Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

19 July 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast, Discussion And Reports

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

+awwr+ radar looks to set those cells that are north of me, SE but just a bit TOO east to hit me! :wallbash: Unless the cells turn more southerly in direction.... Newark looks like it might get hit though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Glad to see 'will it thunder' staying positive....

Posted

Alot of convection here, Cb cells towards the north, and others developing westwards. Ingredients are right at the moment, but if anything is going to happen then it may well take another hour or so. Shall see what happens, but am keeping an eye open, just in case.

Guest Quantumsnow

Time for a drinkies in the sunshine then? :drunk:

hophead.jpg?w=343&h=318

With no work today, it'd be rude not to Coasty! Bottoms up! :drinks:

Some quite dark cloud bases floating by now. Sky has filled up in no time at all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Convection all seems to be sprouting up to the south of Tyne and Wear- there is some cumulus congestus development here but it's rather slow off the mark.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Convection starting to get going here now, after the early start further south in yorkshire its easy to forget its only 12.30 plenty of time yet for things to develop further north

Posted

You are right in the firing line. It is barely 12 o'clock. Have a bit of patience!

:lol: Back to the stuff I posted at the beginning of the day, through the afternoon looks like it will get better with an indicated peak time around 5.30 ish? Have to say all the charts and other indicators/forecasts have been very good in searching out and highlighting the areas of potential today.

Bottoms up! :drinks:

:whistling:

Posted

Had a few cracks of thunder around 11am. Thunderstorm in S25 (dads House) :mellow:

Posted

superb cloudscapes this morning as the convection really got going. Cb(9) even had turrets, at one point, climbing out of the anvil. Some indication how unstable the air mass is. Just a light shower here so far with the main activity appearing to be in an arc Ne through to SE from Doncaster(Cantley).

Posted

Wow a nice increase in the number of showers just to my north west between 12 and 12:15 :), perhaps today will be the day I leave the no storms club, fingers crossed.

Edited by hughsey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Radar blob is so close to me!! But I live in a terraced house and my windows face east and west and I cant see a darned thing out my window that looks like it might be that cell! (and no, I cant go outside cuz I have my slippers and sweats on :rolleyes: ) but its got to be close to me by now. I might rund down to the cellar and get the stepladder and look out my skylite on 3rd floor cuz then I get a 360 view. :D

post-8050-0-85322300-1311075595_thumb.pn

Edited by Crimson_Sprite

Posted

The 00z Watnall shoing why the convection is so deep today in this area and much of central and eastern England.

post-847-0-18103900-1311075728_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

That's weird, i have a thunderstorm headache, but I don't think there's one nearby.

Posted

Heavy rain for the past 20minutes here, with the odd clap of thunder every now and then. Looks like i'll be to far west today once this clears!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

That's weird, i have a thunderstorm headache, but I don't think there's one nearby.

I had one earlier! Could be the atmosphere waiting to go boom :D (not overly optimistic today, like yesterday - that is not to say I'm rubbishing Nick F's forecast just for clarity)

Posted

Meto Surface Forecast showing the trough quite well, and its progression across the UK over the next 48hr so if you don't see anything from today. You're likely to soon.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/surface_pressure.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Thunder at 12:50 preceded by rain coming in from the east before it. Storm now I think overhead and rain now heavy and coming from the west although there is a clearance moving in from the NE!

Rain V V heavy now.....

Posted

Well that was torrential downpour!! Was a river of water flowing down the street the the drains overflowing. Not seen heavy rain like it for a while. Just about stopped now, net-weather radar accumulation has me on 25mm so far today.

Edited by Mark Bayley

Posted

Ive gone outside and still cant see where this rain is to my north. Saying that, I reckon it will miss me anyway and now its deteriorating proper Nottingham style, so if it gets to me, it will be nothing but rain anyhow.... once this thing goes SE, I reckon thats it for me too, as I am on the line of the forming cells, but they all move SE and Im too west......+siiiiiiiggggghhh+

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Few more downpours developing a bit further south now...rogue sferics across the Midlands and NW of London

Posted

Sky now full of ever-developing cells, especially towards N and W (where it is getting darker). Radar showing developments happening almost instantly nearby.

Posted

Here in Newcastle the cloud has really bulked up over the last hour. I'd be stunned if there were not a few flashes of lightning today.

Posted

Just noticed that whilst the surface wind is from the west, cells are moving from NNE, so there is probably a convergence zone developing about 10 miles inland. Could be interesting for places like Caistor.

Edited by nimbus20

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Here in Newcastle the cloud has really bulked up over the last hour. I'd be stunned if there were not a few flashes of lightning today.

Yes same down here a few showers now showing up on the radar lets hope in really gets going further north now.