Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Your Fantasy Forecast!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

This is for fun and im sure its going to be fun! why not? lets have a laugh! :rofl:

Write a forecast for the next 7 days, this can be any season and month, it can be funny and short or one big in-depth over the top forecast you can imagine-or both, its up to you.

you are writing a forecast to be read out on radio.

put in your post when it is for, it can be summer snowstorms if you like!.

you can describe the synoptic set ups or just say what the weather is going to be!.

your forecast can be as normal or as funny as you like as long as its fantasy or made up.:)

-

chat about the forcasts to!

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The overwhelming majority of you really wouldn't want me to spell out the details of my fantasy forecast.

Let me say August 1912 or July 1922 and I'll let your fertile imaginations fill in the rest.

Posted

My fantasy forecast for the next week:

July 11

A generally clear and warm day.

Low - 24°C

High - 40°C

July 12

Very humid with thunderstorms PM.

Low - 25°C

High - 37°C

July 13

Clear and very warm again.

Low - 24°C

High - 38°C

July 14

More humid, mostly clear and hot.

Low - 26°C

High - 39°C

July 15

Much cooler with showers PM.

Low - 23°C

High - 33°C

July 16

A cool night, then warm again with scttrd clouds and showers PM.

Low - 22°C

High - 35°C

Posted

I'll do them for winter and summer. They'll be written in the style of the Met Office.

Summer:

Today- Very hot and sunny. Remaining clear all day, with refreshing light breezes. Maximum temperature 34°C.

This Evening and Tonight- The evening continuing very much in the same vain as the day. However, as night falls severe thunderstorms will spread from the south. These storms will have constant lightning and thunder, with hail and a risk of tornadoes. They will also be very prolonged so very high rainfall totals will occur. Minimum temperature 21°C.

Winter:

Today- Much of the morning and the afternoon will will be dry, frosty and sunny, with it remaining very cold. However, a few scattered heavy snow showers may occur. Maximum temperature -5°C.

This Evening and Tonight- Staying dry for the first half of the evening. However, later on a very heavy band of snow will spread from the east, bringing significant accumulations. The snowfall will be very prolonged and slow to clear. Minimum temperature -2°C.

Ah.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Summer Forecast

Today- Warm and sunny. Skies without a cloud in the sky, with a very light breeze. Maximum temperature 25°C.

This Evening and Tonight- A slow cool down will occur with clear skies continuing which will allow the BBQ parties to continue through the night. Minimum temperature 16°C.

Winter Forecast

Today- Heavy Thundery snow showers will be frequent with additional accumulations varying from 10cm - 25cm with no sunny spells just cloud cover all day Maximum temperature -4°C.

This Evening and Tonight- This evening a band of snow will push in from the North Sea and bring continuous heavy snow and additional accumulations of 20cm - 30cm will occur widely and even more in favoured areas. -12°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Summer -

Cloudless skies dominating for the entire period. Maximums starting 7 day period at around 24c rising to 34c before large thunderstorms hit freshening up a bit down to 24c. Humidity generally high but not overly so.

Thunderstorms don't hit on Friday to Sunday period in order to protect beer garden drinking/gardening. City mins of around 18 to 19c on most nights with maybe one really hot night around 22c-23c.

All maxes in this summer make it to at least 20c with most 22c or above.

Winter -

Clear & frosty generally with occasional snow showers brought in on a deep cold NEly wind. Absolutely NO North Sea low cloud. Temperatures between -15c and -3c.

Later in the period SWlies take over for a few days to give my gas bill a break. Temps +10c with some rain before returning back to cold & frosty again afterwards.

A winter without temperatures in the dull zone 1c to 6c range would be fantastic.

Posted

July 11th: Sunny and warm, max 24c, min 14c

July 12th: Sunny and warm, max 25c, min 15c

July 13th: Sunny and very warm, max 27c, min 15c

July 14th: Sunny and very warm, max 28c, min 17c

July 15th: Hot & Sunny, max 29c, min 18c

July 16th: Hot & Sunny day then bang overnight with thunderstorms on and off all night, max 30c, min 18c

July 17th: Fresher and sunny after a thundery start, max 22c, min 13c

Ironically a week along these lines did actually seem possible before 2007...

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Summer

Today: Very warm and sunny, light SSW winds, 25°C.

Tomorrow: Much of the same, 26°C.

Next few days: A thundery breakdown, followed by a ridge of high pressure bringing temperatures of 19-22°C with sunshine.

Winter

Today: Increasing amount of snow showers bringing accumulations of 10cm by the evening, biting NE winds, 0°C

Tomorrow: Further heavy snow showers with a prolonged area of snow in the afternoon and evening, bringing depths of 20-30cm by the evening. Biting NE winds, 0°C.

Next few days: Snow showers gradually dying out, lots of sunshine with subzero temperatures and light winds.

Both forecasts are possible, but in NE England the Winter forecast is more likely than the Summer one! Both have happened in the last 12 months though - the brief hot spell last week was similar to the Summer forecast, and the Winter forecast almost happened in November 2010, only the reality was snowier with many days of snowfall! January 2010 was similar to my Winter ideal forecast.

Edited by alza

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

winter would be, 18,19,20 Nov 1996, Mon 18th Nov, cold arctic air, then a 'superlow' moved in, although not actually fantasy, actually happened

so forecast would be, a severely cold night, then low pressure moves across southern UK, bringing rain,sleet and snow, with all snow on northern edge, with the potential for 20cms snow over N Midlands (low levels) was near enough the forecast on Mon 18th Nov 96

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

SUMMER

Synopsis: high pressure retreating east during the first few days, a slack thundery low transferring east midweek, high pressure returning from the south-west to end the week.

Day 1: Sunny all day, high pressure in charge, max 25°C, min 12°C.

Day 2: Mostly sunny, hotter, max 27°C, min 13°C.

Day 3: Sunny morning but plenty of thundery showers in afternoon and evening, max 28°C, min 16°C.

Day 4: Sunny intervals and heavy thundery showers with possibility of hail, max 23°C, min 15°C.

Day 5: More sunny intervals, more heavy thundery showers, max 20°C, min 11°C.

Day 6: Mostly sunny with just a few isolated showers, max 21°C, min 11°C.

Day 7: Sunny all day, max 24°C, min 10°C.

WINTER

Synopsis: low pressure moving south down the North Sea introducing northerlies and then easterlies, Atlantic systems pushing against a block to the NE at the end of the week.

Day 1: Sunshine and snow showers and northerly winds, max 2°C, min -1°C.

Day 2: Winds veering north-easterly, sun and snow showers and occasional thunder, max 0°C, min -6°C.

Day 3: An east to north-easterly flow, again sun and snow showers, occasional thunder, max 0°C, min -3°C.

Day 4: East winds, sun and scattered snow showers but fewer showers, max 1°C, min -3°C.

Day 5: A cold dry sunny day, some patchy freezing fog, max -1°C, min -8°C.

Day 6: A very cold start, sunny am, turning cloudy pm, snow spreading from west, max 0°C, min -11°C.

Day 7: Cloudy with persistent snow but turning warmer from the west at the end of the day, heralding a milder spell with sunshine and blustery showers but, according to teleconnections, probably only temporary.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

July 11th: Turning much warmer as Azores High moves in with temperatures climbing to 27C

July 12th: HP persisting and allowed to build, turning quite hot with highs of 32C

July 13th: Even hotter with a lovely high of 38C, very unusual heat indeed endless sunshine

July 14th: quite humid/cloudy in the morning, clearing in the afternoon for Hot sunshine peaking at 40C in the south

July 15th: Very Hot with a possible high of 46C, could end up being by far possibly be the hottest max ever recorded in the U.K, followed by an all nighter t-storm dropping temperatures overnight but still in the mid 20s

July 16th: A cloudy and very humid day, highs of 31C, last 30+ day of the spell, a dream summer forecast for me

Edited by BrightInBrighton

Posted

I'll do one for all four seasons..

Winter:

Today: Heavy snow showers merging into longer periods of prolonged snow, driven well inland by a biting Easterly wind. Accumilations of 20-30cm of snow likely. Maximum temperature -5C

Tonight: Troughs of heavy snow will continue to bring large accumilations overnight, though clearing dawn. Minimum temperature -13C.

Tomorrow: High Pressure will ridge in giving sunny but extremely cold conditions due to lying snow. Maximum temperature -8C.

Spring:

Today: A sunny and cool day for the time of year. NNE'ly winds will bring sunshine and frequent showers, with a mix of rain, sleet, snow, hail and thunder. Maximum temperature 7C, though dropping rapidly in the showers.

Tonight: A cold night with clear skies. Minimum temperature -2C

Tomorrow: As "Today"

Summer:

Today: High Pressure to the East will give clear blue skies and very warm conditions. Maximum temperature 34C.

Tonight: Frequent prolonged thunderstorms with torrential rain, and frequent thunder and lightning will spread across many areas. Clearing by morning. Minimum 20C

Tomorrow: A cooler day but still sunny and warm. Maximum temperature 26C.

Autumn:

Today: A pleasantly warm and sunny day. Maximum temperature 20C

Tonight: Clear skies at first, but clouding over with heavy rain arriving from the West, with very gusty winds. Minimum temperature 11C.

Tomorrow: A deep area of Low Pressure will give heavy rain and gales. Maximum temperature 15C

Edited by Ben_Cambs

Posted

Some of these forecasts are insanely hot!

Summer:

Monday - Sunny with sharp, frequent hail showers in the afternoon. Min 6C, Max 16C

Tuesday - Clear skies allow for a chilly dawn, cloud arrives at sunrise with heavy rain following to remain the entire day, with temporary sleet and snow on the leading edge. Heavy pulses by the afternoon, accompanied by squally winds with some light rain and faint sunshine in between. 110mm of frontal rain. Min 0C, Max 11C

Wednesday - Rain clears leaving a foggy morning with weak sunshine shining through, eventually leaving cool sunshine by the afternoon. Min 7C, Max 15C

Thursday - A gradual warm up with clear skies throughout, though never too hot. Min 4C, Max 18C

Friday - Hot with an afternoon thunderstorm at 4pm to cool things down. Remaining humid in the evening though, allowing temperatures stay in the mid teens during the evening. Min 9C, Max 23C

Basically, add 2007 levels of rainfall with far more sunshine and clearance, with nights more in line with April in terms of temperature.

Posted

I've spotted 40C described as just a 'warm' day, 22C min a 'cool' night? :blink:

The overwhelming majority of you really wouldn't want me to spell out the details of my fantasy forecast.

Let me say August 1912 or July 1922 and I'll let your fertile imaginations fill in the rest.

Would it be something along the lines of this?

Good morning, and what a wet start it is, bands of heavy rain already across the UK and will continue to swirl in throughout the day around this unseasonably deep low. There is likely to be some very heavy downpours at times and later on there is a very good chance of thunderstorms to go with it.

Rainfall totals of up to 100mm can be expected in many areas, but areas North of the Midlands to the Pennines may see well over this, especially on higher ground where 200-300mm may fall.

But that is not all, winds are already strengthening, especially in the west and will continue to do so throughout the day with gusts possibly reaching 80mph later, perhaps 90mph in the most exposed parts, particularly in Northern England and the Peak District. Max temps peaking at 14C.

Tonight these conditions will continue in a similar vein, Minimum temp: 8C

Tomorrow winds will veer northerly with heavy frontal rain through the morning clearing to frequent heavy thundery showers with the risk of hail. Winds gusting to 60mph, max temp 11C.

I'd actually find this pretty interesting/exciting and would prefer it more than light rain and overcast conditions, though I might want the temps a bit warmer in summer. I'd like a good few Atlantic storms in Autumn most.

This isn't quite my fantasy forecast for summer but it was fun to write, I will probably post my actual fantasy forecasts at some point, though it may have to wait until I get back from Swansea. I imagine my summer one may be similar to the one TWS posted, and my winter one may not be far off too.

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Winter - december

day 1- today - after a very cold and frosty crisp start isolated snow flurries blow in on a bitter ne'ly breeze with a slight dusting in places, sunny blue skies in between the showers, temperatures reaching 1c max, during this evening a band of heavy snow moves in from the ne, once this arrives it sticks around for several hours with some very heavy snow mixed in, accumulations could mount to 8-10 inches by morning over low ground and up to 12-14inches over the higher areas. snow clearing by early morning, temperatures 1c overnight falling to -3c after the snow clears.

