Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Hot Or Cold?

Posted

I would certainly welcome a climate like siberia in winter, i love heavy disruptive snowfall, i can hand on heart honestly say, having experienced -15 last winter that in order to even start to be affected, it would need to be 10 or 15c lower than that.

Yeah would not mind either but am sure now if we would have a december 1879 like weather that would be a distater for the eldery and the more fragile people and would be like what we had in august 2003.And sure now that electricity compagnies may not even cope with the strong demand in heating especially if cold in a great part of Europe ( as so much more households now than a couple of decades ago)

I bet a december cold wave like 1879 would bring chaos in France would it in uk? but then not the subject here sorry.

But yes would not mind, one day, a trip to siberia in middle of a cold winter ( just for the weather not sightseeing !!!)

Edited by jean91

Posted

not everywhere is incompetent with snow you know!

I assume that's a pop at us hopelessly soft southerners; good to see the old "north south divide" is alive and kicking.

Actually, I did a fair amount of shovel-wielding last December living out in the sticks miles from any main road. Guess it was bracing and all that but I'd sooner be in the garden, 30c with a drink and a good book.