Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

7th Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discussion And Report

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Really nice here at the moment, Sun out and blue skies but cloud surrounds me in a circle haha. It better not stay like that if things do keep developing as they are :p

Posted

So black towards the west of here. Excellent convection so far today. Fingers crossed something will happen my neck of the woods.

Posted

Had an unexpected crack of thunder about 10 minutes ago from a shower with the main bit passing just to my north while I was (typically) on the loo. :lol:

Most of the action is to my north now as expected, but there's lots of interesting stuff on the radar with the area where I may have placed myself if I had a car having repeated downpours and T-storms! Also the stuff out west looks exciting, hopefully it can make it here.

It's odd how this shower was smaller and less heavy than yesterdays downpour that hit me dead on at 4pm. At least this summer has managed a single rumble of thunder now!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Afternoon all, been quite a mixed day here, still no sferics but I suspect the SW will be the breeding ground and we're gonna get wacked later. Only one heavy shower to report so far!

Posted

To my N blue sky,To my S WOW really black sky!!!could this be it.

I can see the dark clouds slowly towering up to my South in the Bristol direction, radar looks interesting for later to!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Got the wrap around giving me dregs of rain and damp up here; nothing dramatic as yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

As usual I am in the gap with the showers either going to my north or south, but never over me lol bad times :wallbash:

Really hope that changes!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

If the clouds are reading this we would like a storm please. Not exactly warm and humid like thursday so im not going to get my hopes up, That stuff out to sea really does look interesting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

thunder and lighting currently right over head.....exciting although the cats wouldnt agree!

Posted

Can someone post the latest radar output please, it's fegged up :(

These images are as of 14:15- 14:30. All steadily moving E/NE. Red crosses show where lightning has been detected by Sat24. The stuff SW of Cornwall looks interesting if it develops more!

post-15172-0-33541100-1312724875_thumb.p

post-15172-0-68721500-1312724913_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Another very distant rumble of thunder to the north this time - over Bristol? It came from the shower that just passed over. Sun now out again but another cb hot on its heels.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Another day and no storms in the south east(kent) :wallbash:

Posted

A few more distant rumbles here, haven't seen any lightning yet though. Must have had 5 heavy showers today now.

Posted

Another very distant rumble of thunder to the north this time - over Bristol? It came from the shower that just passed over. Sun now out again but another cb hot on its heels.

I have dark clouds approaching from Bristol but havent heard anything yet or had any rain. I have a feeling I'm just a little too far North to catch it and it always seems to weaken if it travels north of Bristol!

Posted

Lots of very nice CB's which are growing. Seems it's gonna be isolated but my area is showing potential this evening. Waiting game I spose!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

What's a cb? Sorry to be a novice :(

CB radio, no seriously it's Cumulonimbus, or a storm cloud, elevated through convection.