Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

7th Aug 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discussion And Report

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Thunder here now in Newbury, one clap heard and probably more to come.

CB (cumulonimbus) clouds right overhead I would say, so here's hoping it continues to develop.

At last, come parts of the south are getting some action!

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Posted

Just seen two lightning strikes from the cell to my N/NE! It's been slowly intensifying, so heads up anyone in it's path.

Edited by Godot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Picking up sferics on my radio now, it usually indicates lightning within a 10 mile radius. Nothing to report just yet but the clouds are darkening with a stream heading my way from Wiltshire!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A lovely sounding thunderstorm probably only 5-10 miles east of here throwing out constant deep rumbles but nothing here! Very frustrating but sounds like a good'ne.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

If it had a tiny bit more of a northerly path, stuff would be hitting me..but so far it looks like its got a bit too much of an easterly path and staying on the south/SE side of Bristol and continues NE. Im literally on the edge of the cloud line. Dark clouds to my south, blue sky to my north and its all moving east.

Dont let me down Mother Nature. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
:lazy: Nothing to see here...Roll on Autumn :lazy:

Posted

If it had a tiny bit more of a northerly path, stuff would be hitting me..but so far it looks like its got a bit too much of an easterly path and staying on the south/SE side of Bristol and continues NE. Im literally on the edge of the cloud line. Dark clouds to my south, blue sky to my north and its all moving east.

Dont let me down Mother Nature. :p

Same here! So close that the rain is falling from the edge of it, yet so far that the sun is trying to come out at the same time. No more thunder heard now.

Come on!

Posted

Just had my first rumble of thunder of the year!!! (except for the ones I missed last night) It seems like it came from the rain over the River Severn East of me above the Severn crossings.

And rain has just started to chuck it down. :) Also it seems to be developing as it heads NE.

Edited by Bugganuts

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Had a great thunderstorm in Welly.No lightning but really heavy runmbles of thunder.It keeps stopping and then starting up again.The sun is out but more really big black clouds are forming once again.The dog was really upset and is still shaking.Oh and the rain was very heavy too.

Edited by littlemissy

Posted

First storm of the year here too!

Five or six flashes and loud thunder, about a mile away or so.Torrential rain for 20mins now easing. Quite a band of showers/storms moving ENE now.

More to come perhaps?

Posted

Very dark out to my west, looking towards the Frome area. Bright here now. Just had a few rumbles so far today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Doing my crossword now.

Oh here's an interesting clue. 2 down....type of thunderstorm seen over East Wales in 2011 (4 letters)...I've got it! NONE.

Posted

:lazy: Nothing to see here...Roll on Autumn :lazy:

Exactly, I have given up now, no thunder and lightning here since late spring but at least we got some then.

Most of June and all july produced nothing, its been the same the last few years , somethings changed.

years ago it would have been unheard of to have no thunder in the main summer months here, but now its the norm unfortunately

Oh but we get the boring moderate rain and drizzle for sure, this has to be the most boring place in the world for weather events

Edited by IanR

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

A lovely sounding thunderstorm probably only 5-10 miles east of here throwing out constant deep rumbles but nothing here! Very frustrating but sounds like a good'ne.

Saw that storm travelling up the Severn, Weston and surrounding areas just missed out. I was up at Bristol Airport & could see the storm going up the Severn & also see a storm pass too the east over the Mendips. Nothing I could see heading towards Weston though.

Looks like another near miss again.

Posted

Had a great thunderstorm in Welly.No lightning but really heavy runmbles of thunder.It keeps stopping and then starting up again.The sun is out but more really big black clouds are forming once again.The dog was really upset and is still shaking.Oh and the rain was very heavy too.

Feel free to send it up here as nothing is happening at the moment. :)

Posted

Well that small storm moved through quickly and is now heading NE towards Stroud maybe? Brightening up here now. I had around 4-5 loud rumbles of thunder but no lightning. Seems to be more in line coming in from the Bristol channel aiming right for me...hopefully it keeps developing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

Yet again North Wales misses out on all the action.....although a few bold cumulus clouds and distant Cumulonimbus towards Ireland nothing has developed here. Summer seems to get worse and worse! :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Well that small storm moved through quickly and is now heading NE towards Stroud maybe? Brightening up here now. I had around 4-5 loud rumbles of thunder but no lightning. Seems to be more in line coming in from the Bristol channel aiming right for me...hopefully it keeps developing.

I've noticed that the storms that come up the channel weaken as the get to the narrowing just before Weston & Cardiff. Not sure why, maybe something to do with the Brecons the sea & the Mendips.

Anyway, looks like the best action is too the south & east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather

sorry to all those who missed out.The storm around here seems to have stopped and we have bright skies once again.Although the sun has just disappeared lol.More clouds developing .But not sure if we will get anymore thunder out of them.We will see.