Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Chase 2012 - Dates And Early Booking Offer

Paul

Posted

With my track record in the plains, Kansas will probably build me a mansion as a thank you for keeping tornadoes off their doorstep....rolleyes.gif

If I come and stay it's dead ringer the season will miss the mansion. :cray:

When do we start?

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

What with a busy 2-3 days ahead in the UK Storm Season just wanted to remind anyone who is thinking about coming chasing in the plains next year that the 30th June offer ends in 4 days time, this can make a serious saving especially if you are a returning customer with the extra % discount as well.

Paul S

Posted

What with a busy 2-3 days ahead in the UK Storm Season just wanted to remind anyone who is thinking about coming chasing in the plains next year that the 30th June offer ends in 4 days time, this can make a serious saving especially if you are a returning customer with the extra % discount as well.

Paul S

Will you stop it, everytime I mention it, Max goes "Oh can we, can we?"

Enough of this shilly shally talk Mr S. of discounts, it's driving me mad.... :crazy:

Posted

Will you stop it, everytime I mention it, Max goes "Oh can we, can we?"

Enough of this shilly shally talk Mr S. of discounts, it's driving me mad.... :crazy:

Mwahaha

Thought you were thinking about the Arizona Thing for next year :pardon:

God there is only 7 weeks until that starts as well :drinks:

Posted

Mwahaha

Thought you were thinking about the Arizona Thing for next year :pardon:

God there is only 7 weeks until that starts as well :drinks:

Yes we are, but given this year was a tad didn't really deliver, we want to go back until we can at least bag another touchdown.

Can't do it all so I'm going to ignore your tempting snippets and talk of discount.

Also watching Lightning Dimmer's moves, coz that boy attracts tornado's like Franklin found lightning :good:

I appreciate by the time we go back, I'll need a bank loan to afford it, but.....

Posted

Would this be a good or bad time to let you know Mr Timmer is finished with Storm Chasing until at least 2014/2015 ??

:wallbash::nonono:

I used him as a good yardstick to find out what tours would be good or great but the boy is finished for a few years. :cray:

Posted
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Dorsetbred, June 27, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by Dorsetbred, June 27, 2011 - No reason given

Would this be a good or bad time to let you know Mr Timmer is finished with Storm Chasing until at least 2014/2015 ??

I used him as a good yardstick to find out what tours would be good or great but the boy is finished for a few years. :cray:

Yeah I know ol' Timmer has seen so much he needs time to recoup :o

That sorta works nicely for me.

IF next years Arizona ghost hunt is on, then that's 2012.

2013 IF the solar cycle works out it is a peak (although it looks suspect right now) so that's ALASKA bagged for the Northern lights, so back again in 2014.Just in time to catch Lightning Dimmer. I wait with baited breath 8)

Edited by Dorsetbred
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

Why has he finished with Storm Chasers? I assume Sean & Tim will still be out there?

Posted

Why has he finished with Storm Chasers? I assume Sean & Tim will still be out there?

This is our very own "Lightning Dimmer" or "Timmer" i.e. dogs32, or Pat as know to his bedside partners :D

Nowt to do with Reed Timmer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Oklahoma where the wind etc etc I hear the plains calling me.

how sad today even at thunder shower in Lancashire excited me.

post-2466-0-56631600-1309124935_thumb.jp

quality poor taken on pda but I dont care.

Posted

LOL..Paul...

I will be meeting up with You guys in 2013 providing the USA Immigration have me :lol:

Had a serious fantastic time..time of my life truly..

But as Arney said I'll be back once settled...

Anyone thinking of going,well you truly cant go wrong with Paul :hi: If its out there he will get

Quentin...my hunch...= T1 T2...If I had one choice.. I would favour T1 for next year

All the best see u all Stateside at some point :hi:

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

Aw don't say that Pat , I've booked T3 !! :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Which tour? 1,2,3 or 4? Have 1 day left to get the discount LOL! Can't decide which one!! :unknw::pardon:

Posted

Which tour? 1,2,3 or 4? Have 1 day left to get the discount LOL! Can't decide which one!! :unknw::pardon:

put each number on to a bit of paper fold them in half and stick them in a hat and pick out the winner simple :)

Posted

Paul S

I put this on for You Paul

I thought u would lke and bring back memories :drinks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls1NHvgqdog

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

I loved it so much this year I'm coming back again.

Just paid my deposit paid for Tour 4! :drinks::drunk::yahoo:

Posted

just to clarify, for tour 4 would it be best to get a BA093 flight out on the 30th may?

