Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Defunct Satellite Will Fall To Earth This Week

Coast

Posted

I did think twice about posting this story, so as I have, will you all please not worry about this landing in your garden or loft?

uars-pre-deployment.jpg

A dead climate satellite that has been circling Earth for 20 years will make a fiery death plunge this week, with some pieces of the 6 1/2 ton spacecraft expected to reach the surface of the planet, NASA officials say.

"Re-entry is expected Sept. 23, plus or minus a day," NASA officials wrote in an update posted Sunday (Sept. 18). That means that by Saturday (Sept. 24), the UARS satellite should slam into Earth's atmosphere and break apart.The bus-size Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite, or UARS, will likely plummet down to Earth sometime around Friday (Sept. 23), according to NASA's latest projections. There is a 1-in-3,200 chance that UARS debris could hit a person, though NASA considers that scenario extremely remote.

http://www.space.com/12999-dead-nasa-satellite-falling-earth-sept-23.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Don't let Yamkin see this! :)

A 1 in 3,200 chance is not ridiculous odds.

If a person did get hit then who would get the blame? Compensation?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Lol Coast , I was wondering whether I should post this.I have been following this.

Here is a link to track it.

http://www.n2yo.com/satellite/?s=21701

I'm just hoping it dont fall on my new bungalow as things are going so smoothly right now lol

Posted

I'm just hoping it dont fall on my new bungalow as things are going so smoothly right now lol

Mine's only 4 years old, and the way underwriters treat people nowadays, I'll probably get nowt if I receive a direct hit. Mind you, I'll be inside if it hits, so it'll be curtains anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Hard hats on everybody!

Knowing my luck it will be my roof it lands on....and I couldn't even put the bits on 'flea bay' to cover the repair bill !!

QUOTE: Any debris from the UARS satellite still remains the property of the U.S. government and cannot be sold for profit to collectors on e Bay

Posted

Passes over the UK 14 times from the 22nd - 24th right over my head on some passes. Obviously it travels at about 17000 mph so only over us for small durations and travels accross a lot of sea areas. However the debri field could be as large as 12000km in length i read somewhere. That must increase the odds of some part effecting populated areas in the world somewhere. The media seem slow on picking this one up. Daily express will probably have End of the World as its headlines tomorrow. Still it does have a chance of ruining someones day.

If it landed on my roof i would tell the good ole USA to pay up before they get it back. !!!!

Edited by pyrotech

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Apparently the satellite is in allignment with Mars, Jupiter, Comet Elenin & Nibiru and even though it only weighs a few tons, the gravitational tug will cause the earth's poles to reverse, mega-tsunamis to wash over the continents, megaquakes, crustal plate displacements, and has been directly linked to global warming....I got this from an incredibly well-sourced youtube video linked to a web site...can't remember the actual website but it's something like www.talkingabsolutegarbage.com mega_shok.gif

Posted

Apparently the satellite is in allignment with Mars, Jupiter, Comet Elenin & Nibiru and even though it only weighs a few tons, the gravitational tug will cause the earth's poles to reverse, mega-tsunamis to wash over the continents, megaquakes, crustal plate displacements, and has been directly linked to global warming....I got this from an incredibly well-sourced youtube video linked to a web site...can't remember the actual website but it's something like www.talkingabsolutegarbage.com mega_shok.gif

Couldn't have put it better meself, apart from the fact that you forgot the effects of Tambora, Mercury, Mars, Venus, Sirius B, Betelgeuse and the Virgo cluster, as well as the changes in the duck population in Surrey.

Edited by crepuscular ray

Posted

"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the potential of the Force."

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Oh,

So this is Nibru? :rofl:

*Searches for Yamkin*

LOL! This bit made me laugh!

Any debris from the UARS satellite still remains the property of the U.S. government and cannot be sold for profit to collectors or on eBay, they added.

Edited by Backtrack

Posted

Oh,

So this is Nibru? rofl.gif

*Searches for Yamkin*

LOL! This bit made me laugh!

Any debris from the UARS satellite still remains the property of the U.S. government and cannot be sold for profit to collectors or on eBay, they added.

according to NASA, the predicted impact area is Runcorn, Cheshire, UK.

wherever that is...

Posted

:lol: You beat me to it - I was going to type something similar. A scientist on the bus told me it was true.

Posted

according to NASA, the predicted impact area is Runcorn, Cheshire, UK.

wherever that is...

I heard it was Horsham, West sussex at exactly 52m asl?

Posted

laugh.png You beat me to it - I was going to type something similar. A scientist on the bus told me it was true.

Was that the bus-sized satelliteabout to crash into the Earth, or just a bus?

Edited by crepuscular ray

Posted

well, if it hits either location, i'll split the ebay profits with you! good.gif

Posted

well, if it hits either location, i'll split the ebay profits with you! good.gif

No deal. I'm going to donate it to the under funded defunct satellite association.

Passes over the UK 14 times from the 22nd - 24th right over my head on some passes. Obviously it travels at about 17000 mph so only over us for small durations and travels accross a lot of sea areas. However the debri field could be as large as 12000km in length i read somewhere. That must increase the odds of some part effecting populated areas in the world somewhere. The media seem slow on picking this one up. Daily express will probably have End of the World as its headlines tomorrow. Still it does have a chance of ruining someones day.

If it landed on my roof i would tell the good ole USA to pay up before they get it back. !!!!

That's if they have any money left

Posted

Sorry you got it wrong! I will be in Horsham on 23rd Sept and I can assure every inhabitant of the town they are perfectly safe while I am there.

Reason? Nothing ever happens when I am around, I lead the most uneventful life any human has ever lived. (Let's face it, I am going to Horsham for a day out and I live in Bognor, that says it all. blum.gif )

However I will leave on the train back to Bognor around 5:00pm so watch out then as I am also notorious for missing all the fun.

Edit, Is it likely to show as a fireball over the UK area, or is it too early to tell?

Edited by coldfingers

Posted

Sorry you got it wrong! I will be in Horsham on 23rd Sept and I can assure every inhabitant of the town they are perfectly safe while I am there.

Reason? Nothing ever happens when I am around, I lead the most uneventful life any human has ever lived. (Let's face it, I am going to Horsham for a day out and I live in Bognor, that says it all. blum.gif )

However I will leave on the train back to Bognor around 5:00pm so watch out then as I am also notorious for missing all the fun.

Edit, Is it likely to show as a fireball over the UK area, or is it too early to tell?

LOL!

Fair enough then! Lmao