Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Chase 2012 - Dates And Early Booking Offer

Paul

Posted

Storm Chase 2012 - We're Off Again!

As promised - here are the details for the 2012 tours - as this year the majority of the spaces will go quickly & there is a discount on offer for early bookings so please move fast to take advantage of that and guarantee your place.

Tour Dates:

Tour 1 - 28/04 to 09/05

Tour 2 - 09/05 to 20/05

Tour 3 - 20/05 to 31/05

Tour 4 - 31/05 to 11/06

Tour pricing:

The price for each place on the 2012 tours will be £1800, but with a £200 discount for bookings during May and June. A payment plan is also available during this period.

Early booking offer - for bookings during May & June 2011

Total Price: £1600

Payable either with a £150 deposit + balance due during March 2012

Or

£115 deposit + 11 monthly payments of £135

(Returning customers receive a further £100 discount)

Please feel free to contact me - paul[at]netweather.tv if you have any queries or would like to book a place. The main website will be updated with online booking available from tomorrow.

Posted

Just paid my deposit for tour 4 today. Can't wait! Will be my first time storm chasing!

Lewis

Posted

Welcome aboard Lewis - you'll have a cracking time!

Thanks Paul, hate flying but just decided that I gotta get on with it and do something I have wanted to do for a long time.

Any good advice for travel insurance companies? Ian at Netweather said to book my flight around Christmas sale period.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

you will really enjoy it mate.

Im just working out finances and all being well sticking my name down for one of the tours in the next few days! :clap:

LOL, I said you'd be hooked !!

Posted

Hi guys,

Couple of questions....

Camera? Want to buy myself a half decent one but don't want to spend big time! Any recomendations?

Travel insurance? Was thinking of taking out a years travel insurance. What companies do the tour usually recommend?

Thanks

Lewis

Posted

you will really enjoy it mate.

Im just working out finances and all being well sticking my name down for one of the tours in the next few days! :clap:

You'll soon be famous up on Lewis as the man who chases storms.

Hi guys,

Couple of questions....

Camera? Want to buy myself a half decent one but don't want to spend big time! Any recomendations?

Travel insurance? Was thinking of taking out a years travel insurance. What companies do the tour usually recommend?

Thanks

Lewis

What sort of money are you talking about?

Posted

You'll soon be famous up on Lewis as the man who chases storms.

What sort of money are you talking about?

Around 300-400 quid.

Posted

Around 300-400 quid.

OK so for that sort of money you would be currently looking at things like

http://www.warehouseexpress.com/digital-slr-cameras/b3065?price_en_gb=300.0%26lt%3bprice_en_gb%26lt%3b400.0

Only reason I've posted that link is because I've used these guys lots of time and they are always good, but it presents what's around at that new price, remember prices vary according to vendor and supplier.

If your flying out of Heathrow then possibly consider buying at duty free but check first on what's around at that time.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

OK so for that sort of money you would be currently looking at things like

http://www.warehouse...gb%26lt%3b400.0

Only reason I've posted that link is because I've used these guys lots of time and they are always good, but it presents what's around at that new price, remember prices vary according to vendor and supplier.

If your flying out of Heathrow then possibly consider buying at duty free but check first on what's around at that time.

Thanks for the info. Will check that out. Want to get a camera in the next couple of months so I can get used to using it properly.

Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

Hi guys,

Couple of questions....

Thanks

Lewis

Only Go Walkabout seem to insure for stormchasing, but you will have to call up to get it endorsed for this. Expect to pay £90 + minimum for a single trip , £150 for an annual policy. May be more now in light of the severe season this year

Posted

Only Go Walkabout seem to insure for stormchasing, but you will have to call up to get it endorsed for this. Expect to pay £90 + minimum for a single trip , £150 for an annual policy. May be more now in light of the severe season this year

Thanks, will give them a call at some point.

Lewis

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Thanks for the info. Will check that out. Want to get a camera in the next couple of months so I can get used to using it properly.

Lewis

on a budget i would go for the Canon 1100D (it also does 720p video) but if you can afford it go up to 550D or 600D (1080p HD video saves buying a camcorder) + don't forget a lens if you can stretch to it the Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM is a stormchasers favorite used by lots on Stormtrack good wide angle for structure and lightning shots plus a bit of zoom in to get that tornado a bit closer

its a good lens at half the price of a similar Canon Lens

plus spare batteries 2 minimum (i use ebay ones they work ok the ones i have anyway) plus a uv filter and perhaps a polarising filter for lenses don't forget a tripod (buy one out there) and plenty of memory cards the bigger the better especially if your going to do any videos plus a padded camera bag buy a good one as lots of travelling involved i once had a sony cam damaged in overhead bin on plane during a very turbulent flights including 2 aborted landings at 1000ft or less !

Edited by gpspete

Posted

on a budget i would go for the Canon 1100D (it also does 720p video) but if you can afford it go up to 550D or 600D (1080p HD video saves buying a camcorder) + don't forget a lens if you can stretch to it the Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM is a stormchasers favorite used by lots on Stormtrack good wide angle for structure and lightning shots plus a bit of zoom in to get that tornado a bit closer

its a good lens at half the price of a similar Canon Lens

plus spare batteries 2 minimum (i use ebay ones they work ok the ones i have anyway) plus a uv filter and perhaps a polarising filter for lenses don't forget a tripod (buy one out there) and plenty of memory cards the bigger the better especially if your going to do any videos plus a padded camera bag buy a good one as lots of travelling involved i once had a sony cam damaged in overhead bin on plane during a very turbulent flights including 2 aborted landings at 1000ft or less !

Still standing Lewis?? :o

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.

yep, me too cookie. see you out there!

thats me booked a place on tour 3 next year :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

It's always great to see spaces filling so quickly after the season ends, thanks all. I've not decided which tours to drive on yet, but having seen Tour 3 get 4 tornadoes within 48 hours of me leaving, I'm thinking of buying a house in Kansas and just waving as you guys drive up and down the freeway

Posted

I'm thinking of buying a house in Kansas

Well that should cut the budget for tornado research....... :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

Well that should cut the budget for tornado research....... :D

With my track record in the plains, Kansas will probably build me a mansion as a thank you for keeping tornadoes off their doorstep....rolleyes.gif