Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3rd Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discusion And Reports

Posted

I know tomorrows rain is not going to be thundery..But looking at it ..Going to be very wet across the south east..inch and a half of rain in some places..With the ground so dry and heavy rain in a short time could lead to some flash flooding??

Flash flooding is likely today and tomorrow by the looks of things. Nick F mentioned in his earlier post that there is a high amount of precipitable (sp?) moisture in the air.

Posted

I know tomorrows rain is not going to be thundery..But looking at it ..Going to be very wet across the south east..inch and a half of rain in some places..With the ground so dry and heavy rain in a short time could lead to some flash flooding??

Wouldn't mind that here! The ground is rock hard and cracking! Haven't seen any green grass either!

Oh and good luck to all you chasing, I expect some pictures so I can hold my laptop screen up and pretend that there in my backgarden .D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Some fairly tasty temps already in the 'sweet spot':

http://www.netweathe...daily;type=maxt

I feel that the same as yesterday that my area will be the provider rather than the benefactor with the steering winds from the south/south west. We have some comparable temps with this time yesterday according to my local weather station. If anything the humidity and dew points are higher:

http://www.thatcham-weather.info/

Joneseye, you posted at the exact same time. :crazy:

Did you hear a Thunderclap yesterday, my brother reported one locally at Greenham approx. 5.30pm just before which I hit the local downs, typical. :nonono:

Thundery Regards

gottolovethisweather

Flash flooding is likely today and tomorrow by the looks of things. Nick F mentioned in his earlier post that there is a high amount of precipitable (sp?) moisture in the air.

Yeh I think so too, if those showers and possible t storms get going, its very very hot here already..The ground is very very hard, we do need the rain

Posted

Joneseye, you posted at the exact same time. :crazy:

Did you hear a Thunderclap yesterday, my brother reported one locally at Greenham approx. 5.30pm just before which I hit the local downs, typical. :nonono:

Thundery Regards

gottolovethisweather

I missed it as I was getting my barnet cut! we had a brief shower. As is usual the showers split either side of Newbs and we missed the heavier bursts..

Posted

Starts in the SW later tonight:

gfs_pw_eur21.png

gfs_pw_eur30.png

Posted

well im off down near bognor today for a 10 day break! Bet you just as i settle in my holiday home i find out that North Kent got a nice storm and i missed it! lol!

Posted

well im off down near bognor today for a 10 day break! Bet you just as i settle in my holiday home i find out that North Kent got a nice storm and i missed it! lol!

50/50 at best for NW Kent. Although, cloud is breaking up quicker than expected, so ....

GFS now has precipitation slightly further East and ever so slightly further south,

post-5986-0-46986100-1312363999_thumb.gi

Clutching at straws ... :nonono:

Posted

Although nothing on the radar, theres now some large cauliflower structures building out to my west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Morning Everyone.

Hopefully I can grab a storm today, So fingers crossed.

Feeling muggy but the sky isn't as clear as i would like it to be its a bit hazy but there is Altocumulus present.

EDIT: Raging Planet: Lightning will be on Discovery +1 at 11am! so if you dont get any real lightning you can watch that haha.

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted

A storm or even just rain later is going to be most welcome I guess:

UKdewpoint.jpg

Posted

I dont think you will miss anything tbh - Would rate NW Kent at about 15% today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I'm going to be working in the Chipping Norton/Oxford area again today, just to the east of the Cotswolds....Looks rather promising in that region.....Must remember to take my camera!

Posted

Oh lucky you! I live just up the road in Chichester, I don't think we will see anything today which in some respects I am pleased about because this afternoon I am playing with Sussex Fire and Rescue and a 17meter carbon fibre pole!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

25.6C already here and it feels very uncomfortable. Dew point at 17C. Looking forward to watching how things develop later.

The main action should be east of here, but i'm hopeful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

NW forecast teasing me with lightning icons for London, both this afternoon and tomorrow.

Am very disappointed to say the least that nothing is anticipated here.

The latest run on ECMWF/GFS for next week is also horrific!

Good luck to all of you further north of here as its ramping up to be a pretty decent day for you chaps.

Edited by Harry

Posted

I'm going to be working in the Chipping Norton/Oxford area again today, just to the east of the Cotswolds....Looks rather promising in that region.....Must remember to take my camera!

Fancy pickin me up on the way. :D

Posted

What would you rate Chesterfield at?

Don't think they'll beat Tranmere on Saturday....... :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

thundery sunset would be nice today, clear sky atm so good chance of trigger temps being reached

Posted

Don't think they'll beat Tranmere on Saturday....... :whistling:

Haha, probably not. :whistling:

Sorry, I'm just getting that edgy feeling ahead of a day with storm potential.I know our chances are alright, not as large as areas further east but a decent chance of a storm either way. I just often don't believe in my own judgement. :lol:

Edited by IAmJohnnyDisco

Posted

25.6C already here and it feels very uncomfortable. Dew point at 17C. Looking forward to watching how things develop later.

The main action should be east of here, but i'm hopeful.

Hi Will

You chasing today Mate ?? A little jaunt east for you and you should be in the sweet spot

What would you rate Chesterfield at?

Not had a look yet at Further North, You have a better chance than North Kent though :whistling:

If you can travel then again a Jaunt East or South East and you should be in the action :drinks: