Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3rd/4th November 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast Discussion And Reports

kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

I heard that rumble snow mania! Bright lightening too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

just started lightning and some very loud rumbles here in waterlooville :)

Ahaa so this is where me and my mate was seeing distant lightning from, sweeeeeet

Posted

I heard that rumble snow mania! Bright lightening too

Yeah Just saw a big flash, but no thunder... strange weather tonight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Very weird just had loudest thunder so far but seems to be to the south of me maybe its intensifying the further inland it gets

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

12am MetO radar snap n zoom..

post-11361-0-59400700-1320367303_thumb.p

post-11361-0-63675600-1320367318_thumb.p

Posted

Nothing storm wise here during thursday as expected,Raining heavy here now,Maybe something will happen during the early hours but i doubt it,Not if the Bristol storm shield has anything to do with it,Have fun you lucky peeps who get something :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Tipping it down(north Surrey)

take a look at this 12.30am radar and see where i have indicated a line of convection-shown next to my pink line! this line has just developed!

post-11361-0-58127900-1320368525_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Nothing storm wise here during thursday as expected,Raining heavy here now,Maybe something will happen during the early hours but i doubt it,Not if the Bristol storm shield has anything to do with it,Have fun you lucky peeps who get something :)

I think the best chance for us will be the slow moving 'train' of showers predicted tomorrow afternoon. Then again they said that for Thursday...we will just have to see what the radar chucks up as the day progresses!

Tipping it down(north Surrey)

take a look at this 12.30am radar and see where i have indicated a line of convection-shown next to my pink line! this line has just developed!

post-11361-0-58127900-1320368525_thumb.p

That looks like the trough that was predicted to cross S England later today :)

Edited by Bugganuts

Posted

Just heavy rain here now for the past 15 minutes, have seen a few distant rumbles... Keeping an eye on Cherbourg area now

Posted

If anyone is on a mobile then this Met Office site is very good and very fast built for mobile! http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/mobile/ i use this when not on computer.

Waiting for thundery activity to develop, the system is still developing and so i watch the radar and strike detector!

(About the link above-theres not a radar on the mobile one.)

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

Lightning being reported in Reading, not sure how accurate that is though. Just light rain here in nw London

Hearing a few rumbles here, so the report is probably correct.

My road is a river!!!! OMG this rain is so heavy!!!!!!!!!! WOKE ME UP!!!! Looking at that rader does not look good!!!

If anyone is on a mobile then this Met Office site is very good and very fast built for mobile! http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/mobile/ i use this when not on computer.

Waiting for thundery activity to develop, the system is still developing and so i watch the radar and strike detector!

Although theres not a radar on the mobile one.

Where in north surrey are you? This rain is intense!!

Posted

just going to swing round the detectors and see where all the action..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Hi all in Chichester tonight. Woke up to the first rumble then two mind later an almighty one then heavens opened and I mean opened. Never seen rain like that ever. Bound to be flooding. Slightly eased but I mean slightly. Lightning again a min ago, just another rumble a little further away and back the intensifying rain again. Feels warm outside. Sorry for abrupt emails though i am iPhone and it is affecting signal... Thanks for whoever posted the radar though now I know! Ooh more lightning. Any reports from anyone under the pink band on eastern coast? Oh another thing winds after first rumble really picked up . So strong squal line?

Posted
sf_na_1d.gif• lightning strike within the last 3 hours + 3 - 6 hours old + 9 -12 hours old Edited by ElectricSnowStorm