Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Major Hurricane Adrian

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Adrian is now a pathetic-looking Cat2.Poor.Due to rapid decay I think it was not annular.

post-15004-0-52168800-1307773791_thumb.j

I disagree. Annular characteristics don't always last the life of the system. If they had, Adrian will have weakened more slowly. As soon as he lost annular characteristics, the weakening was rapid due to the very adverse conditions Adrian found himself in.

Hello Chaps/chapesses?, always great to see Cookie & SS posts when the W Atlantic/E pacific season begins, (personal favorite sector due to locality and many family n friends in or around the west Atlantic/East pacific) and little doubt that its favourable for a busy year?

Mighty impressive kick off with Adrian (great pic indeed cookie, bettering the NASA 8am 10Jun local time) shot)

Born from possible couple of degrees above normal recent sea temps in the area methinks?

But now cat1 rapid weakening and "usual suspects" wind shear leaving Adrian in his death hallows.

Really interested to see what/if any effect the "soon-to-be-ending"? record La Nina has on suggested projected Hurricanes no.s?

(the recent snow in Hawaii and yesterdays falls up Snowdon in Wales are a different topic although thought provoking?)

Thankyou Mezza :) . The effects of La Nina ending probably won't be felt until late in the season due to lag time for the atmosphere to catch up with ocean temperature changes. As it stands, the Atlantic is expected to have an above average season and the East Pacific below average, similar to last year. With the La Nina receeding, the 2012 season will likely be different.

Whaat mezzacyclone?

Back on topic.

Adrian is now a pathetic 45 mph tropical storm(a low level cloud swirl) and it will dissipate soon.

How rude. The post was on topic.

Posted

I'm sorry,but sentence "Back on topic" was a separator from my offtopic and ontopic part of reply.The reason because I write the sentence "Whaat mezzacyclone?" is that his reply confused me.Sorry!

Posted

I'm sorry,but sentence "Back on topic" was a separator from my offtopic and ontopic part of reply.The reason because I write the sentence "Whaat mezzacyclone?" is that his reply confused me.Sorry!

Ok, no worries Wobbuffet. Easy to misunderstand things when you aren't face to face. Apologies :)

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

12th June Cookie. Then Beatriz formed 19th June and dissipated 22nd June.