Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

DAILY REPORT - THE FINAL REPORT!!!

Guest ChaserUK

Guest ChaserUK

Well its been fun. Hope you have enjoyed watching and reading as much as I have enjoyed chasing and posting. For the record, we had to leave North Platte, Nebraska this morning - just as all the storms started going. I hear of 50 tornado reports so I am a little miffed by that. In fact we did 800 miles today to get to Dallas Fort Worth in time for tomorrow's flight at 1550.

Total miles for the trip, 8,400 in all - pretty impressive huh. Will need to go on a diet when I get back - a storm chasers diet is made up of one fast food joint after another at all times of the day!

Please feel free to post any comments you may have on the reporting of this chase. Also, keep an eye on Net-Weather - when a hurricane threatens the US mainland, I intend to be there!

All the best

ChaserUK

Posted

Chaser, glad to hear your safe and well :D Thank you so much for the reports and pictures. I agree with everyone else, those pics and reports made you feel like that you was actualy there, it was brilliant. Thank you again you have made my mind up and I want to go so bady now. :D

Al I can say is well done mate :D

Guest Phil_Uk
For the record, we had to leave North Platte, Nebraska this morning - just as all the storms started going.  I hear of 50 tornado reports so I am a little miffed by that.

Usually the way. :roll:

But it's been a pleasure to read your reports, and your pics have been outstanding to say the least. And thank you for taking the time and trouble to report your daily stories to us.

Have a safe journey home. :D

Phil.

Posted

thanks chaser, its really appreciated you writing everything up on this forum for us all to see, the picture of the inflow to the storm on the 20th was amazing. like a storm feeding itself :D

Posted

Chaser, thanks for all your efforts in keeping us upto date, its been very much appreciated. I know that this has been an incredibly popular feature with many people joining the forum and coming back every day to read the updates.

Personally I have really enjoyed reading your reports and some of your pictures have been awesome.

Cheers

Paul :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Uh Oh, Does this mean that chasers coming home?

just when we thought we got rid of him :D

Anywho, Glad you had a good time d00d.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Excellent reports and pics Matt. I am glad you enjoyed it, you really did deserve to be the first chasers following the first ever F6 :D

Posted

Respect chaser for your time and effort mate :D Mrs B n i gotta do the chase thing wot a buzz :D:) thanx for the experience made gettin up in the morning kewl hopein u had had a multi tornado session

Posted

Yes thanks for your accounts and pictures, they were trully great. I bet it is hard to get across how scary it must have been 'core' punching through storms and the golf ball sized hail you accountered.

Glad your safe and see you back here on Net-Weather soon - Thanks! :D

Posted

Thanks Chaser and echo everyone else. I'm very envious and hopefully at some point in the future, I'd like to try the chasing experience.

Many thanks again. =D>=D>=D>

Posted

It has been great reading your reports and looking at the breathtaking pictures. Thanks for sharing your incredible experience. It’s wet my appetite to go to the US on a storm chase one day :D

Posted

Hi Matt, and all, we are still out here just tomorrow and thursday to go then flying back on friday. Saturday was a great day over 80 reported tornados just about every chaser was in the area inclueding Josh Wurman and Geoff Petroski we see many funnels some touch downs and huge cloud development ending with a lightning display that I doulbt I will ever see in my life again if i count i would estimate 6 flashes a second but could have been more! we were 50 miles down the line from Halem which got hit hard the biggest problem was that a lot of these Tornados were forming after dark some chasers got hit we slipped to the end of the line and out of danger, I know some uk groups had a scary time trying to get out after dark! there is so much to write yesterday we see 2 mile wild tornados! yer know they dont look like tornados till they come after you and you have to run away! lol anyway im on a PDA so cant read all Matts reports so will write more when I get home ttfn everyone, great pic Matt. Steve.