Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Temperature And Frost Watch -19th To 20th Of October 2011

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Tonight is supposed to be the coldest night of this cold blip and with some places expected to get below freezing, I thought a temperature watch was necessary.

The BBC are also saying a widespread frost in the countryside.

Post temperatures and frost sightings here please.smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Great thread - was wondering if I could edit my post on the weather chat so many times!

Currently 4.4c, was 7.5c just 70 minutes ago. Lowest temperature of the spell so far was 2.3c at 0441 yesterday morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Max today 8.7c, currently clear and 6.6c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

5.5c

Posted

crystal clear skies here aswell, Buxton at 4.1'c this early evening. No doubt there'll be a frosty white landscape to wake up to before sunrise tomorrow morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Had a high of near 11C today, now 7.6C - could get as low as 2C or so tonight, with a bit of luck our first grass frost of the season!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

well here in se london its a barmy 8.8c with a dewpoint 3c at 1845hrs skys are mostly clear and the wind is WNW at 3 knots 1021.8mb rising rapidly :)

Posted

Here is a link to my weather station in Aberdeenshire if anyone wants to find out live weather in the area and see how cold it gets. Just getting started with it so some of the readings are a bit odd, but the live ones should be ok. Currently 4.9 at the moment.

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IABERDEE47

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

6.6c here at the moment but its fairly cloudy so I expect it to fall fast once it has cleared away.

Posted

Currently 4.3c here in North Hampshire.

We pick up a lot more frost here than other nearby towns/villages so I have high hopes tonight.

Posted

Sorry about the constant updates, but it's possibly my first frost of the autumn - always a good event.

Anyway, under 3c now, 2.9c currently. 70% humidity, so it feels like one of them clear dry easterlies... 2.8c now.

EDIT: 2.6c, dew point of -2.1c.

Edited by Isolated Frost

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Currently down to 6.5C under clear skies here. Had a low of 2.5C last night with ice on the back windscreen of the car. This followed a torrential downpour at around 3am this morning with hail, it woke me up! Love the weather when it's like this, makes up a little bit for the boring weather we've had here for weeks on end.

Edited by Somerset Squall

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Isolated Frost, keep the updates coming as regular updates encourage a positive multiplier effect in my opinion, xcweather is reporting the dewpoint in Dundee as 1C so do not be too surprised if you get around 1C and then only fall slowly.

Temperature at Leeds-Bradford airport is now down to 4C, frost is essentially guaranteed as the dewpoint is at -2C which seems to be about the coolest in the country, hopefully the city center may get one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

3c at Leeds Bradford now

Posted

Isolated Frost, keep the updates coming as regular updates encourage a positive multiplier effect in my opinion, xcweather is reporting the dewpoint in Dundee as 1C so do not be too surprised if you get around 1C and then only fall slowly.

Temperature at Leeds-Bradford airport is now down to 4C, frost is essentially guaranteed as the dewpoint is at -2C which seems to be about the coolest in the country, hopefully the city center may get one.

Thanks, not sure what a positive multiplier effect is though? :)

2.3c and falling, but much slower now. Generally 0.6c per 20 minutes. It will slow and slow before bottoming out i'd imagine. I hope I can fall to at least 1c before it does that, as temperatures should stay stable throughout the night and 1c should give some frost cover at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Stalling at 2.1c for 6 minutes now sad.png

Stop moaning. You're colder than OON. That's an achievement. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

3.8c now. If we get to 2c then we might start feeling some isolated frost pockets round here, and at 1c, more likely.

And with my current Air Temperatue being 5.9c and falling 0.1c every 5-10 minutes, I'm looking hopeful too.

You've just got to love this weather, one of my favourite weather types, particularly during winter. Days of crystal clear sunshine and isolated showers with frost by night, lovely! biggrin.png

Cheers drinks.gif

gottolovethisweather