Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Whining Thread

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Taking into consideration your points of view on light evenings and they being pointless. The north pole gets even more light then we do at this time of year..would you wish to potter about there on a evening in shirt sleeves?..

Anyway moving on! i know this is a whining thread! but i'd like to be a bit more positive,Tuesday and Wednesday is looking like they wont be to bad weatherwise...

Oh yes its about time we emphasised the positives as well as the negatives on the model thread. Very much looking forward to the next 3 days being something more resembling summer. But as the title suggests this thread is for moaning and theres still plenty to moan about at the moment.

Oh yes its about time we emphasised the positives as well as the negatives on the model thread. Very much looking forward to the next 3 days being something more resembling summer. But as the title suggests this thread is for moaning and theres still plenty to moan about at the moment.

Yeah the rain is heading back in for the latter end of the week :angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Yeah, I don't mind the level of whining in this thread- it's the Whining Thread, whine as much as you like! I do think some more perspective is often in order in the Model Output Discussion though- even now, while FI looks pretty grotesque from a warmth/sunshine/dryness perspective, the cool cloudy stuff isn't projected to set in until Friday.

Posted

Yet again after a sunny start slate grey skies have returned, and after being 17c at 10am its now 14c with a howling wind making it to cold to be outside in shorts & tshirts anyway.

Tommorow is the only chance of nice weather for the next 10 days at least from the looks of things so if cloud pops up this month will is unsaveable.

Ridiculous to think in 10 days time the nights will be drawing in again and the UV index will have peaked, the mini tan i got in April has gone now, hard to believe considering the time of year!

Edited by conor123

Posted

I just hate the fact a weather pattern I do like in June (high pressure from the south) can't sustain itself for more than a few days but a weather pattern I don't like (the current one) gets locked in for weeks on end guaranteed.

I just hope this isn't a preamble for yet another poor July...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

again the usual thing looks like happening for the W Midlands area, for friday, looks like arriving at 8am and stopping at 6pm, this area really sucks where rain always arrives in the day and never at night

Stafford fronts, arrive at 8am ish, keeps raining until around 6pm, dry night before and dry night after, then wet next day, then dry next night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry summers with big thunderstorms.

We have pretty much had the right synoptics and we end up with this crap! Nice today but after that crap crap and more crap!!!

Thank god im going Ibiza on Friday!

Posted

this must be the windiest year ever, on saturday we get a deep low with yet more strongs winds, which will blast my allotmant to pieces, :wallbash:

On the bright side at least its gonna rain

Posted

Slate grey skies are back again today, never known such a long mudane spell of weather, if todays output verifies then we will leave June with only 2.5 decent days here.

Posted

What a surprise that Saturday, Sunday & Monday which were looking as drier more pleasant days with just a few showers are now rapidly downgrading into the usual mess.

100% certain Mondays rain which was looking like sliding through the Channel until today will slam right into us now and also slam into during the daytime aswell because we NEVER get rain at night.

Oh and shock shock after slate grey skies its suddenly going sunny now 5pms passed.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Slate grey skies are back again today, never known such a long mudane spell of weather, if todays output verifies then we will leave June with only 2.5 decent days here.

Well, since the last one last month!

It's all pretty average June weather TBH.

Posted

Well, since the last one last month!

It's all pretty average June weather TBH.

For you yes, for here no, ive said many a time no-one can understand unless they live here that theres been just 4 days with more than 15 minutes of sunshine between 10am-4pm here since 5th May.

Surely to expect for than 4 days of nice weather over 2 months in the 2 sunniest months of the year is not asking for to much seriously :lol:

Surely to be getting the second autumnal low in less than week slam into us Friday followed by potentially another Monday is not average June weather?

Edited by conor123

Posted

Godammit! It basically doesn't rain here for the 3 months (March to early June) when growers and others needed the rain and now when it's almost too late for some crops and actually damaging to others eg cherries it doesn't stop. We're almost got into that very unsettled situation when even the drier days forecast like this coming Sunday can't be relied on to be 100% dry. An annoying little shower is bound to pop up.

Posted

Good grief enough with the cloudy bland nothingness days already.

If it's not gonna rain, if theres not going to be any convection, if theres no weather front on the way then it should be sunny.

None descript outlook for the forseeable future to.

It wouldn't surprise me if just like last year Summer arrives pretty much on the last day of Summer.

Posted

im fed up of the models showing nice weather in FI, it has being doing this for ages now only to never come closer, who knows this summer we might only see a couple of days with temps up to 25 c. Will we see a week of temps of 28/32 c, hmm i don't have much faith in that, this is just a wild guess by the way.

However i hope im wrong because we stil have time on our side. 8)

Posted

As we all know in the Midlands nice weather on a Sunday is impossible here, what's the betting that the charts change to give only London and the South East 25c+ this weekend.

what's the betting that the charts change to give only London and the South East 25c+ this weekend.

Not so sure about that i think we can easily record temps just over 25C here in warwickshire on sunday/monday if you said 30C+ then i would bet on that for sure, the ground is very dry here and will help with the daytime maxs.

Still some OTT posting from people though as it looks only a brief event and back to weather near average which has been great so far this June with lots of nice dry sunny weather here.

It looks like a summer equivalent of a two to three day northerly toppler to me with no extended hot spell so many crave.

Posted

Ridiculous cold today, made worse by the fact I live in a cold house. I really shouldn't be needing to still have the heating on in June..

Posted

What a shock, knew it would happen, the 25/26c replaced with 23c for Sunday now and the warmth just downgrades more with each run so no tropical 16/17c night either now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Just unlurking briefly to have a whinge...

What's so annoying about this month is that it's been mostly dry, the sun's been out at least some of most days... and yet it's still freezing cold half the time. When you have a summer like 2007 and it's constantly raining, you expect low temperatures even if you don't like them... but when it's dry and (sometimes) bright, I really do think 20 degrees should be possible in late June. Yet if the "warmish snap" downgrades much more, there's a real chance I could get to the midway point of the summer with my outright 2011 maximum still being from April! That's just silly. Grump.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I have too much to whine about.

Wouldn't fit on one page.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Hmm, 40 odd degrees in france next week. Bet there heat doesnt 'downgrade' like our pathetic 'hot spell'.always the same..

It is because central France has a continental climate and is geographically further south.

That is just the way it goes. Would you really want 40c and humidity of 70-80%? That would not be enjoyable.

Posted

Just unlurking briefly to have a whinge...

What's so annoying about this month is that it's been mostly dry, the sun's been out at least some of most days... and yet it's still freezing cold half the time. When you have a summer like 2007 and it's constantly raining, you expect low temperatures even if you don't like them... but when it's dry and (sometimes) bright, I really do think 20 degrees should be possible in late June. Yet if the "warmish snap" downgrades much more, there's a real chance I could get to the midway point of the summer with my outright 2011 maximum still being from April! That's just silly. Grump.

Yes it's ridiculous just how hard it seems to be for a day above 20c, even for two days in a row above 18c these days.

Just like its impossible to get two sunny days in a row, a thunderstorm, anything remotely exciting...

Just watch all this Northern Blocking will suddenly dissapear in time for Winter and the Azores high will come flying up for weeks just like it did all through January - March.

Posted

Even last June/1st half of July was closer to "shades of 1976" than this summer... by far. Now people are calling 1 day of 25°C a "heatwave" it shows how desperate we have become.

There was once a time when a "heatwave" was at least 3 consecutive days over 30°C and not just in the SE. Even in my part of Derbyshire Peak District last June we managed a lot of days reaching 25°C.

Edited by EaasmanG