Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Chase 2012 - Dates And Early Booking Offer

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Both would be awesome, although 2 holidays in a year with Mr Sherman.......

Will have to see how the new goes for the first couple of months and then I should be able to commit to anything!

If all the Storm Chase places go before then well thats my decision made!

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

I see Billy Connolly, in his new Route 66 travel documentary tonight, was visiting some place near St Louis that had a tornado rip through it, not sure if it was this Spring he filmed it, but the houses of the homeless people he was talking to looked pretty destroyed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

Right!!!! After years of dreaming and sneaky emails between my girlfriend and Ian, I can confirm that we are booked onto tour 4!!!!

I am so excited I could wee!! I have wanted to do thus for years and for my 30th it's going to be ace!

Alibi need to do now is geek up on the storm stuff more, does anyone have any links for me to study and not be a complete n00b when we go!

Thanks guys

Graham

Posted

Nice 1 Mate - See you out there and you will enjoy this trip like no other holiday, in 8 years I am still to meet someone who said it did not live upto expectations.

With regards to gemming up on Storm Chasing, a really good way might be to send Craig a Pm and he has the Stormchasers Handbook on a PDF File which I am sure he will send to you if you ask him. This has everything about chasing and Supercell Storms in general and is a Must read!

Paul S

Posted

Nice 1 Mate - See you out there and you will enjoy this trip like no other holiday, in 8 years I am still to meet someone who said it did not live upto expectations.

With regards to gemming up on Storm Chasing, a really good way might be to send Craig a Pm and he has the Stormchasers Handbook on a PDF File which I am sure he will send to you if you ask him. This has everything about chasing and Supercell Storms in general and is a Must read!

Paul S

Nick F done a great guide a few years back which I found useful

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/37775-n-w-storm-chasers-guide/

Posted

Paul S

Me would likey one of these too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Not the right place to post , however I have just arrived home from Arron & Laura's wedding in Inverness and would like to say that it was a fantastic occasion in a pretty setting next to a Loch. A lovely couple.

I might however think twice about coming through Glasgow after an old firms match and feel lucky to get off the train in one piece.

Tom

Posted

Right!!!! After years of dreaming and sneaky emails between my girlfriend and Ian, I can confirm that we are booked onto tour 4!!!!

I am so excited I could wee!! I have wanted to do thus for years and for my 30th it's going to be ace!

Alibi need to do now is geek up on the storm stuff more, does anyone have any links for me to study and not be a complete n00b when we go!

Thanks guys

Graham

Hi Graham, congrats on booking the trip, you'll love it, see you on tour 4 !!!

Happy to send on the handbook pdf if you want it, give me a shout if you do

Craig

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

cheers Tom will do. Sorta regreting not getting them when the sale was on at the beginning of September and flights were just under £500

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Just curious but has anybody considered a hurricane chase as well, basically whenever one makes landfall you set yourself up somewhere near it (noticed a guy doing it on another forum, just gone down to Mexico for their triple whammy).

Posted

LIGHTNING STATS

Whilst preparing for a presentation I glanced at some lightning stats for 2011 to date.

25 deaths due to lightning and 17 (72%) men and only 8 women

The highest percentage being aged between 50 & 59yrs (32%)

Thursday was quite a popular day to get hit by lightning (16%)

July was not a good month to go out in a storm with the highest number at 9

The state to avoid was Missouri

Definitely better not to go camping and stand under a tree to shelter from the storm

one poor soul got killed in Joplin whilst trying to rescue victims of the tornado. He was a 31 year old policeman

I am only posting this because things are quiet

Tom

post-2466-0-69979600-1318976609_thumb.jp

Posted

Ichabod who

LIGHTNING STATS

Whilst preparing for a presentation I glanced at some lightning stats for 2011 to date.

25 deaths due to lightning and 17 (72%) men and only 8 women

The highest percentage being aged between 50 & 59yrs (32%)

Thursday was quite a popular day to get hit by lightning (16%)

July was not a good month to go out in a storm with the highest number at 9

The state to avoid was Missouri

Definitely better not to go camping and stand under a tree to shelter from the storm

one poor soul got killed in Joplin whilst trying to rescue victims of the tornado. He was a 31 year old policeman

I am only posting this because things are quiet

Tom

From the above data it is fair to assume that I should not go camping in missouri by a lake on a thursday in July

Tom

Posted

That's ok cause your well gone past the average of men killed by lightning!!!! Lol!!!! Joke!!!

"insert overweight joke here" Tom