Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Planet Mars - Could There Be Life Under The Surface?

ZONE 51

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Planet Mars could there be life under the surface?

post-11361-0-52336500-1316661627_thumb.j

The surface of mars

post-11361-0-91888000-1316661775_thumb.j

post-11361-0-13247900-1316661781_thumb.j

post-11361-0-37944000-1316661786_thumb.j

post-11361-0-07759500-1316661792_thumb.j

post-11361-0-13686300-1316661797_thumb.j

post-11361-0-35647100-1316661801_thumb.j

post-11361-0-62709200-1316661805_thumb.j

post-11361-0-78255500-1316661809_thumb.j

post-11361-0-88660800-1316661813_thumb.j

images using Google Mars explorer(google earth)

link - all about the planet - http://nineplanets.org/mars.html

It has an amazing and exciting surface, incredible intense colours of reds and oranges, we are using robots to explore a land thats so old yet so new to us, a place we may one day visit and travel on to explore ourselfs, searching for life never before thought could have existed because of the conditions, but with this possibility now increasing as we make new discoveries of what could be water flows. all very exciting!

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

I think nobody can question the fact that water was once present on Mars.

As for life, possibly microbes, but do not expect to see any little martians any time soon.

Personally I think Europa is the most likely candidate for life, with water possibly being present under its icy surface.

Edited by Radiating Dendrite

I think nobody can question the fact that water was once present on Mars.

As for life, possibly microbes, but do not expect to see any little martians any time soon.

Personally I think Europa is the most likely candidate for life, with water possibly being present under its icy surface.

I expect there will be primitive life on Mars - recent discoveries have shown that primitive forms of life can exist in all sorts of conditions from the superheated volcanic vents under the oceans to glaciers and oxygen is not always necessary to support life - organisms can evolve other ways of life support.

I would suspect that at depth under the surface there will be water in a liquid form, the heat coming from the interior of the planet.

Posted

I expect there will be primitive life on Mars - recent discoveries have shown that primitive forms of life can exist in all sorts of conditions from the superheated volcanic vents under the oceans to glaciers and oxygen is not always necessary to support life - organisms can evolve other ways of life support.

I would suspect that at depth under the surface there will be water in a liquid form, the heat coming from the interior of the planet.

David Bowie is still waiting...............

What a patient man he is.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

The theory goes that whereever there is a liquid, life could potentially exist.

Right now in this solar system it limits the field to Earth, Europa and Titan however water was present on both Venus and Mars at some point (indeed Mars still has its polar ice caps) so life may once have existed.

Organisms live inside our ice caps now and also inside volcanoes and at extreme pressures deep in the ocean, as posted above life evolves to live in any condition so the chances of some form of life on mars are very high

The theory goes that whereever there is a liquid, life could potentially exist.

Right now in this solar system it limits the field to Earth, Europa and Titan however water was present on both Venus and Mars at some point (indeed Mars still has its polar ice caps) so life may once have existed.