Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Severe Weather - Monday 17th Oct

Paul

Posted

The wind is starting to pick up here now, and has done suddenly, it's not a case of a slow build up, more a case of *wham*

...........hmmm.....I'm in Liverpool City Centre......not much wind here....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sunny Days, Summer evening Thunderstorms, Snow and Cold.

It should do, the Irish sea is still relatively warm.

The gusts are getting quite big now, just had a 39mph gust from nothing.

Yep, Showers have now died down and it isn't as cloudy as earlier but it's getting more gusty. The gusts are now increasing in strength and frequency too.

WV

Posted

Looking pretty impressive on the radar at the moment - notice the line of convection running along the the front through Ireland and then up into southern Scotland

post-2-0-82287600-1318861006_thumb.png

Plus we have the first signs of wintriness being picked up on the Cairngorms

post-2-0-53145800-1318861069_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Has to be reaching 60mph here

Posted

Grabbed this ominous looking shot from a webcam over dublin at 1513 any chance of us folks in the West country getting anything more than wet? mega_shok.gif

post-15403-0-33272800-1318861596_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

All rather boring here - intermittent cloud with a light breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sunny Days, Summer evening Thunderstorms, Snow and Cold.

Looking pretty impressive on the radar at the moment - notice the line of convection running along the the front through Ireland and then up into southern Scotland

post-2-0-82287600-1318861006_thumb.png

Plus we have the first signs of wintriness being picked up on the Cairngorms

post-2-0-53145800-1318861069_thumb.png

Yes, Quite impressive, I have been watching this develop for the past few hours. Now the squall line is entering the Irish Sea the front may start to strengthen - Winds Currently at Ronaldsway Airport (IoM) are 40 MPH sustained and gusts to 57MPH. looks like the gusts could soon strengthen to 55 Knots (63MPH).

WV

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Not surprising given how built up it is, I imagine Pier Head and Chavasse Park would be pretty windy though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Wow completely insane in Dublin!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

On Xcweather, Glenanne is reporting Rain/Snow. Is this true?

Posted

I have noticed a bunch of showers on the radar developing over northwest Wales and Anglesey area too these look to be growing in intensity. RAF Valley is reporting wind gusts of 56MPH with gusts near 70MPH later this evening.

WV

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Looking at the webcam from Dublin, but it doesn't appear anything that unusual, just standard passage of an active front. Looking at that flag I'd say gusts there are hitting 25-35mph.

Posted

Looking at the webcam from Dublin, but it doesn't appear anything that unusual, just standard passage of an active front. Looking at that flag I'd say gusts there are hitting 35mph.

You are a bit late, the squall has been and gone in Dublin (only lasted about a minute)

Posted

It's not a live webcam but the front is about to hit Isle of Man, so: http://www.gov.im/tourism/webcam/webcam.aspx?webcam=1

Its been awful here today. roads flooded and my garden is like a jacuzzi, water bubbling up everywhere?

post-7789-0-72193900-1318860294_thumb.jp

I hope that's not the sewers mate!

I have noticed a bunch of showers on the radar developing over northwest Wales and Anglesey area too these look to be growing in intensity.

WV

This is mostly to do with the advection of the warm sector moist air over the high ground - you can see how the precipitation follows the outline of the land and is doing the same in Lancashire + Cumbria.

Posted

We are getting snow and all sorts here. Flooding is bad a woman had to be carried to safety from her home in Antrim. flooding is making some roads impassable according to the roads service

A6 Londonderry - Hazardous driving conditions on A6 Glenshane Road in both directions between the Ardmore Road junction and the B118 Tamnaherin Road junction, because of snow.

Posted

Seems to be weakening

Posted

I hope that's not the sewers mate!

This is mostly to do with the advection of the warm sector moist air over the high ground - you can see how the precipitation follows the outline of the land and is doing the same in Lancashire + Cumbria.

Ahh thanks I see, ( I'm a novice!) The front has now entered the Irish Sea proper now. If it's going to intensify it should start to around now and with the onset of evening nocturnal cooling this may help to get convection going. I guess another 2 or 3 hours and it should be over northwestern shores?

WV

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Getting a bit windy down here, gusts of around 53mph very close to this cam in Swansea

http://www.gowerlive.co.uk/webcams/langland-webcam

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Ahh thanks I see, ( I'm a novice!) The front has now entered the Irish Sea proper now. If it's going to intensify it should start to around now and with the onset of evening nocturnal cooling this may help to get convection going. I guess another 2 or 3 hours and it should be over northwestern shores?

WV

6-7pm according to the NMM mate :)

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

OT I know, but many moons ago I used to live in Woolton - off Hunt's X Ave. I remember the winter with snow on the ground there for 5-6 weeks! Hope it's not too windy today!

Does anyone know where the strongest gust has been reported so far? Aberdaron by any chance?

Posted

6-7pm according to the NMM mate smile.png

Thanks, I may invest in the NMM subscription. ( A good uneducated guess from me though!!)good.gif

WV