Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Mild Weather

Cookie

Posted

The back end of Aurtum and start of winter has been mild here and im totally loving it, its making the darker nights slight more bearable. at the start of this month we had temps as high as 16oC as warm as anything we had during the summer.

a number of days this week we've had what appears to be the best weather in the entire uk.

long may these southerly airflow's continue. after the past 2 winters this is a lot more bearable!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

It (the mild) can stay for another month if it wants, then it can go away in december that would be perfect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

It will also be helping matters that north-west Scotland is currently seeing the brightest weather as well as having temperatures among the highest in the country.. It's not a common occurrence but I remember that it happened a lot during January 1996, which averaged over the UK as a whole was the dullest on record, but much of north-west Scotland had a sunny month.

Pretty dull here in north-east England though!

Posted

Gone on for far too long now, this should be the start of some colder weather rather than a continuation of the mildness that seems to have been prevalent all year.

Give me back my proper seasons with applicable weather please!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Im bored of seeing grey in the sky now with on and off drizzle. If its going to be mild at least give some sunshine!

Posted

It's not the mild temps i mind so much but the stale weather, i.e dull and lifeless, if it's going to be mild i want a roaring atlantic bringing heavy rain and severe gales to go with it.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Don't mind if it's like today- sunny max 15c nice for a trip to the coast and a late sit outside, also nice to keep the heating bill down a bit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

This mild weather is lovely and it can continue through winter if it want's and with the sun expected to shine this weekend it will be feeling very nice indeed with temperatures up to 16c in the south it could feel more like Spring than Autumn.

:good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

certainly prefer this to a roaring atlantic with wind and rain, awful december likely this year, I feel the Atlantic will wake up around 21st Nov, and then zonal for a month

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

This year it's as if all the seasons have merged into one to create one hell of a dull year. I've had no storms, no decent snowfall (in fact, I don't think I saw a flake of snow in the final two thirds of winter) and no interesting (high or low) temperatures. 2011 will go down as the dullest year I can remember so far...unless we get incredibly lucky and see a repeat of December 2010, which let's be honest isn't going to happen.

Sick of this mild crap now as well!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

This mild weather is lovely and it can continue through winter if it want's and with the sun expected to shine this weekend it will be feeling very nice indeed with temperatures up to 16c in the south it could feel more like Spring than Autumn.

kinda dont agree, while miles better than lively atlantic, dont want spring until mid feb at the earliest, really cant understand anyone especially weather enthusiasts liking mild weather in winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Although weather enthusiasts have a somewhat above-average tendency to favour cold snowy winters, there are some who don't, while there are numerous others who prefer cold snowy winters but also enjoy some "warm" winter weather types to a lesser extent. I belong in that last camp, as I enjoy those (relatively rare) occasions where we get a drag of southerlies bringing warmth accompanied by bright sunshine, or those polar maritime/returning polar maritime based south-westerly types with sunshine and blustery showers for example.

I don't derive any enjoyment from this dull murky stuff that we're getting in the North East but I'm guessing that Cookie's weather is rather brighter as the north-west of Scotland has been one of the brighter regions of the UK recently.

As an aside, I think the term "mild" in weather-forecaster terms has lost its original meaning, as these days it generally means "warm", but the dictionary definition includes references like "gentle" and "balmy", which hardly apply to those winter days with severe gales accompanied by flooding in western areas and temperatures of 10C.

Posted

certainly prefer this to a roaring atlantic with wind and rain, awful december likely this year, I feel the Atlantic will wake up around 21st Nov, and then zonal for a month

I have claimed a lively Atlantic in December from September although I do expect some cold before which could lead to mountain snow and lower level snow in northern England, Scotland and NI( battleground).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Yes Ian, my favourite weather would be cold and snowy from the north and north east, with a few potent Pm outbreaks from the north west, but I also like an anticyclone from the south, or dry south-easterlies, aslong as they bring clear skies. Horrid again here today- max of 12c, low cloud and a slight wind from the S/SE- putrid.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Mild and dull and drizzly who can enjoy that? Going to work in the dark and coming back in the gloom very depressing.

