Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Profile Photo

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Hi can anyone tell me why my profile pic does not update the picture I try to upload? It shows on my full profile but not on the display pic in the forums etc...

Thanks

Posted

Sorry about this - I had something similar happen recently that I never managed to figure out. Try uploading it again Liam - the blue sky image and the lightning have been deleted for you to reload.

Posted

Hi can anyone tell me why my profile pic does not update the picture I try to upload? It shows on my full profile but not on the display pic in the forums etc...

Got a similar problem, I guess it's a bug that will probably get fixed on the next upgrade.

Posted

Sorry about this - I had something similar happen recently that I never managed to figure out. Try uploading it again Liam - the blue sky image and the lightning have been deleted for you to reload.

Thank's Shuggee, I tried to upload the lightening pic as my DP but it's still using the blue sky image even tho I chose the lightening!!

Same as before - Lightening pic only visible on my full profile and blue sky on my DP in forums. :(

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

Still having problems with uploading a different profile pic, I have deleted the images off my laptop that are currently shown and when I try to upload a new one it still somehow puts the old pic back on even though they are no longer available for me to choose from my gallery! Strange

Posted

Still having problems with uploading a different profile pic, I have deleted the images off my laptop that are currently shown and when I try to upload a new one it still somehow puts the old pic back on even though they are no longer available for me to choose from my gallery! Strange

I had the same problem but got around it by using this site. You have to register but no big deal.

http://en.gravatar.com/

Edited by weather ship

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, snow in winter, wind in Autumn and rainbows in the spring!

and me, Ive tried up to upload and its having none of it, just says failed to upload in the box.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

I have clicked remove photo and it goes, but when I upload another photo it just comes back up with the original photo and avatar.

I wan't the avatar and the profile picture to be changed to the new picture I wan't to upload but at the moment it doesn't appear to wan't to!

Are there any reasons for this or am I doing something wrong?

Posted

I have clicked remove photo and it goes, but when I upload another photo it just comes back up with the original photo and avatar.

I wan't the avatar and the profile picture to be changed to the new picture I wan't to upload but at the moment it doesn't appear to wan't to!

Are there any reasons for this or am I doing something wrong?

One or two of us have had this problem. You can get around it by using this site.

http://en.gravatar.com/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Yep!

Used gravatar instead and it works now.

Thanks weather ship!yahoo.gif