Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Christmas Weather 2011 - A White One Or Not?

Stuart

Christmas Day Weather  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How Hot Will it Get?

• 11C
    • 12C
    • 13C
    • 14C
    • 15C
    • Record Breaker
  2. 2. Where Will the Mildest Temperature be?

• Scotland
    • England
    • Wales
    • Northern Ireland
  3. 3. Will You Be Having a BBQ this Xmas

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Will it be a white one anywhere?

• Yes
    • No

Posted

Sorry I'm a noob when it comes to charts but is there really a site that has these charts alway out to December? Do you have a link please and thanks to so I can look at them?

hi

welcome to Net Wx.

yes its a function available if you pay extra for the Net Wx Extra data output. All sorts on there, 5 min radar, actual and model output data, some of that in great detail.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

One can only hope.

I LOVE! the winter and cannot wait for the cold frosty mornings.

This! There is no better weather to wake up to than cold, sunny and frosty without a cloud in the sky!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

every chrimbo is white here..so stick that in yer pipe and smoke itblum.gif

Edited by cheeky_monkey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

I must admit I would love a proper white Christmas with snow on the ground (ive had many time) but with snow actually falling decently for example a biting easterly wind with snow showers coming in off the north sea throughout with longer periods mixed in as with the nature of showers :D

Posted

every chrimbo is white here..so stick that in yer pipe and smoke itblum.gif

Snow that sticks around for weeks and weeks and never melts isn't 'proper' snow though is it? :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I must admit I would love a proper white Christmas with snow on the ground (ive had many time) but with snow actually falling decently for example a biting easterly wind with snow showers coming in off the north sea throughout with longer periods mixed in as with the nature of showers biggrin.png

As long as those showers can make it across to wales and the west and give us a white christmas, then that would be great :)

Posted

As long as those showers can make it across to wales and the west and give us a white christmas, then that would be great smile.png

Yeah! if we both get spades and start digging along offa's dyke, we may be able to sever Wales from the mainland and drift it out of the way?:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

No sadly southern UK is due a mild one, 2 Xmas day's in a row with lying snow, will be Atlantic air this year I feel

Posted
  • Location: Queensbury, West Yorkshire. 327m (1,072ft) [top of road = 406m (1,332 ft)]
  • Location: Queensbury, West Yorkshire. 327m (1,072ft) [top of road = 406m (1,332 ft)]

Mr Data would no doubt come in handy here, but I recall reading somewhere that two consecutive white Xmases have not happened since something like the 1870's. That said, I guess you have to have a liberal interpretation of it given that snow was lying only this year just gone (and I think that may well have been the case the year before at least in my location).

I'd guess that you'd have to go back to the mini-ice age for three in a row.

Both Christmases 2009 and 2010 had both laying and falling snow here, and in 2008 the snow melted a few days before Christmas from about 2 weeks prior.

Could this year be the third year in a row with a white Christmas, and the fourth in a row with a significant snow fall before Christmas? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Both Christmases 2009 and 2010 had both laying and falling snow here, and in 2008 the snow melted a few days before Christmas from about 2 weeks prior.

Could this year be the third year in a row with a white Christmas, and the fourth in a row with a significant snow fall before Christmas? smile.png

I'm sure you will, Atlantic air cold enough at 327m asl, that far north, unless its tropical maritime

Posted

here we go

Forecast

Rather unsettled and chilly weather in northern regions with a risk of sleet or snow over higher ground in particular. Southern regions are more likely to be wet and less cold. Low pressure is expected to be close to the country, and possibly tracking significantly south, allowing colder air to dig in across more of the country.

Probabilities of snow falling on Christmas Day

North of Yorkshire / Lancashire: 35%

South of Yorkshire / Lancashire: 20%

http://theweatheroutlook.com/forecast/Christmas-weather-forecast

Posted

I'm sure you will, Atlantic air cold enough at 327m asl, that far north, unless its tropical maritime

Well I hope so since things are yet again looking to be on the cold side this winter! We normally do well no matter what the outcome anyway :D (not to brag blum.gif)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Well I hope so since things are yet again looking to be on the cold side this winter! We normally do well no matter what the outcome anyway biggrin.png (not to brag blum.gif)

Mhm. We usually do well in an average winter too, so I shan't be complaining :)

Posted

Mhm. We usually do well in an average winter too, so I shan't be complaining smile.png

Yeah, Leeds is less than half an hour away from us, but because it's further east, there's been many of times when showers have blown in and given Leeds a dusting, and died out before reaching us!

Posted

Worth pointing out that although we have had two Christmas's with much of the country covered with snow, we still haven't had a Christmas Day with widespread, heavy, falling snow on the big day itself (thinking 1927 for instance) So, theres still something to ask Santa for. ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Hope we get a white christmas again this year after last years epic snowfest during end of november/december. Here's hoping for more of those easterlies! drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter.

any one on here remember william foget uesed to be ameture forcaster for yorkshire TV one of his sayings was that if the leafs on trees started to fall before september there would be nowt but sludge and muck there after. dont whant to put adampner on it but he was apretty good long range forcaster in his time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well a White Christmas for me is a Christmas that is white (obvious I know) - not like the so called Met Office classification which allows for a green Christmas with one snowflake falling. That's like calling a day wet when one rain drop falls.

I would love a White Christmas but no snow until at least December 21st - setting the trend for January and February and maybe even early March.

Posted

3rd instalment from CFS

after 2 issues with HP in charge this has lp in charge

post-847-0-58834500-1315141422_thumb.jpg