Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3rd Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discusion And Reports

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, stormy summers and snowy winters please.

Nice flash to the south and now the rain has started.

Just a couple of hours until it is dark and hopefully the storms/lightning will still be around by then. Keeping things crossed.

Posted

Well either it's me or the Heathrow METAR is screwed lol! http://en.allmetsat....e.php?icao=EGLL

Not sure what you are getting at to be honest. Im approx 14 miles north of Heathrow and those stats reflect almost exactly what Im getting here.

Posted

Just witnessed a CB go up and an anvil form all in the space of 15 minutes, it's to the northeast.......most excited i've been all day even though I know it won't affect here it's nice to see.

seen the same one from wigan , it looks so near yet so far ,was tempted to jump in the car and chase but feared it may weaken by the time I get to it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

seen the same one from wigan , it looks so near yet so far ,was tempted to jump in the car and chase but feared it may weaken by the time I get to it

over the Buxton area, can see it from here,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Not sure what you are getting at to be honest. Im approx 14 miles north of Heathrow and those stats reflect almost exactly what Im getting here.

METAR will cover only the Aerodrome Traffic Zone, which is 2.5nms radius - it won't cover 15 miles north of the airfield.

Picture from my apartment, showing westbound which is towards Heathrow (Note the a/c on the ILS heading 270* dergrees for Runway 27L

363599510.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1312401653&Signature=D3gyz%2Bf76rmjUf5A2KkFRSLxEHk%3D

Posted

So close yet so far away would be a good way to describe today. Places ten miles away have got multiple storms, whilst I've not had a single rumble.

It's just the way it goes sometimes. Hopefully, Sunday will be my turn.

Posted

I'm 1m south east of LHR - can see the planes once they get to 400m or so - theres a strip of chunky mackerelish stuff, and big clouds way off to north east - will report back one mutts walked, can get a better view off to the north from the park, view here obstructed by houses somewhat in that direction - a fair breeze has got up now, enough to take the humidity down a touch, thank god!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

D'you recon we will see anything Sunday? :D

Im going to say No because it seems one of those set ups where the West Breeds and the East then enjoys our creation.

But theres plenty of time for change and the 12z shows great potential but im not a fan of these set ups however winds may be South to South Westerly which is better than pure Westerly's by a mile.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Closest strike of the year so far - a CG just to my north. I'd estimate about 1/2 - 3/4 of a mile away.

Posted

Lovely golden-colored CB East of here, managed to get a few snaps as were in the clear slot atm, quite a beast and showing off its colors proudly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Some beautiful colours over the North Sea from some congestus, also some cunims to my south. Was explosive earlier, saw a tower go up around 7.00 and the next minute it was an anvil. No thunder heard but had the odd shower around 6pm not far off Sedgefield.

Posted

METAR will cover only the Aerodrome Traffic Zone, which is 2.5nms radius - it won't cover 15 miles north of the airfield.

Picture from my apartment, showing westbound which is towards Heathrow (Note the a/c on the ILS heading 270* dergrees for Runway 27L

363599510.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1312401653&Signature=D3gyz%2Bf76rmjUf5A2KkFRSLxEHk%3D

But I still cant see the point you are trying to make. Sorry but you will have to spell it out for thickos like me !! And really, Im not being facetious, seriously I want to know what it is your saying re the current weather and the Metar.

Edited by Bluebreezer54

Posted

That's it for today folks, what's around will likely linger or dissipate into the evening hours. To be followed along by the front out West now starting to show signs of precip buildup as its approaching the Welsh coast.

That's it for today folks, what's around will likely linger or dissipate into the evening hours. To be followed along by the front out West now starting to show signs of precip buildup as its approaching the Welsh coast.

This is going to soak the south!! Soggy south tomorrow! Wind picked up a bit here too..Cooling the house down nicely XD

Posted

Here comes the cloud marching East past Yeovil, Somerset up from Deven way! I think ive seen this scene in an alien movie? :lol:

post-15403-0-90949300-1312401835_thumb.j

Edited by Raytheon

Posted

Viewed about 7:30pm from Amblecote in Stourbridge looking north. I'm guessing this anvil was in the Peak District. When this photo was taken, we had just returned from there from a day out! Should have stayed up there a couple of hours more! Looked impressive from here though.

post-6826-0-84016800-1312403176_thumb.jp

Posted

Is that it for today then or will there be some storms into the night *fingers crossed so hard for night storms its difficult to type* :pardon:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

A funny old day!...Went to work in Chpping Norton then Moreton-in-Marsh....Travelled down the A46 towards Evesham first off, noticed nice TCu development over the Cotswolds, then picked up the A44 towards Oxford, a couple of Anvils went up towards Woodstock, but convection had died by mid-afternoon as convective energy slid eastwards...Started the journey home around 8pm and noticed a line of towers/anvils stretching up from my SE all the ways up somewhere east & north of Birmingham, yet when I get home (20 mins ago) and checked the radar, there are no echoes for that line, and no sferics on the lightning overlay...most odd! :cc_confused:

Posted

All i'm gonna say is that was AMAZING!!!! :yahoo:

Pics coming soon! Been out for 3 hours!!!

Well done mother nature! :clap:

Posted

Viewed about 7:30pm from Amblecote in Stourbridge looking north. I'm guessing this anvil was in the Peak District. When this photo was taken, we had just returned from there from a day out! Should have stayed up there a couple of hours more! Looked impressive from here though.

I saw a few of those North of me - in the Essex direction and further North from there... Sadly nowt for my area this evening though :(

Edited by snow raven