Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

New Batch Of Free Rain Gauges To Give Away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Hi Folks. Just to say Ive recieved some new Rain Gauges to give away for nothing, so if you fancy knowing how much rain you are or not getting than why not use this oppurtunity to recieve a free one from me. All I ask is for your total monthly reading sent to me once a month, Its as simple as that! Anywhere in the Uk is Fine, but Ive got no observers in Scotland, Ireland or East Anglia yet so if youre from that way it would be good to hear from you....Ian. :acute:

Posted

Would be happy to give one a new home as my weatherstation rainfall reader looks to have given up recording correct measurements!

Posted

Would be happy to give one a new home as my weatherstation rainfall reader looks to have given up recording correct measurements!

Great, If you forward your name and Address to me Then I shall send you one. Many thanks for the reply. Im away for a week next week, so there may be a slight delay , but I shall make sure you get yours before the end of the month....Ian.

Posted

As i said before Ian, i wouldn't mind taking data for rainfall in Oxfordshire.

Hi Mark Ive dropped you a message in your inbox....

Posted

If you would like the data from my part of the country, I will be happy to collect it for you :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Out of interest as someone who gives you data, have you had someone take the free rain gauge and not give data back yet?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

I'd like to help, but being in a city centre, the best I could do is roof top data. Not sure if that's good enough for ya?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

If you would like data from eastern Scotland I am happy to provide it. My own gauge has given some dodgy readings lately so a new one would be helpful to judge whether it is kaput.

Let me know and I will pm the name and address if you if you wish.

Posted

I'd be happy to send readings for my location in East Devon if you still want people. I can do total monthly statistics as you ask for though I probably wouldn't be able to manage 0900-0900 daily recordings but I assume that's fine.

It would also be useful in seeing how accurate my Davis VP2 gauge is as I think it over-reads a little.

Posted
  • Location: Crocketford nr Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway 124m a.s.l
  • Location: Crocketford nr Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway 124m a.s.l

If there's any left, Can you send one here please?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Snow, Thunder

Whilst I'm on here I just had a question Ian... I know its laughable to ask this the way things currently are but what do I do if it snows? Do I need to take the guage and snow inside to melt it down or something? (Watch it not snow all winter now)! Anyway I can confirm Im keeping up with the measurements despite a scare when my mum nearly chucked the guage away thinking it was one of next door's fireworks! only problem is lack of rain- 25mm so far this month!

Cheers

bb

Posted

Hi Folks ,For all those expecting there raingauges at the end of the month ,its good news as Ive sent them all away to you today, so you should get them in the next few days. Please let me know when you recieve them! Cheers Ian.......

Edited by ANYWEATHER

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hello Anyweather,

The Rain gauge has arrived, shall i start recording the data from 1st december?

Very Kind of you to send me it and i will in return be giving you the rain stats you want

Regards

Mark.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

I would be more than happy to record Suffolk rainfall data for you :D I'm surprised nobody else in East Anglia has volunteered! I will send you an inbox message.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

I would be more than happy to record Suffolk rainfall data for you :DI'm surprised nobody else in East Anglia has volunteered! I will send you an inbox message.

Maybe because there has been no measurable rainfall in East Anglia for quite a while :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Got it! Cheers ANYWEATHER

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Hi if you got any left and need any data for the west Berkshire area i'd be happy to oblige :D My current weather stations rainfall measurements seem to be all over the place so was thinking of getting a more accurate rainfall gauge.

Posted

Hi if you got any left and need any data for the west Berkshire area i'd be happy to oblige :D My current weather stations rainfall measurements seem to be all over the place so was thinking of getting a more accurate rainfall gauge.

Hi , ive just pm you......Ian.

Posted

Hi Folks, Just to tell you that anyone expecting there gauge this month is that Im sending them out tommorrow [Tuesday 20th]. So please would you let me know when you recieve them. Ian. :good: