Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Your Fantasy Forecast!

Posted
article-0-008A8B2A00000258-811_468x302.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Where do you get those archives from please and are they available from all forecasts and can you get and PPN chars or snow depth carts from the 80s and 90s.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

a fav chart for me to, looks like those storms went through my area early morning...:D i would say it was very hot the day before then imports overnight and this the weather next day, think it was an MCS .. :whistling:

post some more if you can!

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

Where do you get those archives from please and are they available from all forecasts and can you get and PPN chars or snow depth carts from the 80s and 90s.

Unfortunately not, it was a random image I found searching for forecasts for 1976 - but I liked it!

Posted

Unfortunately not, it was a random image I found searching for forecasts for 1976 - but I liked it!

I hadn't realised the BBC were using Celsius in 1976 !!

Posted

Forecast issued by A Winter's Tale at 1411 hours:

Spring:

Day 1:

MORNING - A Calm start to the day with blue skies everywhere. Temperature of 12c.

NOON/AFTERNOON - A Warm day with very little breeze and no cloud cover and a temperature of 18c.

EVENING/NIGHT - Still clear with temperatures lowering to around 14c and then to a minimum of 8c.

Day 2:

MORNING - Prolonged Rain arrives from the west followed by heavy, frequent showers driven by a strong north westerly wind. Temperature of 10c.

NOON/AFTERNOON - Predomiantely pleasant with occasional showers with some hail. Temperatures maxing at 16c with light breeze.

EVENING/NIGHT - A cold front arrives from NNW that brings light rain. Clear skies and cold temperatures once the front passes. Minimum temperature of 3c.

Day 3:

MORNING - A cold start to the day with some developing frost in places under clear skies and no wind. Temperature of 4c.

NOON/AFTERNOON - Predominately clear and calm with the odd shower. Still cold with maximum temperatures of 7c.

EVENING/NIGHT - A cold, crisp night with a widespread frost developing under a potent northerly wind, bringing some showers. Minimum temperature of -4c.

Day 4:

MORNING - A very cold morning with sunshine and wintry showers. Icy surfaces with some accumulitaing snow has forced the Met Office to issue a CODE Yellow warning. Temperature of -1c.

NOON/AFTERNOON - A Cold day with frequent snow showers giving accumilations up to 2cm (though clearing by 2pm). Max temp of 1c.

EVENING/NIGHT -A Bitterly cold evening to begin with clear skies and freezing temperatures. However a massive front from the west brings massive frontal snowfall. Accumilations up to 40cm and Met Office CODE Red Warning. -2c

Day 5:

MORNING - After a cold and snowy start, things begin to bright up with clear skies all around under a pleasant breeze. Temperature of 3c with a slow thaw of lying snow. Avoid travelling.

NOON/AFTERNOON - A fantastic afternoon with clear skies and warm sunshine. Temperatures of 10c with snow depths of less than 20cm.

EVENING/NIGHT - Still clear with temperatures of 3c. Snow depths of less than 10cm.

Day 6:

MORNING - A brief warm front passes over bringing some rain. However fine, clear and warm conditions follow the rain. Snow depths of 5cm and temperatures of 6c.

NOON/AFTERNOON - A pleasant day with temperatures of 16c and little breeze with sunshine. Remaining snow cover dissapearing under warm conditions.

EVENING/NIGHT - A cool night with no breeze. Minimum temperatures of 6c.

Day 7:

MORNING - Another fantastic morning with warm sunshine and temperatures of >13c. A light breeze with little cloud cover.

NOON/AFTERNOON - A warn day with temperatures exceeding 20c and very little wind.

EVENING/NIGHT - A cooler end to the day with temperatures of 13c with continuing sunshine.

A Winter's Tale will issue his 7 day Summer;Autumn; Winter forecast later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

SUMMER

No rain no mosquitoes...blue skies and sunshine +25c

WINTER

No snow no -40c...blue skies and sunshine +5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I came up with summer and winter ones earlier- here's a fantasy spring one. High pressure and southerly winds start off the week, but then after a thundery breakdown, low pressure transfers to Scandinavia giving a potent northerly outbreak, and then high pressure noses in from the west at the end of the week.

Day 1- Hot and sunny, max 25°C, min 11°C

Day 2- Some sunny intervals and some thundery showers, especially in the evening, max 21°C, min 12°C

Day 3- Much colder with sunny intervals and showers, some hail, max 13°C, min 5°C

Day 4- Sunny intervals and wintry showers, some dustings of snow am, max 9°C, min 0°C

Day 5- Sunny intervals and wintry showers with thunder and hail, max 11°C, min 1°C

Day 6- Mostly sunny, just a few scattered showers mainly in the morning, max 13°C, min 2°C

Day 7- Sunny all day, max 16°C, min -1°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

Summer:

It will be a fine day for all, highs of 35'C

Winter:

Snow for the whole country with depths of 10cm or more for the whole country. It will not stop snowing for three weeks

If that happened I would be up all night watching the snow fall to the ground :air_kiss:

Posted

How much can I bend the rules on this one? :whistling:

host-weather-forecast-IN-EUROPE-and-Gulf-10.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Snow from the 1st December until 1st March

Dream on LOL

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

How much can I bend the rules on this one? :whistling:

host-weather-forecast-IN-EUROPE-and-Gulf-10.jpg

i dunno but she can bend my rule anytime :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

I'm going to stick to what's possible for the UK, so although i'd like to see 45C and maybe 25C in winter, i'll stick to what's plausible to happen in the UK

Summer:

Day 1 - Sunny and hot 32C the max and 20C the min (Scotland and northern England stuck with 18C and grey drizzle rofl.gif (ok just joking blush.gif)

Day 2 - Sunny and hotter. Day 39C night 23C

Day 3 - sunny and cooler. Day 31C night 20C

Day 4 - Thunderstorms with torrential downpour after a sunny start. Day 33C night 20C

Day 5 - Thunderstorms in the morning clearing off to give a warm sunny day. Day 26C night 17C

Day 6 - heat builds again, sunny and no clouds. Day 33C Night 20C

Day 7 - Hot and sunny. Day 37C night 22C

So nice and hot with some entertainment in the way of thunderstorms and a cooler day on day 5 to recover. Perfect for me and the nights warm enough to sit outside at midnight in shorts and a t shirt :)

Winter in January:

Day 1 - Bartlett high bringing overcast days with a fair amount of sunshine. Day 15C Night 11C

Day 2 - 20C recorded in UK for first time ever in winter, some sun as well. Day 20C Night 12C

Day 3 - high pressure transfers east to Scandinavia bringing much cooler weather. Day 6C Night 2C

Day 4 - raging easterlies bringing snow overnight. Day -2C Night -8C

Day 5 - snow storms with heavy snow for all of the UK bringing wide accumulations everywhere. Day -2C Night -10C

Day 6 - further heavy snow from the east with monstrous totals, 10cm/hour in the sweet spot. Day -3C Night -13C

Day 7 - high pressure moves over the UK bringing plenty of sunshine and staying cool to protect snow cover. Day 0C night -5C

I love snow in winter but I also get very bored of consistent cold weather even if there is lots of snow as I long for longer summer days with the warmth, so my ideal winter would involve some warm days but heavy snow for the other half

Edited by robthefool

Posted

^^you should go and live in Kansas or Oklahoma, providing you're not scared of tornadoes.

Edited by AderynCoch