I would say that is best, 1 day to acclimatise to the heat and mosey on down to the Airport at your leisure with no Jetlag etc if we have to chase on changeover day etc

Paul S

I am so jelous.

Why did I have to go get a career which means I won't get to chase again for a couple of years!?! Stupid me. :wallbash:

Seriously, This was nearly a deal breaker for the teacher thing!

Don't you worry though. I'll be back. Might even drag the man along!

So what I'm saying is - If you're reading this wondering whether to go - JUST DO IT! You will have the time of your life - storms or not!

LOL

Jo

-x-

Edited by Joanna Fulcher

Posted

I am so jelous.

Why did I have to go get a career which means I won't get to chase again for a couple of years!?! Stupid me. :wallbash:

Seriously, This was nearly a deal breaker for the teacher thing!

Don't you worry though. I'll be back. Might even drag the man along!

So what I'm saying is - If you're reading this wondering whether to go - JUST DO IT! You will have the time of your life - storms or not!

LOL

Jo

-x-

I'm a teacher too! The head has given me 2/3 days off either side of 1 week holiday so I can go!

I would say that is best, 1 day to acclimatise to the heat and mosey on down to the Airport at your leisure with no Jetlag etc if we have to chase on changeover day etc

Paul S

Thank you Paul. Any idea of prices for flights. Nice gent on the phone at Netweather said get them in the sale after Christmas as that is when they are most cheapest?

Posted

For those not already "geared-up" noise on the street has it that Currys in quite a few places are closing in the high streets, and a Panasonic £315 camera is now going for £199 here in Bmth.

Get in whilst there's a bargain to be had.

I'm a teacher too! The head has given me 2/3 days off either side of 1 week holiday so I can go!

Thank you Paul. Any idea of prices for flights. Nice gent on the phone at Netweather said get them in the sale after Christmas as that is when they are most cheapest?

This is the best post I have ever read! If I get a lovelly, kind head teacher to work for one I'm qualified I can still come!

Oh, and when I have gone Storm Chasing in the past I have booked around christmas time. Mondays and Tuesdays in the early hours are when you will get the best places. I paid about £430 both times but I get direct flights as I can't be doing with all of the faffing swapping airlines etc.

You can get flights cheaper if you are willing to get connections though.

There is a guide for first time Storm Chasers on my facebook and website which I have been putting together. It covers flights and insurance and things like that. Will be adding tech nearer the time as new cameras come out all of the time it would get out of date very quickly.<BR><BR>That said you'll need a good camera - still or video (or hybrid or one of each) spare batteries, lots of memory and preferable a laptop and drive to store your many hours of footage on.

Hope that helps.

Jo

-x-

Edited by Joanna Fulcher

Posted

This is the best post I have ever read! If I get a lovelly, kind head teacher to work for one I'm qualified I can still come!

Oh, and when I have gone Storm Chasing in the past I have booked around christmas time. Mondays and Tuesdays in the early hours are when you will get the best places. I paid about £430 both times but I get direct flights as I can't be doing with all of the faffing swapping airlines etc.

You can get flights cheaper if you are willing to get connections though.

There is a guide for first time Storm Chasers on my facebook and website which I have been putting together. It covers flights and insurance and things like that. Will be adding tech nearer the time as new cameras come out all of the time it would get out of date very quickly.<BR><BR>That said you'll need a good camera - still or video (or hybrid or one of each) spare batteries, lots of memory and preferable a laptop and drive to store your many hours of footage on.

Hope that helps.

Jo

-x-

Hi Jo,

thankfully my head is very supportive and was actually very interersted in the holiday. He said he would allow it as long as I bring back pictures and have arranged with Geography department to team teach a couple of lessons when they do their unit on severe weather.

Got my camera - brought a Nixon D3100 with all the extras (8g SD card, laptop, insurance etc) and have a decent laptop already so just need the flight and insurance. I do have a quote from Go Walkabout travel insurance so may go with them.

Did it cost £430 for a return flight or was that one way?

Thats the return - direct flights London Heathrow to Dallas Fort Worth.

Go Walkabout are the only insurers I've found that do Storm Chasing Insurance. Should be £80 - £100 for the holiday.

Don't forget to insure your flight dates with the date change on the return. I'd agree with Paul on the getting there a day early thing. It was so much better when I did that this year. Felt awake on the first chase day. :rolleyes:

J x

Edited by Joanna Fulcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Sadly I will be unable to attend 2012 either :cray: Just can't justify the expense at the moment even though I was fully intending on going!

But I will defo be there in 2013...got a few 'non storm freak' mates who want to go too and the earliest they can do is 2013 - so there'll be a mass booking in less than a year's time :D