Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Important! How Do You Put Your Own Images In The Gallery?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

I have been trying to put some images I took today of the clouds on the gallery for over three hours, yes, three hours and am starting to get angry and frustrated.

I don't understand what I have to do, there apperars to be two sections which say browse so I assumed that this is where you put the names of the photo's on. But I have done this and it doesn't precede onto step 2.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it not working properly at the moment? I am only wondering because everyone else seems to have been able to put there images on there.

I would like some help as soon as possible with this please. As I am starting to lose hope in it.

Thankyou!

Posted

When you go to the gallery there's a button top right which says 'upload', click that and choose which gallery album you want to upload to, then once you've chosen by clicking it (in your instance you'll probably want the cloud gallery), click the choose files button to select the image(s) you want to upload from your pc, upload them, then click review and publish where you'll be able to add titles/captions etc and finally submit it to the gallery.

You'll find all this info and more in the help files for the forum:

http://forum.netweather.tv/index.php?app=core&module=help

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Still struggling with it Paul!

When I go and click on the upload button it just sends me to the gallery which shows everyone elses pictures and images. I can't find any option to click what album type you wan't. The only thing I can see is browse and upload on the top right hand corner.

What confuses me mostly is once I have clicked on upload it sends me to a section where there are to little rectangale shaped boxes on the top left hand side. The first one say's step one and the second say's step two.

Below this there are two smaller rectangle boxes which say browse and when I find my pictures name and place it in the two boxes nothing changes and it doesn't seem to be able to go on to step two.

It is this last area which I am struggling with most!

Posted

Without being able to see exactly what you're doing it's hard to tell where you're going wrong. But at first glance, you're saying you're putting in the names of your images that's not what you need to do, you need to select them from your computer in the box that pops up.

Posted

Without being able to see exactly what you're doing it's hard to tell where you're going wrong. But at first glance, you're saying you're putting in the names of your images that's not what you need to do, you need to select them from your computer in the box that pops up.

Do I have permission to upload images because I am wondering if this is the reason why it won't move on to step two.

I go to images, browse my computer for the image, I double click the image and it shows in the browse box but it doesn't move on to step two.

Posted

You have permission, if the upload is failing for some reason it will let you know with a message on the page. Perhaps the images are too large?

Posted

You have permission, if the upload is failing for some reason it will let you know with a message on the page. Perhaps the images are too large?

How do I do the first bit which is to create the album? And how do I make one?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Give me 2 seconds. I have made you a guide with images.

Step one, click your profile name in the top right hand corner and select 'My Gallery'

34011603.png

Step 2: Click an album on the right hand side, or create a new one, both located where is circled in red.

11741877.png

Step 3: Select the upload button:

49224118p.png

Step 4: Select choose file:

72565529.png

Step 5: Locate your image(s) and click open:

50782746.png

Step 6: Click upload, then on step 2 of the uploader, just click upload.

65928361.png

As for creating an album, it's in the same place located in step 2 where my albums are.

Hope this helps.

If the image size is too big. Open your image with Microsoft Paint (assuming you're using Windows as your OS) and save your picture as a JPEG or PNG file. That will reduce the size and you will be able to upload.

Posted

Give me 2 seconds. I have made you a guide with images.

Step one, click your profile name in the top right hand corner and select 'My Gallery'

34011603.png

Step 2: Click an album on the right hand side, or create a new one, both located where is circled in red.

11741877.png

Step 3: Select the upload button:

49224118p.png

Step 4: Select choose file:

72565529.png

Step 5: Locate your image(s) and click open:

50782746.png

Step 6: Click upload, then on step 2 of the uploader, just click upload.

65928361.png

As for creating an album, it's in the same place located in step 2 where my albums are.

Hope this helps.

When I click on my profile name there doesn't seem to be a my gallery section as there appears to be on yours.

Do you know why this may be?

Posted

Afraid Paul will have to sort that for you, but there's a short cut to accessing your gallery. Click the circled text which can be found at the top of the forum:

unledkke.png

Posted

Do you know Paul why on my profile there is no my gallery section on it?

Posted
Posted · Hidden by wimblettben, October 15, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by wimblettben, October 15, 2011 - No reason given

PNG image (.PNG)

Posted

Because you have to create your gallery first by clicking the button in your settings:

http://forum.netweat...rcp&tab=gallery

But you don't need to create a gallery, you can upload to an existing one.

This is what comes up when I press upload.

Note: It is a thumbnail so you will have to select it in order to view it properly at the right size.

post-15635-0-35230000-1318704097_thumb.p

Edited by wimblettben

Posted

You then just need to select the images from the browse button - if the image is ok size wise then it'll upload after that.

I have just done this but nothing changes.

I have moved my cursor over the step two box on the top left but it doesn't highlight or show any form of responding. I have also clicked on it just to make shure that it wasn't this that was stopping me from going on to step two, but again nothing happens when you click on it either.

Edited by wimblettben

Posted

What size are the images? As I say if they're too big then the system won't let you upload them.

The size of the images are here:

Height: 1200

Width: 2133

Posted

As I said, open with Paint, save as a JPEG or PNG file. Then you're golden to upload.

Posted

Yipee!!! Works now guys!biggrin.png

I have just, (actually it was my mum) discovered this morning that it was my McAfee security settings set to automatic which was not allowing access to uploading files to the gallery.

My mum has worked her magic as usual on the computer and now all is well.

I am now very very happy and can finally relax after all of the stress I had yesterday.

I would like to say a big thankyou to everyone who has replied and tried to help me with this matter.good.gif

Also to everyone else who maybe having the same problem it might be a good idea to check your security settings just in case that may be where the problem is.

• 2 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

i also cannot upload pics, and i have the double browse boxes, im using kaspersky... it has never been a problem before , i havent changed any settings.......

the double browse box...but no upload/ publish button to click

post-12104-0-46099000-1325717324_thumb.j

Posted

Maybe you can send your mum to sort it out wimblettben, she seems like the only person who knows how to fix this...

Posted

It looks like you're using the basic uploader which should upload once you select the file from your computer.

Alternatively, go to the main posting screen (click the more post options button when replying to a post), and then beneath the upload file link there will be an option to use the advanced uploader. Once you have clicked that link, go to the gallery and you should find the uploader you were using before.

Posted

Ok it is working again now, a combination of a bad mobile broardband connection and cookies that were not being deleted.

thankyou to wimblettben ,and paul for your help.

Edited by Sprites