Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather Spark

Posted

I came across this website at the weekend called Weather Spark and thought this would be a good place to share it. Not sure how well known it is!

You can find it at www.weatherspark.com

I quote from their website, "WeatherSpark is a new type of weather website, with interactive weather graphs that allow you to pan and zoom through the entire history of any weather station on earth."

A really nice way of visualising historical weather data.

Enjoy!!

Posted

Interesting interface, but I notice they have Eastbourne down for a peak of 15 DgC at 2pm today and its already 16.7 DgC and rising!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

http://weatherspark.com/#!graphs;q=Milton+Keynes,+England,+United+Kingdom

Nice graphs.. but I'm not sure about the temperatures either, I was thinking it would be more like 22/23 °C here this afternoon, a max of 19°C at 15:00 is too low for here as well.....

......given that it's only 10:15 and I'm already at 19.4 °C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

This site has been mentioned earlier in another thread. It's essentially an archive of METAR data presented in graphical form, and the archive goes back further than the Weather Underground archive. A nice idea, but I've noticed that there are sometimes anomalies between the weather outputs given for Newcastle Airport (EGNT) and its raw METAR data, and there are similar problems for other stations, so they may need to refine their site's METAR-decoding algorithms.

Actually it's pretty hard to find an example of a site with a foolproof METAR decoder- for instance Weather Underground gives "NSC" (no significant clouds) and occasionally even "SHSN" (snow showers) as "unknown" in the conditions column.