Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

morning, nice little storm developing over the top of me at the moment, heavy rain and thunder and lighting.

doesnt seem to be moving very far very fast.

fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Nothing in Bristol but steady moderate rain! Looks to ovecast here for any thunder!

So close but yet so far again!

Good luck to all south of me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

big thunder and lighting, torrential rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

god knows my garden needs this dumping of rain, havent had any like this for sooooooo long!:yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Nothing in Bristol but steady moderate rain! Looks to ovecast here for any thunder!

So close but yet so far again!

Good luck to all south of me!

its never to over cast, it was like that this morning and bingo we had thunder lighting and torrential rain for the last hour

keep an eye on the rain radar, will it rain today.com

fromey

Posted

A round up of info from various sources from me so you can make your own judgement on any potential fort today in your area. Sorry some of these are large, the forum software will resize them if you can hang on!!!

ESTOFEX have that area over in NE France + Belgium and this is the one that worries/excites me. Recent history says it isn't going to make these shores, but you can't ignore can you?!!

post-6667-0-24172100-1307260871_thumb.pn

No forecasts or alerts from Netweather, SkyWarn, UKASF or TORRO which is telling in itself......

21OWS_ATLANTIC-EUROPE_FITL_THUNDERSTORM-STANDARD_24.gif

21OWS_EUROPE_MODEL-DATA_UKMO-GLOBAL_TS-THREAT_SFC_42_00Z.png

PGNE14_CL_small.gif

post-6667-0-89545700-1307261259_thumb.gi

30_19.gif

30_24.gif

cape.curr.1200lst.d2.png

rain1.curr.1230lst.d2.png

sfcdewpt.curr.1200lst.d2.png

gfs_kili_eur12.png

gfs_lfc_eur12.png

gfs_spout_eur12.png

gfs_lapse_eur12.png

gfs_srh_eur12.png

My thoughts are that this will be mostly confined to the French coast, maybe something in the Channel off Dorset/Devon (well East of the IOW). Radar and detector watching essential, but I can already feel some disappointed posts here in the SE. :unknw:

EDIT - Wrong already, with a line of sferics on the South East Wales border!!! :lol:

Posted

I'm putting my hope on some of the stuff over the Netherlands getting into EA, I would like storms, but just some rain would do

post-9318-0-09867700-1307263717_thumb.jp

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather

Posted

Well nothing in Glos as of yet, woke in the night bout 3ish i think, rain was torrential and windy, looked like monsoon weather. No Joke! Feeling muggy though. Glad some of you woke up to a nice lil storm :rolleyes: Now send them on up :whistling: lol, im off out so wont be on till later, have fun!

Posted

Iv just heard thunder to the east of me sounds like it was coming from lansdown maybe a drive up that way would be intresting.

Posted

Right i am up and ready for round two do i stay put here and hope for something later today or do I head for Bristol area of old Avon in the hope to pick up those storms. Hmmm Thats a long way though to miss them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

The storm to the east of me has thunder in it, but by the way the storms moving, it looks like it might pass to the north of Weston.

It also seems to be weakening.

Posted

What a difference the channel makes.

Unfortunately! :doh: It really is the Great Wall of Europe today, can't we buy some of that CAPE and LI a Eurostar ticket?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Had consistant moderate to heavy rain in Bristol for the last couple of hours now! But no thunder!

BBC weather just had a scattering of showers around, certainly no mention of persistent heavy rain! No mention of thunder either! Except for the south east later on today and tonight!

Looks like it's a case of anywhere on the south could get something but it's a guess exactly where! I'm hoping Bristol gets a rumble or two soon as everywhere around here has had something by the sound of it, and it's supposed to dry up here soon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

The storm to the east of me has thunder in it, but by the way the storms moving, it looks like it might pass to the north of Weston.

It also seems to be weakening.

Yep, things are weakening as they go north. The thunderstorm over Somerset that has moved north, has just given a decent downpour but no electrical activity at all. Wonder when round 2 is.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
The NAE and the UKMO MESO is also signalling some sort of convective mass heading north out of France later today to bring a more organised area of perhaps very heavy rain/thunderstorms in to parts of Central-Southern and South-east England and this then heading away to the E or NE overnight and into Monday morning.

from two

Posted

Seriously, this is getting stupid...We have had no rain for ages. I have not seen storm for ages. Just want some action here in East Anglia tonight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty, Foggy, Cold, Snowy, Windy, Thunder

Seriously, this is getting stupid...We have had no rain for ages. I have not seen storm for ages. Just want some action here in East Anglia tonight!

Rain??? - I Will have to Wikki that one.