Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Hot Or Cold?

Posted

I'm assuming that most (though by no means all) hereabouts would favour a hot sunny summer with a few storms thrown in and a cold snowy winter. But if in any twelve month period you were guaranteed only one OR the other, which would you take?

For the record, I'll have the summer option. Though not averse to a spell of severe winter action, I invariably end up wishing it would just sod off after a couple of days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Very tough decision that.

Do I want 3-4 months of fun in the snow, or 4-5 months of hot, sunny weather with plenty of outdoors and a nice tan.

Is there not an in between option? :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

For Me , Snowy Arctic contidtions all year round, with cripsy arctic sunshine during the summer. Seals and penguins frolicing around the local rivers and resevoirs but strictly no polar bears thank you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......

I suffer in hot weather, always have, for some reason my body just starts to pack up when the temperature rises. As such I'd take snow any time, I feel better and heating is a lot cheaper than air conditioning (which is a must for me on hot days).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Yes id prefer the snow and cold option as that for me is much more enjoyable and actually liveable than the other option as I hate when its too hot so yes option A please.... :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

I hate it when it's to hot for prolonged periods of time - thank god that doesn't happen much in the UK

Also I woudln't want to go bankrupt paying a central heating bill during prolonged cold weather - So i'll take an between option! tease.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Hot all year please in the 20-45C range and nights not going below 15C, mixed with hot and sunny, hot and humid warm and humid/thundery partly cloudy and dry 30+ heat and some 20+ sunny/cloudy days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......

Hot all year please in the 20-45C range and nights not going below 15C, mixed with hot and sunny, hot and humid warm and humid/thundery partly cloudy and dry 30+ heat and some 20+ sunny/cloudy days.

Frankly that would kill me, literally. If the weather changes to that I'd have to move steadily northwards, otherwise I'd be condemned to a living hell.

cray.gif

Posted

Well during summer and august 2003 ( am near Paris)was living in a small studio ( inside studio it was 31c well after 1 am)on top floor facing south and certainly don't want to repeat that ( even if i like extremes)it was too much too long.I did ,one night, went to sleep in Parents house ( big thick walls making it much cooler) first time ever i was a weather refugee!!!!!!!!!!!But don't regret having gone trough ,i think it will stay in my memory for as long as i live .

Ps when i am cold i try to get my mind back during august 2003 and am feeling better!!!!!!!!

Also july 2006 was quite hard too .I am more bearing cold than hot weather especially if it is during nights.Hot for a couple days max ok. So probably Winter for me.But hard choice.

Edited by jean91

Posted

Very tough decision that.

Do I want 3-4 months of fun in the snow, or 4-5 months of hot, sunny weather with plenty of outdoors and a nice tan.

Is there not an in between option? sad.png

For the purpose of this discussion, no other option I'm afraid; one or t'other.

Phew, thought I was gonna end up in a minority of one.

45c is probably a bit hard-core for me though; I'll have 32-36c by day dropping to 20c at night. Bliss

Posted

Am in minority?????? Over 36c and min over 20c i can bear it easy with air con!!!!!!!!or on holidays !!!!!

Posted

Am in minority?????? Over 36c and min over 20c i can bear it easy with air con!!!!!!!!or on holidays !!!!!

How was your summer, Jean? I'm guessing it was considerably better than here where it was disappointing to say the least.

Posted

Cold and sunny every time.

I struggle to sleep in temps above 10c and much above 20c is too hot to go outside to do anything.

Sunbathing at 5c is much more comfortable :)

Edited by Essan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

I absolutely hate hot, sunny weather.

Cold, sunny or cloudy, is my favourite thing in the world, whatever time of year (but preferably winter)

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter
bad.gif

Posted

Cold weather option for me aswell.

Continuous heat is often hard to avoid even in air conditioned homes. And down here it comes with flies, mozzies, usually bushfire smoke in the air, and sunburn in under 10 minutes.

Cold all the way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Cold cold cold! In general, I really dislike warm/hot weather, especially when it's really humid. The warm evenings being the only positive.

Cold, snowy, icy, foggy weather all the way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Cold option for me too December, jan and feb with snow most of the time up until april.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Hot of course! Love the feel & freedom of warmer weather. A year of constant cold would be horrible and trapping even if it started off 'fun' and pretty. Winters are too long at this latitude anyway without making them longer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

If my heating oil comes free then I'd have the Arctic year, if not then I'll have the 12 months of hot summer interspersed with thunderstorms.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

As somebody who was in 2005 voted the 4th most cold ramper (toned it down since), i will go with cold. I love the snow and the frost and would be happy to live in Siberia provided that all my local amenities were present.

While my preference is cold, i do actually like the hot summer sun and if we could get cold nights with temperatures in the 20C's i would allow that for the May-September period.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Hot for me. It makes people generally more sociable, upbeat and cheerful and it would make for lovely warm evenings which is great for enjoying the outdoors.