Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather Stories In The Press - Your Views

Paul

The written media and weather  

87 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 0-5 (0 being no trust, 5 being total trust) how much do you trust weather articles in the written press in general?

2. 2. Does the specific publication influence your level of trust?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
  3. 3. When you read an article about weather in the press, do you check on weather sites for further information?

• Yes, every time
    • Yes, occasionally
    • No
  4. 4. Would you specifically buy a newspaper because it had a weather article on the front page?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Obviously you buy it every day as I do but I disagree completely. I think it's a pretty good newspaper.

It used to be, but as I said it has changed a lot in the past 24 months for the worse, but only my opinion. (About 10 years ago, the Times starting selling the paper for 10p on a Monday, and I have bought it every Monday since, Sport coverage remains pretty good to be fair, so that advertising strategy worked as they soon raised the price back up to normal levels.)

Back to the general point, people in work today, said they were expecting snow this week, you do wonder how they this was possible if you followed any website.

Posted

Newspapers are the same here in Norway as the UK ones - always saying the weather is going to be such and such. I usually trust yr.no articles though.

Only when your newspapers say it's going to be -20'c and blizzard like conditions...............it probably will be :D

Posted

It's clear that many newspaper articles (particularly the ones on the front page) just select the evidence they want to use to make their (sensationalist) point. Fortunately we have the likes of Philip Eden who endeavour to redress the balance, but more factual articles such as his seem to be buried somewhere in the centre pages. Hmm, I wonder why?