Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Hot Or Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Yes heat really does bring out the people.. just look at Brighton Beach!

http://almostalwaysthinking.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/brighton-beach-heatwave.jpg

bad.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Hot all year please in the 20-45C range and nights not going below 15C, mixed with hot and sunny, hot and humid warm and humid/thundery partly cloudy and dry 30+ heat and some 20+ sunny/cloudy days.

would be fantastic if every single establishment had air conditioning, otherwise hell! fan of cold and snow anyway, just so exciting on all angles when cold/snow,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Cold and snowy for me please. Not a fan of hot and humid.

Would prefer a little more daylight in December though. Not keen on going to and from work in the dark.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

would be fantastic if every single establishment had air conditioning, otherwise hell! fan of cold and snow anyway, just so exciting on all angles when cold/snow,

Sorry but even if sleeping was an issue because of high humidity at night but it meant beautiful hot weather during the day I would take it still, some deal with the heat better than others, nights would be difficult especially if above 20-25C and I can totally understand why some wouldn't want it but for me that wouldn't bother me because there's methods that can be used to cool down although fair enough if heat ain't your cup of coffee.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Perfect temperatures in summer would be 25c with 10c dew points by day and about 10c with 5c dew points at night. And at winter highs of 5c and lows of -5c generally - with sparkling sunshine and heavy snow showers pulling down the temperatures nicely :)

Posted

For me, the perfect summer would be partly cloudy at 21c with a slight breeze.

No heat at all please.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

It would have to be the cold option for me,i hate hot and humid weather. Fresh artic air with plenty of snow and frost for me.

Posted

How was your summer, Jean? I'm guessing it was considerably better than here where it was disappointing to say the least.

June was good (not prolonged heat so nice but a few 30c days but on the 27th reached 36.8c think it was hot in uk too and max of the year here and third year in a row top temp reaches over 35c) july not good ( cool and quite well under average like in uk but ok for me)and August was a bit above average in Paris with some good warm days .Nice summer for me!!!!!!

Well during summer and august 2003 ( am near Paris)was living in a small studio ( inside studio it was 31c well after 1 am)on top floor facing south and certainly don't want to repeat that ( even if i like extremes)it was too much too long.I did ,one night, went to sleep in Parents house ( big thick walls making it much cooler) first time ever i was a weather refugee!!!!!!!!!!!But don't regret having gone trough ,i think it will stay in my memory for as long as i live .

Ps when i am cold i try to get my mind back during august 2003 and am feeling better!!!!!!!!

Also july 2006 was quite hard too .I am more bearing cold than hot weather especially if it is during nights.Hot for a couple days max ok. So probably Winter for me.But hard choice.

Thank you for posts above am not feeling alone now to prefer cold over heat!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jean91

Posted

Sorry but even if sleeping was an issue because of high humidity at night but it meant beautiful hot weather during the day I would take it still, some deal with the heat better than others, nights would be difficult especially if above 20-25C and I can totally understand why some wouldn't want it but for me that wouldn't bother me because there's methods that can be used to cool down although fair enough if heat ain't your cup of coffee.

If you have a method to cool down at night when it is Over 20c at ( 25c no way ) without air cond ( am in a flat not a house and quite an urban area near Paris) am all ears to be ready for next heat wave.If we were in summer in a heat wave i would pay for your secret!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Well thus far the result seems pretty conclusive with a general preference for the cold option.

Wonder whether the consensus would look any different if a sample group of non weather-enthusiasts were asked a similar question. I've a feeling it might.

Posted

Well yes.. in general people prefer warm weather, why do you think so many people go on holiday for?

Posted

Well yes.. in general people prefer warm weather, why do you think so many people go on holiday for?

I should imagine tens of thousands of people go on holiday for reasons other than sun-seeking. Although admittedly I'm not one of them.

Posted

Well thus far the result seems pretty conclusive with a general preference for the cold option.

Wonder whether the consensus would look any different if a sample group of non weather-enthusiasts were asked a similar question. I've a feeling it might.

So why would a sample of non-biased intelligent people differ from the opinion of weather-enthusiasts. I suspect because the definition of the latter may well involve white coats.

Yes heat really does bring out the people.. just look at Brighton Beach!

http://almostalwayst...ch-heatwave.jpg

bad.gif

I'm glad I'm not the only one who could think of nothing worse than sitting on a tiny area of sand surrounded by 1000s of noisy people.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

I'd say 'perfect' weather for the majority of people would be 15c by night and 24c by day. Nothing hot, nothing cold - just comfortable. Not the point of this thread mind...

Posted

15c at night would be way too uncomfortable for me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......

Most people would generally want warm weather, not hot weather. It's when the temperature becomes difficult to avoid that people complain, whether it be into the high seventies or eighties or close to or below freezing.

As for holidays I go where I might find interesting things to see and do, I've never seen the point in going somewhere just to do nothing.

Edited by ukpaul

Posted

I hate going on holiday, went to Spain for 2 weeks and it was awful - awful country, awful awful!!!

(slightly off topic I think now!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold with a metre of lying snow

Preferred the cold option but after shedding 6 stone perhaps I would choose the warm option now! Mind you no chance of that here in Norway - max of 22 C this year in my location.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

I hate going on holiday, went to Spain for 2 weeks and it was awful - awful country, awful awful!!!

(slightly off topic I think now!)

Did you go to the brit invaded coast, of course that isn't the real Spain, try Sevilla, Murcia, Barcelona, Pampalona for the real Spain although Sevilla is like a desert in summer!

Posted

So why would a sample of non-biased intelligent people differ from the opinion of weather-enthusiasts. I suspect because the definition of the latter may well involve white coats.

Because it would seem that a great many weather-enthusiasts are attracted to extreme conditions, ergo many will favour extreme cold, the very notion of which would fill the overwhelming majority of non-enthusiasts with dread.

Not sure what you're getting at re the white coats.

Posted

Did you go to the brit invaded coast, of course that isn't the real Spain, try Sevilla, Murcia, Barcelona, Pampalona for the real Spain although Sevilla is like a desert in summer!

I hated it for many reasons, one of the reasons was that it's too hot. Went in April, it was 26c and ended up with heatstroke!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

26c and heatstroke? I would have imagined it would have been very dry aswell? You must be heat-sensitive to the max. My max is about 35c when I went to the subcontinent, and minimum threshold is limitless thanks! I could probably do 40c with a dew point of less than 15c though.