Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

22 July 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast, Discussion And Reports

ZONE 51

Posted

Sorry girls Coast got side tracked so I was just helping him get back on subject!

If Schafernaker is your think then feel free to post him up. We are all equal.

And Purple be careful what you ask for on here you might get the shock of your life. Now where is my forecasting cardigan gone?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

BBC local weather had 'Thundery Showers' again this morning. I think they just trot that one out now and again to keep us on our toes!

Who is Rachel Mackley BTW?

weather_682_1254690a.jpg

She's been doing our regional forecasts for a number of weeks now...I think she started around the time Kaye Forster (:cray: :cray: :cray:) departed

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Lots of big fluffy clouds here.

Posted

What's with the pictures of the girl?

Identification parade :unsure:

She's been doing our regional forecasts for a number of weeks now...I think she started around the time Kaye Forster (:cray: :cray: :cray:) departed

Kaye's gone to the NW, I caught her on the BBC local programme a few weeks ago while in Blackburn.

Sorry girls Coast got side tracked so I was just helping him get back on subject!

:shok:

It's a slow weather day!!!! :lol:

(quickly adds something to kid people he's back on topic)

Rdtlmetd.gif

Anybody got any convective activity so far?????? :whistling:

Posted

lol! you guys make me giggle!!!!

arghhh! im getting angsty!!! i want a storm damn it!!!!! :girl_devil:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Girls Girls Girls (there's a song there somewhere) and Guys.

It's clouded over here now in Newbury, so hopefully with a bit of lady luck, you never know what might occur of the squally mass out west.

According to Blitzortung sferics have recently been detected out that way. :drinks::yahoo:

My current conditions as of 2pm, AirTemp 16.8c, DP 12.8c (has been up to 13.9c) and I am sitting under 40 cape, which is slowly increasing and 3.6 lifted index, slowly decreasing, thanks to the NW radar for this info.

So some of the necessary trends are there :acute: but personally I'm not happy with the way it's clouded over here which may well inhibit much convection? Maybe, maybe not?

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Identification parade :unsure:

Its good to know local weather forecasters by face.whistling.gif

Clouding over here atm.

On the radar every shower seems to making its way towards London

Edited by Biggin

Posted

Moderate shower to my North over Telford, not sure if its electrical as got loud music on lol. Have been watching some scud try to form into a funnel but all came to nothing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, stormy summers and snowy winters please.

Girls Girls Girls (there's a song there somewhere)

Motley Crue

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Some pretty heavy showers developing now over the west midlands....I'm under one atm, quite heavy, steady rain, probably developing along an area of local low level convergence....No electrical activity & not really expecting any, but worth keeping an eye on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

Could be some rumblings in Silicon Valley, later on? :blush:

:lol: Most definitely

Posted

Looking on the radar to my West I can see a cluster of showers that look to clip here. Some decent rainfall in that cluster too by the looks of things.

Sky to West very dark ! and now looks more like its coming head-on. Gone quite muggy here.

Edited by Stormraider

Posted

Still looking very good for the SE according to the met

Today:

Many places will have a largely dry and bright day, with some sunny spells, especially this morning. A few light showers will occur, but it is not until late afternoon that showers quickly become more widespread and also occasionally heavy. Maximum temperature 22 °C.

Tonight:

Scattered heavy, and perhaps thundery, showers at first, especially across Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire. Overnight showers will merge into areas of heavy rain, particularly affecting London, Kent, Surrey, and East Sussex. Minimum temperature 10 °C.

It seems they think the showers will start all of a sudden which I hope they do as on the radar it seems very dry, although the clouscapes are pretty big.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Girls girls girls by Sailor.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Oi enough with the postings of pictures please. We have seen enough weather charts now bring on some more nice weather presenters. Google these or oogle??

Just scroll down to bottom of links for Look North biography to see photos

Edited by paul m

Posted

:doh: What have I started ?!!!

Here we go, a dedicated thread!

Posted

Heavy showers over Coventry:

http://www.bablakeweather.co.uk/

This cam is near the city centre viewing SE

http://www.draycotewater.co.uk/html/weather_cam.html

This cam views NW towards Coventry some 10 miles away.

Posted

Will the stuff over Birmingham reach london and will it intensify at all???:cc_confused:::cc_confused:

Edited by Weather wizard

Posted

Will the stuff over Birmingham reach london and will it intensify at all???:cc_confused:::cc_confused:

I guess it will. They are on the same very slow moving trough that was over me this morning.

As well as more rapidly developing to the SE of the trough during this evening.

Posted

Heavy prolonged showers + something I`ve not seen before a small whirlwind hitting the ground while raining,must of been around 20-25mph winds and it hit me full on while in a hay field,there was no thunder,but otherwise it was very dark cumulus.

Could see the wind firstly coming from the east hitting the hedge then rapidly from the west to start.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Well, I still live in hope that forecasts for some of the folk in the southeast tonight verify, but will others get lucky, also?

The latest 1810 radar grabs attached, courtesy of NW show the best levels for CAPE and LIFTED INDEX to be the southeast, good luck guys!

post-7183-0-22202500-1311355899_thumb.gipost-7183-0-07961700-1311355916_thumb.gi

The sun is shining well here and judging by the direction of the showers, they should hit my region from the NW come 2030hrs or thereabouts and gradually penetrate southeastwards. :good:

Still only a moderate hope of something electrical but at least there's a chance.

Stormy Regards

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Have a pretty big shower developing North ofmy location, not moving anywhere fast, just waiting for it to head Southwards to me :p