Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Chase 2011 - Day 25 Discussion

Paul Sherman

Posted

I love living in pretty much the same timezone...I'll finish work at 3pm and be watching til bedtime....gonna be an awesome days chase

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

1 word SAFE

stay safe :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Stream's looking good....all set for a enthralling evening watching you guys

Glad you're able to view, did you have a word with BT? I'm sorted as well, knocked the add blocker on the head, stream's looking great. :good:

Keep safe everyone, looks to be a dangerous day ahead.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Latest briefing from NWS Tulsa.

http://www.srh.noaa....amtasiaBriefing

KOCO helicopter now airborne.

http://www.koco.com/r-video/27953718/detail.html.

Edited by NL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Glad you're able to view, did you have a word with BT? I'm sorted as well, knocked the add blocker on the head, stream's looking great. :good:

Keep safe everyone, looks to be a dangerous day ahead.

They sent me a dongle which plugs in the phone, BT accelerator or some such thing, and like you, I got rid of that ad-blocker add-on, now things are great!

The Cu field is being coming quite 'agitated' in SW OK, a few light echoes showing on the radar

Posted

Yep I expect a bit of a rush to reposition west of the I35 with initiation 'proper' likely further west perhaps

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Yep, nice cell going up now, to the west of Clinton on I40, and further initiation to the South of Altus....already signs suggesting you guys are going to be spoilt for choice!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Latest briefing from NWS Tulsa.

http://www.srh.noaa....amtasiaBriefing

KOCO helicopter now airborne.

http://www.koco.com/...18/detail.html.

Yikes that's some briefing, looks to be a very dangerous afternoon/evening in prospect. :unsure: Wonder how we'd cope in the UK with such life-threatening events? We barely cope with snow and volcanic ash!

They sent me a dongle which plugs in the phone, BT accelerator or some such thing, and like you, I got rid of that ad-blocker add-on, now things are great!

The Cu field is being coming quite 'agitated' in SW OK, a few light echoes showing on the radar

Ahh yes the ubiquitous dongle! :D Yes I was going frantic not being able to watch! Stream's great at the moment. :yahoo:

Posted

Storms beginning to kick off along the dry-line, one between Elk City and Clinton and one south of Altus.

post-5386-0-39568700-1306263277_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

I'm in Watonga. Cell gone up to me WSW and it should head right towards me. Should be one of several rounds of storms to fire off the dry line. I expect the later storms to be the more prolific tornado producers as the upper support arrives late afternoon.

Posted

I'm in Watonga. Cell gone up to me WSW and it should head right towards me. Should be one of several rounds of storms to fire off the dry line. I expect the later storms to be the more prolific tornado producers as the upper support arrives late afternoon.

Just a couple of appetizers before the main event Nathan, just be sure not to get bogged down anywhere on ya 'Jack' as some of these are gonna be huge.

Posted

The storm near Clinton has now gone severe

Posted

Early stages may be worth chasing but could then provide a challenge to keep up to more dramatic action expected between Enid and Ponca City OK later this afternoon -- I am estimating that the main event line of supercells should be almost parallel to I-35 and crossing that north-south route around 23z (which is 6 p.m. CDT).

Chase opportunities will probably be about four or five major cells strung out along this bowing north-south arc from Pratt KS to Decatur TX, so possibly three supercells in OK and one each in KS and TX, if not more. Threats to major urban areas would include all the cities in OK, as well as Pratt KS, Wichita KS, Chanute KS and towns in that general vicinity, Fort Smith AR, unfortunately (by 05z) Joplin MO, and Shreveport LA, Wichita Falls TX, the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, and large towns in northeast TX such as Sherman, Denison, Tyler, Longview etc. Major tornado risk probably extends almost as far south as Waco TX, and as far north as Topeka KS. Kansas City likely under more of a straight-line wind risk in a derecho late-evening phase of the event.

Tornado intensity, while cannot rule out F4-5, more likely to be F2-3 from analogues, but perhaps with one F4-5 in the mix. Let's hope that one stays away from urban areas but I must say that OKC is in a very dangerous situation given the shaping and timing of this event and observed cell initiation.

Have sketched out timing map for tornado risk ... lines (arcs) represent time when max risk of tornado would exist as line of cells passes, not a continuous tornado event of course, and times are shown by both GMT (z) at top, and by CDT (h) at bottom of map. Major cities identified by first letter and with some idea of relative size sketched in.

post-4238-0-68885000-1306264504_thumb.jp

Edited by Roger J Smith

Posted

Things developing rapidly....Storm to the SW of Watonga severe warned, also now storms further south west near Altus/Roosevelt now warned, moving NE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

I think the cell the team are on got tornado warned... im watching the Koco stream and they cut in on it... looking at the maps looks like the same one..

Posted

I think the cell the team are on got tornado warned... im watching the Koco stream and they cut in on it... looking at the maps looks like the same one..

Yep, watonga cell now tornado warned

Posted

Yeah I'm pretty sure its the one they're on, shame theres crap mobile internet coverage where they are, the streams not very good at the moment.

Posted

Impressive gate to gate on the cell SW of Fairview. Likely to produce very soon.

Not looking good - 3 cells now showing rotation W of OKC

Posted

Impressive gate to gate on the cell SW of Fairview. Likely to produce very soon.

Not looking good - 3 cells now showing rotation W of OKC

All three are tornado warned now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Canton cell. reported multi vortex on ground... team were as i said on this I think