Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

6th Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecasts, Discussion And Reports

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

WOW this is amazing absolute monsoon an frequen cracks of thunder a bolt of lightening just narrowly missed my house and the road is a stream!

Only joking this is Lichfield...

:clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

The Heavens have well and truly opened now this is an immense storm.

I have my beady eye well and truly on that one Gavin as it is on it's way up to me :whistling:

Posted

I have my beady eye well and truly on that one Gavin as it is on it's way up to me :whistling:

This is like a tropical storm in Darlington, not seen owt like this for years, window rattling thunder, sky renting lightning, monsoon rain, a little scary as I said before!!! yahoo.gif

Posted

This is like a tropical storm in Darlington, not seen owt like this for years, window rattling thunder, sky renting lightning, monsoon rain, a little scary as I said before!!! yahoo.gif

The gutters cant cope, this rain is like 23rd/24th June 2007 wallbash.gif

The gutters cant cope, this rain is like 23rd/24th June 2007 wallbash.gif

Posted

UKWW reporting intense storms in the teeside areas and a rash of storm sferics moving from the Humber up to the NE. This is looking like a veryinteresting day. Sky here turning a shade of black now just need them to keep intensifying! :drinks:

Edited by Paul-Michael

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Wow, looks like your getting a good show up north. Thought it was our turn in the south west, but it looks like all the action is to the north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Widespread flooding in my area now, the road is flooded, the patio is under water and it's still tipping down.

Posted

Just heard my first rumble of thunder today and probably won't be the last.:clap:

Big flash of lightning,big rumble.:clap:

Edited by Cloud 10

Posted

Wow, looks like your getting a good show up north. Thought it was our turn in the south west, but it looks like all the action is to the north.

You aren't wrong, I thought it was moving off, just had another CG with thunder 2 secs later drinks.gif I was going to get the power tools out, will give it a miss, the dog is very calm considering the rattling the house has had rolleyes.gif more thunder, rain intensifying again, this is flood material and I live 50 ft from a river unsure.gif aplogies for duplicate posts, cable broadband mustn't like the storm. p.s. loads of sirens out there now on main road south from town

Posted

I don't think the system will be making into Edinburgh by the time the Rugby ends, the northern quadrant is just fringing on the Citys edge but its something to keep a eye on flicking through the sports channels incase something crops up within the next 80 mins.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

You aren't wrong, I thought it was moving off, just had another CG with thunder 2 secs later drinks.gif I was going to get the power tools out, will give it a miss, the dog is very calm considering the rattling the house has had rolleyes.gif more thunder, rain intensifying again, this is flood material and I live 50 ft from a river unsure.gif aplogies for duplicate posts, cable broadband mustn't like the storm. p.s. loads of sirens out there now on main road south from town

Sounds bad Mark, I love a good thunder storm as long as I don't get flooded or house hit by lightning.

Stay safe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

We have freesat in the front room and virgin media in the back, and so far we've lost the connection to freesat, i hope the cable stays on with soccer Saturday been back now,

Rain is still tipping it down emergency sirens all over the place, Yarm road in the town is Flooded, I'm guessing the roads under North Road Railway Bridge and Parkgate are flooded to as they are both on an incline.

Edited by Gavin D

Posted

Lightning and thunder in Durham city

I wonder if this storm isnt showing up, Isle of Wight weather was showing storm J612 moving north but they now have it sat over York, a failing in the boltek readings?n It don't do bad for 300 miles away! More lightning in Darlington just now? Didnt hear thunder

Posted

I wonder if this storm isnt showing up, Isle of Wight weather was showing storm J612 moving north but they now have it sat over York, a failing in the boltek readings?n It don't do bad for 300 miles away! More lightning in Darlington just now? Didnt hear thunder

Me and my big mouth! An absolute belter just there. If was a child I'd be crying by now, this is a big one and no mistake drinks.gif

Posted

There's a big surprise :rolleyes: We had some bubbly cumulus building earlier but it suddenly turned cloudy and they flattened out. Currently 'convective junk' with some cumulus and a lot of spread out mid-level stuff. It better get it's act together fast if much is going to happen here.

Tomorrow all the heavy showers/storms nearly always avoid my area in the wind direction predicted and cluster further north on the SW peninsula.

I'm beginning to think now that this may be a summer without even a single rumble of thunder here, something that some of the recent shocking years managed to avoid. [whinge over]

Posted

Thunder heard to my south now distant but thunder all the same!! :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

A little more convection around Brum.. compared to earlier

Keeping an eye on the cells coming in from Wales, which seem to be holding their intensity...

Fingers crossed :pardon: