Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Major Hurricane Katia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Katia has not weakened any further and remains an 80kt hurricane as it swings northwards. A northeastward turn will begin soon. Convection is becoming more shallow in relation to Katia, but the hurricane still retains a tight inner core which of course go on to become the powerful extratropical system we are all keeping an eye on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Well once again my plans have been thwarted by a hurricane. My boat trip yesterday was cancelled because of the size of the waves being created by Hurricane Katia. At least some people managed to get some fun from those waves.

post-2466-0-34495900-1315572338_thumb.jp

Tom

Edited by Tom Lynch

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Well once again my plans have been thwarted by a hurricane. My boat trip yesterday was cancelled because of the size of the waves being created by Hurricane Katia. At least some people managed to get some fun from those waves.

Tom

If you are in England then they are not from Katia (still near the USA east coast).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Tom

Those waves are about half the size of the usual waves from the Atlantic in Cornwall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Katia remains an impressive hurricane. Intensity has fallen slightly to 75kts, but the hurricane still maintains a rugged eye surrounded by modestly deep convection and banding. Strong shear and cooler water should force Katia to make the transition into an extratropical storm in about 24hrs time. Current predicitions still favour the extratropical remnant of Katia to race across the North Atlantic and deliver storm force winds to northern Britain by monday.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

he's in the usa at the moment.

Eye but just the normal run of the mill waves though.