Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion 3

Coast

Posted

eur_zeus_anim.gif

Still plenty of time yet......

Love it that these strikes are moving NE straight towards EA! Looking forward to this eveing/tonight. Camera batteries are charged. Now just a sit and wait. Very hazey but it's slowly clearing. And a mild 30C recorded here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

In my earlier post I meant that if there is no convection (not even any light showers) in Northern England by 17:00 it would be game over, but not for places further south. Its just that cooler air may start to filter into the far north of England during the first half of the night, its not like in SE England where a MCS could provide fun and games tonight and tomorrow morning. I've just seen that shower WNW of Newcastle, and that suggests that it isn't game over, just as long as a few more crop up shortly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Stuck in work and can't see a thing! But the NW radar is pretty impressive, can't remember seeing cells pop up so quick in this area. That development reminds me of watching USA storms on Barons!

I need a direct hit here as I cannot see anywhere, and cannot move anywhere GGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Thick cloud cover here. No way is anything going to kick off now IMO in the west.

Posted

anybody else get headaches before a storm?? getting one now, and on that note.. cloud building over london and west of me... fingers crossed this may be it!! :drinks:

Yep head is banging too !!! cloud building to the west of me getting pretti dark !

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Raining in Reading <_<

Blue skies here with patchy cirrus!

east kent got it good :ph34r: :rolleyes:

Posted

a dramatic change in the clouds here.you can smell it lol.the dogs just gone and hid himself upstairs which is normally a warning regards thunder.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Line of intense showers now building rapidly and heading towards Northumberland and Tyne & Wear.

Posted
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.

anybody else get headaches before a storm?? getting one now, and on that note.. cloud building over london and west of me... fingers crossed this may be it!! :drinks:

Yes me. Woke up with one this morning and it's been with me all day so far. I'm not usually a "headache before storms" person, nor even troubled by headaches at all.

Posted

Rapid development north of Hexham now - first homegrown thunderstorm of the day! Another shower developing rapidly to the west of County Durham, could be the start of the fun and games! The storms were always going to kick off in NE England first (if they did at all up here), then some more severe ones across Eastern England later on. I just thought they'd start earlier, the GFS suggested early afternoon. Ah well sods law I suppose they'll hit just in time to scupper my chances of a barbecue.

Edited by alza

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

In my earlier post I meant that if there is no convection (not even any light showers) in Northern England by 17:00 it would be game over, but not for places further south. Its just that cooler air may start to filter into the far north of England during the first half of the night, its not like in SE England where a MCS could provide fun and games tonight and tomorrow morning. I've just seen that shower WNW of Newcastle, and that suggests that it isn't game over, just as long as a few more crop up shortly!

The risk time for the Northeast is from 3pm - 12am according to some so there is plenty of time. That shower was

Anyway here's to an interesting afternoon hopefully although I am just radar watching. That shower has really beefed up and there's another 2 behind it. Seems to still be a tad too far west for a direct hit but still exciting non the less! :-))

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Come on france, explode :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

It looks like things could be breaking now across the NE as the shower to the south of Newcastle has intensified rapidly too. That looks like a corker to the North mind!

EDIT: There is anopther shower developing quickly below that one too they appear to be forming in a South to North line?

Yes looks like the are forming in a line just over the pennines just hope they start forming a little further south to effect my region but anyhow nice to see things getting going

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

When I was a lad them Spanish plumes would be crashing and banging from midday too late evening. They don't happen like they used to lad.

Some light rain heading this way now cloudy still warm though.

Would be funny if the storms ended up in the NE and SW and nowhere else.

Edited by The PIT

Posted

I believe its a little line of thunderstorms developing, it reminds me of that one last month (Sunday the 8th? Can't remember!) which gave a pretty intense thunderstorm to Tyne and Wear. This ones a little too far north, but its developing southwards so there's still hope.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

anyone have eyes on that cell north of Newcastle ? - its just exploded on radar

Yep, it literally did just pop up on the radar out of nowhere..

Posted

One sec I think you may be looking at this...

Go take a pic I am west london too..

Not sure I think this is too the North of me but what is building up is coming in from the south/west of me if that makes some sense!