Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Sept into Oct 2011 Warm Spell Discussion..

conor123

Upcoming warm spell, highest temperature?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the highest temperature recorded?

• 24c
    • 25c
    • 26c
    • 27c
    • 28c+

Posted

But the max October temp for England at 29.4 °C set on 1 October 1985 in March Cambridgeshire, might just be within reach on Saturday - what do you think?

I dont see that happening Coast. Perhaps a 27c-28c somewhere in the South East on Friday. Even so its a noticable spell of weather, and one to savour !

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Nice and warm sunny this afternoon max 21c.

25c should be widespread from tomorrow to the weekend with 28c in places even this weekend and in October so its going to push that record very close indeed.

Posted

Currently 16.3C with misty low cloud. A max so far of 16.8C, the coolest day since the 18th lol.

Ironically being one of the furthest south areas my location may be one of the coolest in England and Wales due to the wind off the English Channel.. Occasionally at times like this I wish I was further inland or the coast was in a different direction from me..

Should still feel very pleasant with sunshine and 21-22C hopefully.

Posted

Warm day here, sunny all day allowing a max of 22.8c.

Currently 22.3c

w00t.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

What a gorgeous day after early low cloud cleared. 21.7c our max with tons of blinding sunshine (the sun being lower makes our office hotter than the same weather in June as it covers more of the room!).

Lovely to get home & open the windows for the first time in ages. It's cooler indoors than out so nice to let the warmth in and get rid of the lingering chill that we've had in here recently.

Next few days look fantastic - and it actually lasts into the weekend!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Max of 22.5c here today, this spell of warm sunny weather promises to be the best we've had since April here in therofl.gif NW(which just proves what an awful summer we've had) , it's just a shame that the days are much shorter now , by the time I get home from work the sun is too low in the sky to really enjoy it, I just hope the weekend stays warm and sunny , I think I may get the BBQ back out of hibernation if it stays nice

Edited by Spurry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Stunning day here. Clear blue skies and non stop sunshine since 8am once the Mist cleared. 22c here. This is just the starter. Expecting 27c here in the next few days. biggrin.png

Likewise Luke, an absolutely stunning day here in South Staffs, temps in the low seventies, and looking a good bet for breaking the 80's fahrenheit mark in the next couple of days here! biggrin.png

Posted

Interesting to see if any October records are broken on Saturday. Don't expect the all-time record will fall (29.5 I believe), but there could be some new local records. My guess is the highest will be between 27 and 28 - past performance suggests this might be in central London or east of London, but some of the charts suggest further west, perhaps Heathrow or Wisley.

OK - a punt from me...27.8, Wisley.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Interesting to see if any October records are broken on Saturday. Don't expect the all-time record will fall (29.5 I believe), but there could be some new local records. My guess is the highest will be between 27 and 28 - past performance suggests this might be in central London or east of London, but some of the charts suggest further west, perhaps Heathrow or Wisley.

OK - a punt from me...27.8, Wisley.

We may be able to take the 30th September as this was just 27C.

Posted

After the dreary start this afternoon was absolutely fantastic, 22c the high today though unfortunately at this time of year the height of the roof causes the sun to no longer shine on the garden after 3pm.

Posted

Hi,

Hit 22.6c here this afternoon in Derbyshire. I have never watched the weather sites so much but its my wedding on Sat in Leicester and the temps are looking amazing

Chris

Posted

hello Chris

Best wishes to you both for Saturday.

Unless the models change a heck of a lot in the next 2-3 days it looks like a super day in Leicester for you both.

Little wind, a fair amount of sunshine, (possibly some misty low cloud for 1-2 hours early on), and pretty warm, mid 20's C looks probable.

Posted

hello Chris

Best wishes to you both for Saturday.

Unless the models change a heck of a lot in the next 2-3 days it looks like a super day in Leicester for you both.

Little wind, a fair amount of sunshine, (possibly some misty low cloud for 1-2 hours early on), and pretty warm, mid 20's C looks probable.

Many Thanks

What you think the chances of the models changing?

Chris

Posted

Many Thanks

What you think the chances of the models changing?

Chris

pretty slight for Saturday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Feeling quite cool here @ 14.1c in a breeze from the south, warm air moving north all the time overnight so it will feel quite different tomorrow. Max today 16.2c.

Posted

I'll stick with Roger Brugge.

As much as I respect Roger Brugge, I feel those temperatures will be inaccurate for Wales, way under for Friday and Saturday, when I am expecting 25c both days, and even Aberporth on the coast. will reach 23c with a southerly flow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Maximum of 18.8C today but felt much warmer with combination of a warm breeze and relatively high humidity.

Posted

Temps struggled to hit 19 degrees here, after a cloudy morning and midday period. This evening saw a beautiful sunset. Tomorrow marks the start of the proper warm up, most of england and wales should hit 70f, credible for mid summer it has to be said. Suspect Heathrow will hit 27 degrees tomorrow. Saturday looks the warmest day of this spell, the 1st Oct record could be hit.. I'll be surprised if we see 30 degrees though - it will be a tight call, if we see 29 degrees on thurs and fri then the chances of 30 being recorded will increase, but if we see only 27-28 degrees then 29 is perhaps the best we can expect, the synoptics won't be changing that much and unlike in July and August, the heat won't be able to continue to build and build and build - the synoptics are the best they can be for delivering the max warmth we can get at this time of year - they can't get any better..

Posted

Temperature has risen 2c here in the past hour, as a moderate breeze sprung up! Currently a warm 15.4c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Wonderful day here where the temp maxed out at 20.5c hoping to add on a few more degrees for tomorrow :)

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Nice day here with good spells of sunshine,max temp 19.9c,

Currently clear temp 13.9c

Posted

Good evening to all,

Here in orly airport ( about 10 miles south of Paris and 4 miles from where i live) no temps under 20c since the 21st of september.for the period 1981-2010 the average above 25c is 4 days up to now we are at 9 days including 2 above 30c (3rd and 10th) .

We started this series of over 25c since the 25th september.It will be a month with high anomaly in France. It is worse or better in the south west and south east of France.

No record as yet , 1895 for september and 1921 and 1985 for early october have set the target too high

what was it like in 1921 in England? anyone? as october 1921 beats them all.Will be hard to beat october 1921 temps.

Edited by jean91