The weather at the moment is boring nothing happening and nothing likely to happen in the near future either. If it going to be mild lets have some strong south westerly gales and big lows to get our teeth into.

Posted

To be honest I may enjoy this mild weather a little bit more if we had some excitment attached to it as at the moment we don't, very little wind, very little sunshine(although I have to admit the sun was more widespread today than I expected) and little variation regarding temperatures.

I'm one for seasonal weather however and at the moment we should be seeing a roaring Atlantic with frequent bursts of wind and rain but of course the weather does not always work out like that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

It's not the mild temps i mind so much but the stale weather, i.e dull and lifeless, if it's going to be mild i want a roaring atlantic bringing heavy rain and severe gales to go with it.

Agree entirely. The only interesting thing about this weather is that it's stacking up my fog statistics quite nicely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot dry summers and very mild winters

If this mild weather continued for the whole winter, interspersed with one or two sunnier colder spells I'd be very pleased indeed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I have to say I could take mild all winter, as I'm not a great lover of cold, however snow is a different matter. Of course I'm in that position where I love snow but don't like the feel of cold. I could therefore be content with 3 days of snow and the rest of the winter being mild.

I have to say I have grown a fondness of mild mornings, they seem to be particularly atmospheric I think, especially when it's dark.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Although I'm enjoying this weather i wish from time to time the Atlantic would look bothered and give some frontal windy rain, sure the warmth was enjoyable today but the rest of this week has been dull and cloudy and pointless and would of been much more interesting/useful if the cloud had been Atlantic cloud with rain and not stupid failed HP which feels like the weather is being lazy.

Posted

I have to say I could take mild all winter, as I'm not a great lover of cold, however snow is a different matter. Of course I'm in that position where I love snow but don't like the feel of cold. I could therefore be content with 3 days of snow and the rest of the winter being mild.

I have to say I have grown a fondness of mild mornings, they seem to be particularly atmospheric I think, especially when it's dark.

Lol- a fan of the even larger teapot and northerly topplers then? :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Lol- a fan of the modern winter and northerly topplers then? :p

Well yes, I don't dislike it.. it has energy about it and variability, which to me, is interesting. Throw in mild weather (with some warm days), followed by some northwesterlies along with showers, thunderstorms and occasional polar blasts with short snow events, and I'm happy.

Posted

Well yes, I don't dislike it.. it has energy about it and variability, which to me, is interesting. Throw in mild weather (with some warm days), followed by some northwesterlies along with showers, thunderstorms and occasional polar blasts with short snow events, and I'm happy.

Sounds utterly perfect- if that mild is sunny with some fair weather cloud, not the bank of stratus/stratocumulus!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

I don't mind this gloomy, overcast weather, as long as it isn't in winter when it's likely to be mild..

I just hate the lack of frost. I should have gotten my first air frost in late October, but it won't be until late December at this rate.

At least I know that my first snow isn't a million miles away (assuming December isn't snowless, which isn't often!)

Besides, until you've experienced a winter on the Canadian Prairie you don't know what true cold is; they make last December look tropical by comparison.

Edited by Aaron

Posted

'Mild' weather in itself is ok, but generally I do prefer cooler conditions outside of the May - August period. - However, it really depends on the other variables it is accompanying. Mild and wet and windy weather is far more interesting than mild dull drizzly cloudy weather- i.e. what we have now, it makes for a very drab feel it has to be said. Much prefer 'polar' air as it usually means much brighter conditions, which is what we need at this time of year.

The most notable feature of the autumn so far is how mild nights have been,and how little wind we have seen, indeed how little of anything to talk about it. The year on the whole has been exceptionally 'benign' - with quiet very pleasant conditions on the whole with few temp extremes - but its wearing thin now, and I want some weather action.