Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

6th Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecasts, Discussion And Reports

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Frequent thunder now sky becoming dark and stormy looking..

Posted

Still waiting for any sign of a storm here in west middlands, I'm going to have a mini rant here. I'm absolutely sik and tired if the NE having a flipping storm fest, the best thing mist if us middlanders have had is dome rain falling at about 8mm/per hour and looking who's getting it again, the freaking NE! Oh and who will get the best snow in winter.... ummm the NE?

Hi Staffordshire, its funny but Tyneside and Northumberland, 40+ miles north of me have had loads of storms this year, whereas we have had er, one! Its been central NE England thats had all the fun! Until today that is whistling.gif

Posted

It's okay for you, you're getting exciting weather, it's been cloudy here for the past fortnight, and haven't had storms in some parts of wmids for 5years! Jane louise being one of them, don't really think you understand our frustration.. and to top it all of tommorow isn't looking tht promising anymore :(.

Posted

Lightning frequency getting shorter now and thunder becoming more frequent. Does anyone know what is projected for the NE this afternoon?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

What is showing Gavin? Thunder heard in the Washington area actually as I am typing lightning now! Deep boom of thunder :drinks:

The rain will get much heavier and prolonged as we head into early evening and only slowly moving out of Northern England pushing into Northumberland and then Scotland where it will last for much of tomorrow.

Posted

It's okay for you, you're getting exciting weather, it's been cloudy here for the past fortnight, and haven't had storms in some parts of wmids for 5years! Jane louise being one of them, don't really think you understand our frustration.. and to top it all of tommorow isn't looking tht promising anymore :(.

I think everyone is aware of your frustration.!!!

As your signature says,the weather always pays its debts. :)

Posted

The rain will get much heavier and prolonged as we head into early evening and only slowly moving out of Northern England pushing into Northumberland and then Scotland where it will last for much of tomorrow.

So the flooding will be a real issue for prone areas then. Nice storms though for now :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Thundering again in Darlington and rain getting heavier? unknw.gif

Seems to be getting heavier again, it didn't ease up for long.

Posted

I think everyone is aware of your frustration.!!!

As your signature says,the weather always pays its debts. :)

aha yeah sorry, think I'm going tonfeast out on chicken dippers and watch the rugby, and I don't think that applys to this part of the country theese past 2 or 3 years :(

Posted

North of York we have had lightning & thunder and rain (heavy on and off) for about 3 hours. I think its about done now, with light rain and brightening skies. We also had a storm at 7am.. Been very active day here so far.

Edited by WS Evolution

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Is there anyone able to give an update on the potential (or lack of potential) for later today & tomorrow down here?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Localized flooding in and around York, not seen too much in the way of lightning but have had thunder on and off since half 7 this morning. Not sure if this has been posted but there was a Tornado in York apparently on Wednesday. Was in the area at the time but didn't see anything.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/9181983.Tornado_causes____50_000_damage_at_Dunnington/

Edited by vizzy2004

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Wish I was back home now in Stanley!

When I moved to Nottingham I thought my storm chances would increase, but I'm gutted I'm missing out on the storms up north today.

Looks like really intense rainfall got to be plenty of minor flooding but looking worse further north for tonight and tomorrow.

I all makes for very interesting radar watching!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Its been a particularly bad year for storms down here, as you say not even a sniff of a rumble or flash of lightning. The previous 4yrs were bad enough, but at least I seen a distant flash of lightning & heard a few distant rumbles.

I wonder whats caused the sudden drop in convective weather in this part of the country!

Agree!, it's been rather poor for the south east aswell( this does not include london )

Posted

There's a line of flanking cells situated close to the SSL axis that are starting to make their way inroads over Wales and Merseyside currently. Nothing in the way of intense precip, or even sferics but just a small shining 'light at the end of the tunnel' for those desperately wanting to see some convection in the Northwest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

I'm so glad you said that Snow joke, I'm getting desperet here.

Posted

I'm so glad you said that Snow joke, I'm getting desperet here.

Another storm just started in Darlington, loud thunder and more torrential rain, I hope that river isn't filling too much

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Its been a particularly bad year for storms down here, as you say not even a sniff of a rumble or flash of lightning. The previous 4yrs were bad enough, but at least I seen a distant flash of lightning & heard a few distant rumbles.

I wonder whats caused the sudden drop in convective weather in this part of the country!

Quite right. The last good year was 2006 with in excess of 20 thunderstorms, then 2007 saw a marked drop. 2008 wasn't too bad as thunder activity was spaced throughout the year but since then - hardly anything at all!

We used to always get good storms at the end of heatwaves and in unstable rPm airmasses.

Posted

Thunder becoming nmore frequent again here, rain is very light though..

Edited by Paul-Michael

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

So much for people (falesly) claiming the South East get all the storms! The North East has had the best of it this year.

Edited by Lauren