day 2- after a sunny clear start with a frost in areas where snow cleared early we see yet more snow showers through much of the day, sunny skies inbetween the snow, accumulations 2-4 inches falling in places, temperatures no higher than 0c in a freezing ne'ly breeze-this increasing later, as we move into the evening we see another feature moving down from the ne, this providing a large amount of snow across most areas this evening and overnight, this time though we have a strong to gale force wind-this causing blizzard conditions and drifting, snowfall amounting to 12inches across the hills with drifting up to 30inches, on lower ground several inches could fall with 4-7inches possible by morning, temperatures dropping to a bitter -2c adding the wind chill feeling more like -12c.

day 3- today things settle down with a few isolated snow flurries drifting around but mostly clear blue sky for the whole day, winds falling light after a strong wind early on, so a mostly dry and settled day to come, but very cold with temperatures reaching a cold 0c, the evening and overnight period its frosty and very cold, temps -7c

day 4- sunny blue skies for all of today after a hard frost,light winds from the ne and only the odd fluff of cloud around, temps 1c max, the night brings another hard frost, temps falling to around -5c in most areas.

day 5- after a hard frost its another clear blue sunny day with just a gentle breeze, temps no more than 0c so feeling very cold again, the overnight time brings frosty conditions with a hard to severe frost in places, an east breeze picking up later with cloud increasing bringing with it some light snow, this not amounting to much, temps -5c/-10c, at first rising to -3/-2c as cloud and wind increases.

day 6- a cloudy day with outbreaks of light to steady snow, 1-2cm could fall in places, the easter'ly breeze becoming strong by evening, temps 1c max,

overnight heavy outbreaks of snow move in from the east, this becoming very heavy and prolonged by morning, drifting with blizzard conditions likely, the wind making it feel bitter and very cold, snowfall amounting to 5-10inches on low ground with up to 20-25inches on high ground, temps 0c, wind chill making it feel like -12c.

day 7- heavy snow through most of the day giving further accumulations of up to 12inches over the higher ground and 5-8inches over the lower areas, the wind stays strong and biting with drifting, the evening a break from the snow falling but returning overnight...

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

13ºC, slate grey skies, a sw'ly breeze and drizzle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

13ºC, slate grey skies, a sw'ly breeze and drizzle.

Hey, that's what we had today (well, no breeze, and the drizzle was a bit strong for drizzle, but the 13C and slate grey was right). Move to the Black Isle, Shuggee!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

July 11th: Turning much warmer as Azores High moves in with temperatures climbing to 27C

July 12th: HP persisting and allowed to build, turning quite hot with highs of 32C

July 13th: Even hotter with a lovely high of 38C, very unusual heat indeed endless sunshine

July 14th: quite humid/cloudy in the morning, clearing in the afternoon for Hot sunshine peaking at 40C in the south

July 15th: Very Hot with a possible high of 46C, could end up being by far possibly be the hottest max ever recorded in the U.K, followed by an all nighter t-storm dropping temperatures overnight but still in the mid 20s

July 16th: A cloudy and very humid day, highs of 31C, last 30+ day of the spell, a dream summer forecast for me

46c?

Do you want to die???? whistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

46c?

Do you want to die???? whistling.gif

46C isn't remotely dangerous for me, I've been out in 50C conditions before, it was very hot, but not unbearable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Day 1 sees a strong area of high pressure moving in from the west to bring settled and increasingly warm conditions to all areas. Max temperature 24c in the SE

Day 2 has the centre of the high right over the UK with all areas seeing very warm and sunny conditions. The highest temperatures will be in central areas and cooling sea breezes around the coast. Max temp 27c

Day 3 has the high drifting slightly eastwards to introduse a light southeasterly bringing hot and humid conditions even to Scotland. Max temp 31c

Day 4 may see a few isolated thundery downpours in the south west otherwise its dry sunny and hot with temperatures up to 33c

Day 5 has more widespread thunderstorms associated with low pressure encroaching from the south. Still dry and sunny the further north and east you go with a max of 34c.

Day 6 has low pressure sliding north across the country bringing torrential rain and thunderstorms. A clearance begins to pust into the south west later in the day. Much cooler with a high of 23c

Day 7 sees the Azores high beginning to push back in with temperatures once again on the rise up to 24c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

46C isn't remotely dangerous for me, I've been out in 50C conditions before, it was very hot, but not unbearable.

Yes, but the humidity that we tend to get in the UK would make it awful.

Give me a 22c and a breeze any day!

Ultimate forecast would have to be a channel low with lots of snow!

