Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

6th Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecasts, Discussion And Reports

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Some storms edging north. Some quite large towers south of me and over the sea :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The thing is we didn't do well at the start?

Well some of us did although not everyone of course. Its the same for the East...not everyone has had storms. But certainly over the last few years most of my storms have come in May-June.

Its looking like the Midlands will stay dry tomorrow now sadly.

Posted

Your time will come bud

Yeah I know, it's just de demoralising seeing people getting storm after storm, I think Paul-Michael has had about 10 now? It's not just that, it's that in the winter were snowless. I'm glad you've had a storm though :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

A couple of hefty downpours in the past couple of hours, sadly no thunder though....Looks like some decaying welsh nonsense about to cross the border into the west midlands...who knows, maybe it'll do a 'May 9th Special'......somehow, I doubt it...lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A couple of hefty downpours in the past couple of hours, sadly no thunder though....Looks like some decaying welsh nonsense about to cross the border into the west midlands...who knows, maybe it'll do a 'May 9th Special'......somehow, I doubt it...lol

Yes just the leftovers from Wales approaching now. What are your views on tomorrow? GFS and NMM show great potential but refusing to break out any showers etc.

Posted

God just came roud my house and said the pathetic left overs from Wales are going to turn into supercells...

God just came roud my house and said the pathetic left overs from Wales are going to turn into supercells...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Yes just the leftovers from Wales approaching now. What are your views on tomorrow? GFS and NMM show great potential but refusing to break out any showers etc.

The FAX goes with the NMM and shows a trough moving into the SW tomorrow focusing showery activity in that area, the FAX though does show an Occlusion straddling through the midlands, meaning plenty of cloud cover, I reckon it's this occlusion that's making the NMM & GFS shy away from marked convection in our area as if cloudy, it will inhibit convection...Apart from that, as you say, the parameters are pretty good, plenty of convective energy & lift, a cold pool of air pushing in from the west steepening lapse rates...Still, will be watching the skies/radar with interest tomorrow afternoon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

I think the worst is now over for Northern England all pushing into Scotland now where it will stall for a number of hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Storms have died again as they moved east.

I think the worst is now over for Northern England all pushing into Scotland now where it will stall for a number of hours.

I agree, mainly just the odd shower now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

its went really dark here and its peeing down

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

A couple of showers over london? any sferics?

Posted

I got a question about airport data,How do airports gather there weather data so they can forecasts for the coming days?The reason i ask is earliar Bristol airport was going for cloudy periods but i just checked and there now going for thunderstorms tonight tomorrow and tomorrow night,Got me a little interested now with the sudden change in forecast.

Posted

I dont blame you! :lol:

I seem to have observed over the last few years the West does very well early on in the season then its the East that steals the show from July onwards. Seems to be the same again this year.

Whilst central areas get nothing? I've not had an overhead storm for around three years. This year it's been a case of distant rumbles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

having a torrential downpour at the moment, the first rain today. No thunder yet though. Could see the clouds coming in, the sky looked a strange pink cullor.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Fantastic thunderstorm this morning, such heavy rain I haven't seen in a long time! Frequent thunder and lightning too, some of the lightning must have been very close considering how loud it was, the house shook! A great way to wake up I must say :D

Edited by James M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

just had another torrential downpour, there's some active little cells out there now. Wouldn't be surprised if they started to become electrical soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Thought I heard thunder but I think it could of been fireworks grr if it isent fireworks its usually wheelie bins grr raining here on and off.tomorrow looking good anyway. Was hoping to see a storm today in caravan.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

was very heavy rain here around 20 mins ago. Could hear it while inside

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Very heavy rain here this afternoon at around half 5. Very gusty! Lovely to watch!