko::oops:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Big rumble of thunder just now. Bucketing down with rain.

Nothing her yet, abot 15 miles North of you, thought I just heard a rumble but not 100% sure, went outside to check but still very quiet and dry

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Anybody? Please! :whistling::lol:

im affraid south norfolk and most of EA are not forcast any storms. it's all towards to midlands later tonight and north of EA tommorrow. Still just keep looking at the radar anythings possible in a plume setup

Posted

im affraid south norfolk and most of EA are not forcast any storms. it's all towards to midlands later tonight and north of EA tommorrow. Still just keep looking at the radar anythings possible in a plume setup

Ta.