Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Chase 2012 - Dates And Early Booking Offer

Paul

Posted

When booking flight for 30th May on the BA 0193 for tour 4. For the return do I need to book a flight for the 11th or would we be chasing that day?

Thanks for your help guys!

Edited by lewisosd

Posted

Hi Lewis, think the chase days will be 1st to the 10th with the 11th being "changeover day" aka "damn it, we have to go home day" so def book the flights for the 11th

Posted

Hi Lewis, think the chase days will be 1st to the 10th with the 11th being "changeover day" aka "damn it, we have to go home day" so def book the flights for the 11th

Thanks Craig.

Posted

Ah too many questions too ask lol!!

When I arrive on 30th May 2012 obviously I will need to book a hotel room for the night. Any suggestions? Just had a quick look round on the net and I see there is a free shuttle bus service to most hotels near the fort worth airport. Looking for something cheap and found the Fairfield Inn which is about 2 miles from the airport and $69 for the night. Do fellow chasers have a preference to which hotel they stay in for the night. Just thinking about :drinks::drunk:

I have a weird irrational fear of flying and am going to see my GP nearer the trip to see if I can get anything. Have put up with the anxiety, restlessness, nervousness and clammy palms until now but as this is a longer flight I think i'm gonna need something. Any others have problems with flying and what have they done about it?

Cheers

Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

Ah too many questions too ask lol!!

When I arrive on 30th May 2012 obviously I will need to book a hotel room for the night. Any suggestions? Just had a quick look round on the net and I see there is a free shuttle bus service to most hotels near the fort worth airport. Looking for something cheap and found the Fairfield Inn which is about 2 miles from the airport and $69 for the night. Do fellow chasers have a preference to which hotel they stay in for the night. Just thinking about :drinks::drunk:

I have a weird irrational fear of flying and am going to see my GP nearer the trip to see if I can get anything. Have put up with the anxiety, restlessness, nervousness and clammy palms until now but as this is a longer flight I think i'm gonna need something. Any others have problems with flying and what have they done about it?

Cheers

Lewis

Hi Lewis , so you are on T4 ? Everyone tends to book the Best Western in West Irving as it's where the change over happens . It's about USD 60.00 for a room , but they are big enough to share with someone else so you can easily halve the costs.. If you look on the earlier feeds the address is probably there

Regarding flight nerves, I've developed my own ritual but it depends what part of the flight you are nervous about, although you'll probably be shattered on the way back which always helps.

Posted

yep the norm is the best western in Irving, 4110 w airport freeway , this year just hit the walmart next door for a few beers n chilled out in the room.

As far as the flying is concerned, personally not a huge fan, I find not a lot of sleep the night before the flight helps, and I manage to sleep the majority of the journey

Posted

ah sweet, cheers guys. Just had a look on there and it says no rooms available for the dates of your stay :( unless it's just too early to book for that period.

I was being thick and not actually looking on the official website :doh: , there are rooms lol!

Edited by lewisosd

Posted

ah sweet, cheers guys. Just had a look on there and it says no rooms available for the dates of your stay :( unless it's just too early to book for that period.

Probably too early. Its never been that busy any time I've stayed there.

Posted

Probably too early. Its never been that busy any time I've stayed there.

Except when they get invaded by Netweather !!

Posted

Except when they get invaded by Netweather !!

There are rooms available, just me not looking at the right website lol!

Will worry about the hotel after Christmas me thinks as I still need to get insurance and flights around Christmas time

Posted

Hi Lewis , so you are on T4 ? Everyone tends to book the Best Western in West Irving as it's where the change over happens . It's about USD 60.00 for a room , but they are big enough to share with someone else so you can easily halve the costs.. If you look on the earlier feeds the address is probably there

Regarding flight nerves, I've developed my own ritual but it depends what part of the flight you are nervous about, although you'll probably be shattered on the way back which always helps.

Book the Best Western Irving just phone the hotel from airport they pick you up for free got there own shuttle minibus,

BEWARE when booking hotel as some booking sites price in $ and some others in £ ie. $60 or £60 the same amount of £ as $ which is a big price difference hold the booking on your credit card i use a caxton $ card

me i hope to return in 2013 after 2 tours

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

As we are nearing the end of July thought an update should be in order seeing as it is only 9 months until kick off :shok::rofl:

Tour 1 : Good Availability ( 28th - 9th May )

Tour 2 : Good Availability ( 9th - 20th May )

Tour 3 : 4 Spaces left with the Max of 3 Chase Cars (20th - 31st May)

Tour 4 : 2 Spaces left with the Max of 3 Chase Cars (31st - 11th June)

We would also like your thoughts on the possibility of running a Tour 5 which would be starting and ending out of Denver (Colorado) from 3 days after the end of Tour 4 as quite a few people have expressed an interest due to having Exams etc during May and Mid to late June being more favourable!

Regards

Paul S

Posted

We would also like your thoughts on the possibility of running a Tour 5

Regards

Paul S

Your wife divorcing you?

5 tours AND Arizona :whistling:

Posted

Me raises hand for June chasing 8)

maybe me too if, I can swap a tour and I do ALOT of sweet talking at home :unsure:

Posted

Swap Tour 3 ?? :help::whistling:

Also there will be a 3 day gap between the end of tour 4 and start of tour 5 which will allow us to re-locate to Denver from Dallas Fort Worth

If Tour 3 goes nuts next year no blaming me Mrs! :pardon:

Tour 5 is only speculation at present depending on what sort of interest we get.

Posted

Gah I'm gonna move out there for 2 months, I cant be doing missing out on any of the action!

Posted

Swap Tour 3 ?? :help::whistling:

Also there will be a 3 day gap between the end of tour 4 and start of tour 5 which will allow us to re-locate to Denver from Dallas Fort Worth

If Tour 3 goes nuts next year no blaming me Mrs! :pardon:

Tour 5 is only speculation at present depending on what sort of interest we get.

There's no blame in Storm Chasing other the "the State that shall not be named". The old man may joining us next year so he's an added factor for me :wallbash: oops I meant :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Oh my Lord

its still only July and people are getting excited about next spring

oh yes

Edited by Tom Lynch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Now I have things in order I think I might take a shot at either Tour 4 or 5.

The scenary around the Northern Plaines is just mind blowing, the biggest skies in the world if you get a supercell around there it would probably be one of the best views your ever going to get! This also lends itself very well for getting stunning pictures and vid too!

Pay Day on Monday so we will have to see!!!:yahoo:

Posted

Ok it is official, we will be running an extra Tour next year (Tour 5) :clap: This will be out of Denver (Colorado) and will be from the following dates 13th June to the 24th June.

Wednesday 13th June will be the designated travel day

Thursday 14th June will be the first official Chase Day

Saturday 23rd June will be the last official Chase Day

Sunday 24th June will be the Travel Home day.

By this time of year it is usually only High Plains Chasing.

If you are interested in this tour please contact either myself or Paul M On the usual numbers. The bookings page will be updated early next week.

Regards

Paul S

Posted
yahoo.gifyahoo.gifWill call Paul M on Monday to sort out but really interested in swapping T3 for T5 (pretty please angel.gif) It then starts getting complicated !!