Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Oregon Scientific Wmr100na

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

I wouldnt change the temperature 'live' in your software, but rather do an adjustment in your records if its been a sunny day. So for example on a very sunny day if you had a max temp of 24C and min of 12C, take 2C off when you record the temperature (so 22C/12C). On the other hand, if its been overcast and had a max of 18C with little solar radiation, then leave it be. Its very crude though, I wouldnt really recommend it. Humidity is a tricky beast, Id be tempted to leave it be. The problem with a blanket adjustment is that your sensor might not necessarily be out by the same amount throughout its range. You could end up pushing it even further out quite easily. Plus if you're so determined to have your results match other sites then it sort of defeats the point of having your own station.

At the end of the day though you're recording the temperature in your garden which is actually warmer than sites nearby. No amount of tinkering will change that fact unfortunately. Id concentrate on finding the absolute best location for the sensor and shield it as best as possible from solar radiation. Most of us have to do this, unless you're lucky enough to have a massive garden that is!

Its above the temp on a night anyways normally so ill see how it works and see if it gives constantish readings and I dont keep records? That is my best location I think however I am going to try and move it below the level of the wall instead of above as that will mean its shaded more

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Is that a good idea?