Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Somebody needs to round things up as people seem to be getting down about tonight, has anyone got a summary of what people can expect over tonight?

Just so people will stop complaining.

If you don;t get storms its not the end of the world!

Posted

We may see a few rumbles. We'll just have to wait and see. :)

I hope so!! :rolleyes: Looks like quite a bit of rain heading our way and it's still quite balmy out there.

Posted
Then why forecast it in the first place if there is such a small window for it ?

So there is no legal comeback on them if it does and in todays claims direct litigious society I can't blame them tbh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Because a lot of us Havant had rain in about a month..apart from showers?

Yep this is true, My garden is certianly enjoying a good soaking thats for sure

Posted

I have to say that despite what you may be seeing on the radar for us down here, very little of it seems to be reaching the ground as we are under what appears as a fairly heavy echo and yet there is nothing.

Still time to go, but im loosing confidence at the moment :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Somebody needs to round things up as people seem to be getting down about tonight, has anyone got a summary of what people can expect over tonight?

well i think it is the end of the world!!!

Posted

Really heavy rain still coming down we have had over an inch in the last 24 hours and thunder last night good show :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Erm ... why is everyone getting excited over lots of rain?lol

Because were the NW convective chat club :D

excited?......damn right Beka, I've not had any in ages, and when you don't get any in ages, and suddenly it turns up on the doorstep, you could be excused for getting the horn for it :lol:

Ok, enough double-entendre, I'll fetch my coat...lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

rain radar

this lots moving north..embedded thunder and lightning should break out in the south, possible for thunderstorms here to develop. its a hard one this to know whats going to happen, its just got to make the right contact in the right places in the atmosphere for us in the south, sometimes things just spark off, but im no expert and sitting back watching like most of us on here!! but i do say its not unlikely for storms to break out down south.

and up north wow! what potent cells you got, capture the lightning if you can please..:drinks:

Posted

Major powerful thunderstorm directly overhead. Fork lightning and intense heavy rain - not sure how much longer it will last - but it is significant and early for the season.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Now raining heavily in Shotton

Posted

alright sorry 0.o shizzzz

I wasn't having a go :)

That is why though, it's the same with all this health and safety crap in the workplace these days telling you to remove jewelry because of germs etc ad nauseam. It isn't because they care about anyones welfare it is because they are scared scatless of getting sued and or the resulting bad press.

Edit:

is there anyone reporting thunder and lightning in lancashire or cumbria?

I had a storm about an hour ago (Lancs) but it only lasted about 30 minutes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Oh my,

I have loads of rain on the way :o I wouldn't be suprised if there are reports of flooding tomorrow. Still no Thunder or lightning yet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Lightning can be seen to my south and i can hear rumbles of thunder, it looks like its making its was directly towards me and the wind has also picked up.

Temp 18.5c

Hummidity 72%

DP 15.7c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Because there's always a chance you know, of something about to happen and the french have let us have an import already so here's hoping. :whistling:

And I'm always the optimist(!) you know me Beka. :drinks: A long night of occasional alcohol and radar watching is on the cards until the wee small hours for some I feel.

22.6mm and counting for today in good ole Newbury,

Thundery Regards

gottolovethisweather

Posted

we are expecting an upper trough to move in across the south tonight, which should change the game a little - the precip running up through the ountry at the moment doesnt have all the ingredients in place, but imo its about now that we need to watch the band of intensity move north across the south - to take a stab I'd say the bristol area and west in a couple of hours time, and then more central and eastern southern parts early morning. Torro wouldn't have put out that forecst without having a good view synopticaly of whats going to be added ingredient wise, while most of us just have the radar to go by - that said anything could happen!

:) Sam

edit: serious downpour here!!!

Posted

DER ????

Posted

Rain just arrived here but still no electrical activity. The radar is still looking quite promising,though, so I'm not giving up just yet :D

I'll have a go :)

The weather is unpredictable, and with such unstable conditions, forcing etc/energy. storms can break out almost anywhere, take the leeds and NW cells for example, and the cells now pushing into NW parts of Scotland.

We have until tomorrow night, even then places may see some storms, I think over the next 24 hours we will all see something, but no need to be downbeat, it's tiring but very enjoyable this type of weather, the whole discussion, radar watching, lightning detector tracking etc.

What we have to remember is that we are only in May, summer has only just started. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Just continuous steady rain here, no sign of anything thundery sadly.

Posted

I wasn't asking about storms, I was asking about the chance of rain. I watered my garden anyway, probably a good thing.