Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Me to Jane, fingers crossed for our neck of the woods. Im getting excited already lol! :yahoo:

Yay, fingers crossed Phelpsy .:D let's hope we get em lol. I think we could be in luck.:drunk:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Back to the models and potential ...enough of this negativity :D

oi, being negative IS the way forward ;)

Posted

Thank you Nick :good: good luck every one. Plenty of storm activity to keep an eye on. I shall be glued to my NW radar as soon as it all kicks off, that'll be 4 days of radar watching. Don't forget to charge your batteries for your cameras all.:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

its very nice of the weather to arrange some thundery potential for the weekend, should give people a chance to use theyre cameras.

Posted

Hi guys don't forget that the storm chase is ongoing in the USA, so if you're waiting for storms here - you can follow how the team are getting on in the meantime.

They're out and about today, hoping to chase some fairly smallish (but still impressive when compared to the uk) storms, it's the weekend that's really worth noting in your diary though as it looks likely to be the beginning of a 4 or 5 day major outbreak...

Live stream here:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=chaselive;sess=

Posted

Hi guys don't forget that the storm chase is ongoing in the USA, so if you're waiting for storms here - you can follow how the team are getting on in the meantime.

They're out and about today, hoping to chase some fairly smallish (but still impressive when compared to the uk) storms, it's the weekend that's really worth noting in your diary though as it looks likely to be the beginning of a 4 or 5 day major outbreak...

Live stream here:

http://www.netweathe...chaselive;sess=

Pha who cares about them out in the States, watching them getting fatter of fast food, driving miles each day to be tucked up in bed when they get in position to see anything exciting.

The action is here, the slight tingle of the adrenaline rushing around ones body wondering if it will or will not come off. Hours spent avoiding work to look at charts and watch the forum. The planning for the chase.

The action is here! lol

Posted

Pha who cares about them out in the States, watching them getting fatter of fast food, driving miles each day to be tucked up in bed when they get in position to see anything exciting.

The action is here, the slight tingle of the adrenaline rushing around ones body wondering if it will or will not come off. Hours spent avoiding work to look at charts and watch the forum. The planning for the chase.

The action is here! lol

Yes the action is here in this chat thread, but there isnt any storms outside lol ...yet

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

The action is here! lol

Paul seems to think nobody has noticed that section and all the adverts for " STORM CHASE 2011 NOW UNDERWAY " :rofl:

But still i'll watch all the videos at the end of the us storm season while we have our own storms due this weekend :D

Posted

Estofex is out already.:D:drunk:

I'm not sure how to upload the map though lol :lol:

... W-France ...

Models still diverge regarding the final BL moisture content. ECMWF and GFS all indicate an ongoing moisture advection regime during the forecast with dewpoints increasing to 10°C and more. GFS remains very bullish, developing sfc. dewpoints in the upper tens all the way to the W-English Channel with ECMWF showing a modest solution. Nevertheless, all models indicate modest MLCAPE of at least 500 J/kg, probably maximized over NW-France during the afternoon. Shear remains weaker compared to Spain, but roughly 15 m/s DLS and somewhat enhanced SRH-3 indicate a large hail risk with stronger thunderstorms, next to isolated severe wind gusts. Also, LCLs around 1000 m and somewhat enhanced LL shear may also cause an isolated tornado event. As thunderstorms spread to the N/NE during the night, decoupling from the BL results in a mainly elevated thunderstorm risk over SW-UK. Despite an isolated marginal hail risk, no severe is forecast.

http://www.estofex.org/

Posted

I'm starting to get paranoid now. What if I don't see any storms tomorrow? What if I don't see any at all during this spell? ;)

Honestly though, I'm unsure. I think I have a chance tomorrow, although my main chance is probably Saturday. Anyone care to elaborate on any of this for me? :)

Bring on the storms!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

I'm working this weekend so i'll post if I encounter anything whilst on my travels. I've dug out my Strikealert but I need a new battery cover for it.

Anyone know where I can get one from?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

What allways amazes me about these things is that storms are so hard to predict right untill the last miniute. Ive been surprised so many times, and the best storms allways seem to be unexpected

Posted

I'm working this weekend so i'll post if I encounter anything whilst on my travels. I've dug out my Strikealert but I need a new battery cover for it.

Anyone know where I can get one from?

That's exactly what happens to my strike alert I have black tape on mine lol it sometimes turns itself on by itself on a non storm day and only works half the time when there is a storm.:lol:

I'd also be interested to know if there is a battery cover for mine too. I rely on my radio as well to pick up sferics.:)

Posted
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Here you go Jane

northing for ireland. wtf! estofex are strange sometimes.

Posted

Here you go Jane

Thank you Adi,:)

I've still to learn how to post images up yet.I used to save an image to my desktop and upload but it's all different now Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

How conflicting is this statement from that Daily Mail article:

The Met Office’s Barry Gromett warned against hoping for showers: ‘Into next week, the weather dries out again, with high pressure moving further east to Russia and allowing Atlantic weather to affect the UK.’

:lol:

Posted

do i charge everyting up again... hummmmmm

but in outher news i have just made my first android weather app :)

takes the best of the free data online and puts it in your hand..

needs debugging thou :(

i so really NEED good storm and i hope this setup will work in the favour of wilthire.

its 14.8 deg in the center of westbury at the moment and its sticky at 62% humidity.

2005 . now that is what i call a strom :) in my tent in the vip area of the dance village with cg landing 20 meters away from my tent :)

sorry for my ramblings

:)

lets have a good one eh just one !!!

Posted

How conflicting is this statement from that Daily Mail article:

The Met Office’s Barry Gromett warned against hoping for showers: ‘Into next week, the weather dries out again, with high pressure moving further east to Russia and allowing Atlantic weather to affect the UK.’

:lol:

lol maybe the atlantic is only producing high pressure, its down to global warming no doubt ..

That's exactly what happens to my strike alert I have black tape on mine lol it sometimes turns itself on by itself on a non storm day and only works half the time when there is a storm.:lol:

I'd also be interested to know if there is a battery cover for mine too. I rely on my radio as well to pick up sferics.:)

I have two pennys stuck on the back of mine,and plenty of selotape, really you cant beat the pocket radio though, i hope that DAB radios dont kill off the A.M./ M.W. Radios,

better buy a batch quick.

Posted

I take it you guys have the first generation of Strike Alerts with the battery cover at the bottom of the machine. I used to get through at least one each season. Often i would order one and the cover would be broke when it arrived.

This year I ordered the new version, this so far seems a lot better design and as yet have had no problems with it despite dropping it and kicking it across a main road!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Thanks british press you did it again, first you ruin winter now you ruin summer with your extreme articles, leave forcasting to the experts o.k, lol!:lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

To get you in the mood, this track was massive in 1992 around the same time as the major plumes that year.

bring it on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

I take it you guys have the first generation of Strike Alerts with the battery cover at the bottom of the machine. I used to get through at least one each season. Often i would order one and the cover would be broke when it arrived.

This year I ordered the new version, this so far seems a lot better design and as yet have had no problems with it despite dropping it and kicking it across a main road!

Mine has sellotape holding it together!