Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Strange Days Indeed! To Sign In Or Not To Sign In...

TonyH

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Could not sign in on my HTC Desire S, correct password.

Signing on OK on my computers with said password.

Cleared phone saved content, passwords, etc., to no avail.

Followed Paul's instructions to hit forgotten password (even though it was not forgotten), then able to sign in on the phone again.

Problem reversed now, this different password will not let me sign in on my computers!

Basically this is a real pain as if I want to go on the forum or Extra on my computer I have to obtain a new password via the forgotten password procedure, and then I am locked out of my HTC, so if I am out and want to comment or check the radar on the phone, I will need to go through the same rigmarole on that! It's a vicious circle that I wondered if anyone had experience or does someone have any idea what I can do to break it

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

I had the problem you describe a few weeks back, but thought nothing of it at the time as I managed to sign in on my computer eventually and hardly ever post while on my iPhone. Can see how it could be frustrating. Guess it's one of the many teething problems associated with an overhauled forum.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Think yourself lucky, occassionally I get an ad banner across my login screen on the PC which stops me from entering my details. Irritating to say the least.

Posted

Could not sign in on my HTC Desire S, correct password.

Signing on OK on my computers with said password.

Cleared phone saved content, passwords, etc., to no avail.

Followed Paul's instructions to hit forgotten password (even though it was not forgotten), then able to sign in on the phone again.

Problem reversed now, this different password will not let me sign in on my computers!

Basically this is a real pain as if I want to go on the forum or Extra on my computer I have to obtain a new password via the forgotten password procedure, and then I am locked out of my HTC, so if I am out and want to comment or check the radar on the phone, I will need to go through the same rigmarole on that! It's a vicious circle that I wondered if anyone had experience or does someone have any idea what I can do to break it

I'm still sure that this is related to something your phone is doing - the passwords for extra and the forum are stored in totally different databases and there is no link between them (and the usernames are the same).

I can only think your phone is for some reason storing the forum password as some sort of overall netweather password so it automatically using that whenever you try to use extra.

Think yourself lucky, occassionally I get an ad banner across my login screen on the PC which stops me from entering my details. Irritating to say the least.

If you'd reported that to us when it happened we'd have looked into it for you..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Not having a dig Paul. Only happened on a handful of occasions, the latest being tonight hence why I made the comment when I did. Did not mean to offend as the Netweather experience is unrivalled by no other.

Posted

But its also happening on my computer Paul.

Posted

There really is no link with the forum and extra password though Tony, so all I can think is happening is that an incorrect password is being input by you at some point or an incorrect password is being stored by either your phone or pc.

Posted

OK thanks Paul, I am currently logged into both computer and phone so hopefully it has resolved for now, I am sticking with the random generated password provided from the forgotten password link and copy and pasting that in from the email!

I am at work all night so that will be the true test!