Posted

Winter:

Today- Much of the morning and the afternoon will will be dry, frosty and sunny, with it remaining very cold. However, a few scattered heavy snow showers may occur. Maximum temperature -5°C.

This Evening and Tonight- Staying dry for the first half of the evening. However, later on a very heavy band of snow will spread from the east, bringing significant accumulations. The snowfall will be very prolonged and slow to clear. Minimum temperature -2°C.

Ah.

We're singing from the same Hymnsheet Johnny !!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Good evening. It looks as though a number of records are going to be broken over the coming week the first which could go over the next 12 hours or so, namely the atmospheric pressure record for oslo which could break 1070mb which is the beginning of what is likely to be the most severe spell of winter weather ever recoreded in the UK and indeed other parts of Europe too. So for this evening then (sunday night) there is already some very heavy snow showers been blown across the pennines as the 950mb low pressure area squeezes up from the south giving severe gales or storm force winds with gusts in excess of 80mph giving drifts of up to 6 feet deep causing roads to close and villages to be cut off. Min temp -5 in the south minus 15 to minus 25 in the North with a windchill factor that goes way off any scale we have here at the met office, in a word please do not leave your home, if you do you are in grave danger.

Monday : more low pressure systems tracking across london and the south from east to west giving front after front causing continious heavy disruptive snowfall throughout the 24 hour period, level snow depths then more that 2 metres across most parts and drifts on higher ground up to 10m deep.

Tuesday : HP over scandinavia moving steadily SW towards us giving some respite and higher pressure over the South as any Lows now tracking much further south and not affecting us.

Wednesday : dry with Sunny spells but no warmth and some temperature records look set to be smashed in central and Northern Areas as the Maximums struggle to get above -10 and minums widely down to -30 and as low as -45 in some parts.

Thursday : Same

Friday : The atlantic looks to pick up as a very deep low looks set to try to push the high out of the way but guess what, its not going to go as frontal systems look set stall over Central and Northern Britain giving another metre of level snow with some outragous drifts indeed some people in the Pennines by then may have been unable to leave their house for 5 days due to the fact that the snow level has been well above the roof of their houses.

Posted

25th of Febuary - - - A quiet day with patchy sunshine and decreasing temperatures. Max of 4C. A small depression developing over

Iceland.

26th of Febuary - - - A quiet start to the morning with increasing cloud and outbreaks of light snow by the afternoon. Max of 1C. The

depression deepens dramatically and moves southwards and eastwards, clipping western scotland by the early

evening. Prolonged and heavy snow showers begin at around 5pm and merge into a persistent band of snow. As the

depression tracks inland, winds intensify to reach gusts of 65mph and the heavy snow continues through the night. lows of -2C. Windchill factor of -18C

27th of febuary - - - By morning the worst of the strong winds has passed however a strong breeze remains. Heavy persistent snow showers still falling in central belt of Scotland where it has now been snowing for 32 consecutive hours. Level snow depths in this 32 hour period have reached 50-55cm (19-21 inches). Drifts have reached in excess of 3m deep burying cars, phone boxes and even bungalows. Eventually by early afternoon, snow showers become light and patchy and have cleared by the evening. Lows of -11C tonight.

This actually happened!!!!!!!!!!! Febuary 2001 - my favourite weather event ever!!!!! I am still awaiting a repeat of this. These snow depths were recorded at only 180m above sea level - (Shotts, North lanarkshire, Scotland.) Snow depths over the larger hills were unimaginable!!

Posted

My winter forecast, as broadcast on the radio.

February 16th, 2012

New Florida-nia Forecast

"Brrr, morning folks, it's a cold one. Well, we can expect temperatures to dip below 10°C tonight yet again, and under bands of showery rain it will also be dull and cool tomorrow, barely reaching 15°C this arvo.

However, we do expect a brief warm up this weekend, which should see temps reach 18-19°C with a nice mild low of 12-13°C. Now, in some cold weather last week, where temps in the city went down to just 5°C, some sleet actually fell on the high ground a few miles east of here, the first in 95 years! Thank god nobody was stupid enough to build towns in that area.

Anyway, whatever you are doing, dress up warmingly and take care, and enjoy the mildness this weekend when it finally comes. Give your central heating a break! But shortly afterwards, we envision a cold front moving SE bringing with it some more squally showers, and temps once more below 10°C. And there could even be some hail and thunder!"